Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Veloise
Forum: General August 23rd 06, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Veloise
How many of you ever read RBR? How often?

Chris Neary wrote:
Who here reads in rec.bicycles.racing?

Is it still run by the same clique of ex- and wanna-be racers who ostracize
anyone who doesn't know the "secret...
Forum: General August 18th 06, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 29
Posted By Veloise
longest u had to walk b/c part failure

what's the farthest you've had to walk?

Bottom bracket exploded. I traveled about ten miles by coasting,
scootering, and walking. Had gone to a spring art festival and made it
home by...
Forum: Rides August 12th 06, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Veloise
Bike Rental in Cleveland, OH?

Sweet Old Bob wrote:
I'm going to a convention in Sept, 11-15, at the Convention Center,
staying downtown (I think) not to far from there.

Is there anyplace in Cleveland that might rent me a...
Forum: Rides August 2nd 06, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By Veloise
looking for LOT's of info

Scott wrote:
I'm in the preliminary stages of planning a coast-to-coast trip,
generally from San Diego to Jacksonville, probably in February, '07.

A couple years back, a dad & lad pair did...
Forum: General August 1st 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,misc.kids
Replies: 61
Posted By Veloise
Good child (small adult) bicycle

Jeanne wrote:
We're avid bicyclists so we *are* fussy. ... As such, we would
never go to Target or TRU for a bicycle. ...

Huzzah!

You're in your local club, no? Perhaps on a decent bike, DD...
Forum: General July 28th 06, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Veloise
Night riding convert

R Brickston wrote:
The cooler temps are great for the daily ride and you use less water.
We have to worry about deer and the few riders with no lights or
reflectors. Last night the gnats were...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Veloise
Lance visits Iowa

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

(brought to you from rec.bicycles.racing)

He says next year he's gonna ride the entire RAGBRAI. Said he was
supposed to show up Weds night and...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Veloise
He should have ask Lance for advice...

Z wrote:

And what would that be? Have one surgically removed?

--Karen D.
Forum: General July 26th 06, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Problem: Bike changes gears on it's own

Frank wrote:
Every time I had seen this it has been that the cable is a bit loose.

Remember those old friction shift levers prevalent on 70's bikes? Mine
were held in place with a black plastic...
Forum: General July 26th 06, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Veloise
Floyd Landis

Bill Sornson wrote:
Someone posted this link in AM-B, and the article's pretty interesting IMO.
Enjoy.

Forum: General July 23rd 06, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By Veloise
a greeting from a cager

Chris Z The Wheelman wrote:
Had a teen honk as he passed me in a FS pickup the other day. I caught
up with him at the light and jokingly shouted through his passenger side
widow (which was...
Forum: UK July 19th 06, 10:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Veloise
Lance on Wikipedia

Armstrong did abandon his wife and two
small children in shameful circumstances.

I wish someone would abandon me with several million $ and a couple
of really nice...
Forum: General July 15th 06, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Nice Bike for College Student ??

James wrote:
Our son will be starting college in the Fall, and we want to purchase a bike
for him. He is not a bike "nut", so neither we nor he wish to spend a
fortune. Thus, our price range...
Forum: General July 12th 06, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Veloise
Protecting cell phone in rain

chuck wrote:
Anyone know of a decent waterproof case for a cell phone. After last
nights ride my zip lock baggie containing my cell was filled with water
and my phone. I'd like a more reliable...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14