Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Forum: Australia July 3rd 07, 02:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By [email protected]
Powered cycles

On Jul 3, 9:09 am, scotty72 scotty72.2t4...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Can anyone point me to a few places where on can get one of these bikes
(sorry - the Kmart ones don't do it...
Forum: Australia July 2nd 07, 08:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By [email protected]
Powered cycles

On Jul 2, 2:16 pm, Owen wrote:
The BFA is going to bat for an increase in the power of motor assisted bicyles.

These rotten things are the antithesis of good cycling, they...
Forum: Australia June 27th 07, 08:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Shelley the republican tackles cyclists

On Jun 27, 1:58 pm, John Henderson wrote:
See the artice at:http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2007/06/21/cyclists-the-two-wheel...

The best bit is scouring the...
Forum: Australia June 27th 07, 07:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
"transport poverty"

On Jun 27, 11:27 am, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Well yes. Because the jobs are usually low paid service jobs or factory
jobs, and while the job area might be serviced by public...
Forum: Australia June 21st 07, 08:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
New Inventors ABC last night

On Jun 21, 1:20 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2si...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is
beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was...
Forum: Australia February 21st 07, 04:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
"One guy alsmost fell off his bike"

On Feb 21, 8:55 am, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2mb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Damn, why can't
there be more nubile boa-clad bloke-models to distract me on the
morning commute? It ain't fair...
Forum: Australia February 16th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Cycling Perth and footpaths

On Feb 13, 9:53 am, SteveA SteveA.2lx...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Law here is that cyclists over 12yo cannot cycle on footpaths. Differs
from some other parts of Australia where...
Forum: Australia December 7th 06, 04:33 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
No reasonable expectation of a bike on the side of the road

Donga wrote:
wot he said, FFS! Next you'll be blaming a bike manufacturer for
selling you a bike that goes over 30 km/h, when you crash at 40! Oh, I
had no idea I'd get gravel rash and a busted...
Forum: Australia December 7th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
No reasonable expectation of a bike on the side of the road

Donga wrote:
Surely not in a sensible legal system. Coffee at 85 degrees? Heck, many
would complain it was cold. Those who complained probably make it and
drink it straight out of the kettle...
Forum: Australia December 6th 06, 11:46 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
(almost) Bike rage on the Kwinana Fwy this morning

DeF wrote:
Does the bike path follow Roe Hwy all the way to Kwinana Fwy? And how
do you join the path on the West side of the Freeway? I ride the
freeway path fairly often but have never...
Forum: Australia December 6th 06, 11:38 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
No reasonable expectation of a bike on the side of the road

SteveA wrote:
Aussie courts give bugger all punitive damages (also called "exemplary
damages") so it would not be worth pouring coffee on yourself here.

The article pointed out that McDonalds...
Forum: Australia December 5th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
No reasonable expectation of a bike on the side of the road

wrote:
* company policy was to maintain the coffee at a temperature of 185C

Sorry, that should be 185F, which is 85C
Forum: Australia December 5th 06, 01:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
No reasonable expectation of a bike on the side of the road

Donga wrote:
This is the country where a driver can sue a fast food shop for making
the coffee too hot, causing scalding when he spills it on his crotch
WHILE DRIVING. Surely a half-sensible...
Forum: Australia November 23rd 06, 01:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 73
Posted By [email protected]
Sunday Mail report on nasty prang in Perth

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I'm still looking for a squeaky toy. None of the local shops have
them which surprises me as you'd think you could find anything in a
street full of two dollar...
Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 05:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Tour de France - Not for these two-wheeled pests

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
World's worst interface. A link for every comment?

Not the worst interface. The worst interface would be not to
show the comments at all, but just a message
"Please wait...
Forum: Australia November 21st 06, 01:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 73
Posted By [email protected]
Sunday Mail report on nasty prang in Perth

PiledHigher wrote:
Have the changed the school terms, we had school holidays for most of
summer!

When I was in school we had three terms. Now we have four terms,
and the christmas break goes...
Forum: Australia November 20th 06, 07:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By [email protected]
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Well I know my helmet won't protect me if my head and a solid object
get friendly at more than about 8mph, so if I headbutt a car I'm dead
meat anyway.

If the car and...
Forum: Australia November 13th 06, 01:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Brisbane driver stories

Resound wrote:
"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
Interestingly everyone in my family, including all the grandchildren have
Forum: Australia November 10th 06, 02:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Why are expensive bikes better than cheap ones?

Richard Sherratt wrote:
On 8 Nov 2006 17:48:54 -0800, wrote:
Still, what can you expect for $130? It works.

Doesn't sound like it.

It does the job. It is uncomfortable...
Forum: Australia November 9th 06, 01:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Why are expensive bikes better than cheap ones?

Ken Aston wrote:
To come down to the point, assuming the same weight, the same type of
tyres and amount of gears, why can I go faster with a high quality
bike?

I don't know much about...
Forum: Australia November 6th 06, 08:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Confessions of a red-light runner...

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Did you cross the line before the light went red?

If you did then you are not crossing illegally.

My sister got nicked for getting stuck in the intersection
after the...
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 03:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
The Reva: neither car or bike?

Terryc wrote:
The greeness shold be a selling point, not a tradeoff for safety. that
would be tantamount to saying, since it is a "green" car, it is okay for
you to butcher proportinally people...
Forum: Australia October 26th 06, 06:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
What is it with Giant?

Bleve wrote:
What's the point of having the same
range as the shop down the road? Then customers troll back & forth
with lower & lower prices. Good for the customer, in the short term,
but...
Forum: Australia October 25th 06, 02:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
On the cycle path this morning...

BT Humble wrote:
Is this a common thing to happen with K-Mart/Big W bikes? Or do kids
flip them around because it looks cool?

The K-Mart bikes come with "some assembly required", and...
Forum: Australia September 21st 06, 06:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Hilarious ad snippet: "Brand New Bike for sale"

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Given his failed first attempt, the Huffymeister tries
again:
snip
ur racing downhill at speeds of 60km/hr, the wind gushing

Are you sure this is the same bike? This one...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50