Replies: 241
Posted By Chris Slade
Cycling on pavements!

On 2009-07-19, Brimstone wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:

There is not, and cannot be, any such thing as 'natural law. If you
want wooly thinking, there's a prime...
Forum: UK June 16th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Chris Slade
time trial

On 2007-06-15, Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Rob Morley
') wrote:

In article...
Forum: UK June 9th 07, 07:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris Slade
Something to keep murderous motorists off the road

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6736587.stm

Drivers 'need psychometric tests'

Would it do any good? It might be a bit easier than cleaning up the mess
after them.

--
Chris
Forum: UK June 4th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Peter Scandrett wrote:

Hi

I went for a ride around Wigan today[1]; upon getting back and trying to
get back to the car park I walked my bike through the new shopping mall
they have there....
Forum: UK June 2nd 07, 01:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Slade
How far can you lean?

Simon Brooke wrote:

I cannot believe that in the twenty-first century
we're still using forks, not monoblades.

If they all cost as much as that USE SUB, I think I can see a reason.
--...
Forum: UK June 1st 07, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Slade
How far can you lean?

Paul Boyd wrote:

On 27/05/2007 22:55, Membrane said,

On my pedal bike I haven't yet found the confidence to lean at similar
angles during fast speed descents. Anyone know if similar lean...
Forum: UK May 14th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 43
Posted By Chris Slade
Gridlock!

LSMike wrote:

On May 10, 6:30 am, Tom Crispin
wrote:
The Blackwall Tunnel northbound has been closed for 17 hours after an
asbestos spill. The...
Forum: UK May 11th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris Slade
Extreme unicycling

Danny Colyer wrote:

Graeme Dods wrote:
Look, would the two of you just stop it, it's no fair! I'm stuck way
down here where the two wheeled contrivances are fairly common, but I
have...
Forum: UK May 10th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Chris Slade
Highway Code Issues - Parliamentary Response

spindrift wrote:

Jan wrote:
Ekul Namsob wrote:
Danny Colyer wrote:

Pyromancer asked:
Thoughts and comments?

You missed the all...
Forum: UK May 4th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Chris Slade
New toy. Garden pr0n only.

Tim Woodall wrote:

Got a new toy today. My other new toy (a new wide angle camera lens is
at the postoffice waiting for me to collect it so I can't do any kitchen
pr0n yet)

I think the bike...
Forum: UK April 29th 07, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Slade
Gear Mystery

Ziggy wrote:

I'm no expert on bicycle mechanics, but on every derailleur I've ever
ridden the 'bias' is for the mechanism to move 'outwards'.

So what makes this problem so weird is that the...
Forum: UK March 14th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 605
Posted By Chris Slade
Move to change law

On 2007-03-14 15:07:30 +0000, "spindrift" said:

Cycle lanes are not free of charge, all taxpayers pay for them.

They are free to...
Forum: UK March 8th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Chris Slade
adulterated fuel

POHB wrote:

On 1 Mar, 16:33, wrote:
But secondly, even
if the motor was off the road for a week, I'd cope.

My boss asked me if I had put Tesco petrol in the car...
Forum: UK February 28th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Slade
Famous People Who Cycle Folding Bikes?

wrote:

What about Scarlett Johansen...Any truth in that rumour? Is there a
photo out there?

There's a Gap commercial showing her (at least I think it's her) riding...
Forum: UK February 28th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 63
Posted By Chris Slade
Columbia bike rider gets hit with SUV, ticket

David Damerell wrote:

Quoting Ekul Namsob :
I drive cautiously. Some cyclists, particularly the muppets who try to
mow me and my daughter down as we...
Forum: UK February 18th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Slade
RR -A Grand Day Out - First Dead Badger of the Year - Mini NW200 Audax

Tony Raven wrote:

Do none of
these people remember when they were learners?

Did any of these people ever bother learning to drive?
--
Chris

Drive defensively. Buy a tank.
Forum: UK February 6th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Slade
My new bike

raisethe wrote:

On 6 Feb, 09:35, Paul Boyd usenet.dont.work@plusnet wrote:
Dave Larrington said the following on 06/02/2007 09:22:

OK, so where's the Kitchen Pr0n?

Or... "Wot,...
Forum: UK February 6th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Slade
More room in the afternoon

Tony Raven wrote:

Another analysis from Ian Walker at Bath University that shows the room
that motorists give cyclists increases linearly during the day and is 8"
more on average at the 17:00...
Forum: UK January 23rd 07, 09:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Slade
Polar s725

Luka wrote:

Do you think it will work well with road bike ?

The s720i works very well with both a road bike and a mountain bike. The
battery lasts about 2 years as well. I used it for about 90...
Forum: UK January 8th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Chris Slade
Prescription lenses and decent cycling glasses

Simon Brooke wrote:

Right, I have got to the point of old age and decrepitude where I need
prescription lenses for my cycling glasses. Or at least, to be more
precise, I need either bifocal or...
Forum: UK January 7th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By Chris Slade
Zealots

stevo wrote:

So you ignored the prison population stats I see - already cheery picking.

Well, if he can't post to Usenet with a smile on his face, what's the
point? :-)

--
Chris
Forum: UK December 31st 06, 10:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:

Alan Braggins wrote on 31/12/2006 20:49 +0100:

(But with the annual distance travelled by bikes being about 6 miles a
year or something equally ridiculous, it's...
Forum: UK December 31st 06, 09:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Slade
London cycling stats

Tony Raven wrote:

Similar here. *Of all the people in my school none were killed or
injured cycling, one died of leukemia and two were killed in a head on
collision with an HGV while riding a...
Forum: UK December 24th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Slade
Portable Bike Cleaning Kit

Will Cove wrote:

So one litre of Fenwicks caravan cleaner
should last years if your only going to use it clean your bikes a few
times a week.

There's absolutely no chance of me cleaning my...
Forum: UK December 22nd 06, 08:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 436
Posted By Chris Slade
Was I out of order?

Clive Coleman. wrote:

In message , Chris Slade
writes
How about more incorrect conclusions drawn from malformed opinions?
Such as?

Your...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 88