Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Forum: UK December 8th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Unredeemable

Tony Raven wrote:
I decided to give this group a rest a few months back because of all
the troll wrestling going on. So I pop back to lurk and see if its
worth re-engaging and what do I find? ...
Forum: UK March 22nd 08, 08:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Car daytime running lights

Martin Dann wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
A while ago I mentioned that the EU were trying to make things even
more dangerous for cyclists by introducing these things. I contacted
my MEP, who...
Forum: UK March 20th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
New BMA briefing paper. WARNING: Long, contains H word.

Mark T wrote:
Nigel Cliffe writtificated

These are intelligent people who genuinely
believe cycling is very dangerous, and are put off using bicycles.
That comes from seeing helmets and...
Forum: UK March 20th 08, 12:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
New BMA briefing paper. WARNING: Long, contains H word.

Mark T wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? writtificated

This is my favourite bit:

"Attitudinal factors shown to influence rates of helmet use include
low risk perception (with cycling not...
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 09:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Peugeot 307 Estate

Bob C wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

I'd hope so. I can get my old hard tail in the boot of a BMW 318 Compact
(not much space in back compared to FWD cars) with the rear seats up and...
Forum: UK March 17th 08, 10:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
repair or replace?

Geoff Pearson wrote:
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
In article , Geoff Pearson
Forum: UK March 12th 08, 01:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Mongoose Sabrosa Ocho and Cyclescheme.co.uk

wrote:
The second part is about the ride-to-work tax incentive scheme at
Cyclescheme.co.uk . I'm a little worried that because it's not a hire-
purchase scheme, I risk my...
Forum: UK March 12th 08, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Are Speedhubs incompatible with rear racks?

Duncan Smith wrote:
This is likely a characteristic of my frame (Pompino) but I'll check
to see if it's common; the LBS have fitted my Speedhub now, but
weren't able to re-fit the rack as the...
Forum: UK March 9th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
7 speed to 8 speed

Colin MacDonald wrote:
In article 0d5bc4a5-0f4d-4eb7-99d6-b753ce4533d6
@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com, says...
I have an old bike out in the shed I would like to start using...
Forum: UK March 4th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Easy to maintain mountain bike recommendations

Holty wrote:
Guys, thanks so much for the rapid and really insightful set of
off-roading, just a few gentle rides through...
Forum: UK March 4th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Easy to maintain mountain bike recommendations

Holty wrote:
My company has joined the Halfords Cycle to Work scheme so I'm tempted
to buy one as it works out costing about 50% less.

I'm completely clueless when it comes to bikes so I'm...
Forum: UK March 4th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
MTB engines on ebay

vernon wrote:
"Martin Dann" wrote in message
As seen on uk.legal

Forum: UK March 4th 08, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Lidl

Trevor A Panther wrote:
"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
I actually think it they are the worst offers...
Forum: UK March 3rd 08, 01:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Any long term reviews for Shimano 105?

David Damerell wrote:
Quoting Simon Brooke :
/What/? How big/heavy/strong are you? How the hell does anyone snap
a modern cycle chain?

We bust an SRAM chain...
Forum: UK February 22nd 08, 06:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Foam Cycling Jackets - still available?

Julian Bosley wrote:
About ten years ago I bought a winter jacket made of open cell foam
laminated between very fine stretchy fabric. It was excellent - not
sweaty, dried quickly, warm and...
Forum: UK February 22nd 08, 01:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Dyno with USB outlet?

On 2008-02-21, Rob Morley wrote:
USB is just 5 volts at up to 500mA. A basic dynamo (actually an
alternator) produces a nominal 6VRMS 500mA AC.
Forum: UK February 22nd 08, 09:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 110
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Incident and police response

burtthebike wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, burtthebike wrote:

The police...
Forum: UK February 16th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Replacing my drivetrain

Tom Anderson wrote:
Hi all,

My chain is rather worn - twelve links measure a bit over a foot and
an eighth of an inch. So, time to kick myself for (a) not looking
after it better and (b)...
Forum: UK February 14th 08, 05:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Shipping Bike to France

Trevor wrote:
Have been in touch with Decathlon:

http://www.decathlon.fr/FR/vtt-loisirs-3792707/

Are VTT the equivalent of out Mountain Bikes?

"VTT" is French for Mountain Bike; you'll see...
Forum: UK February 13th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Cure for sore Butt?

Trevor wrote:
"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
Trevor wrote:
However, what matters is not what fits me but what fits you.
Forum: UK February 13th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Pedersen

wrote:
As only an occasional poster (but long term lurker) I hope you don't
mind me asking a question.
I'm interested in obtaining a gentlemans velo to allow me to pootle
Forum: UK February 13th 08, 02:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Rims for touring wheel?

Mike K Smith wrote:
My wife's bike needs a new front wheel, 700c to take a 25-28mm tyre.
The existing wheel has a Mavic MA2 rim, but these are no longer
available.
What does the team think...
Forum: UK February 13th 08, 09:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
Optilabs Scorch review

Danny Colyer wrote:
On 28/08/07 I ordered two pairs of Optilabs Scorch cycling glasses,
.................I think the Scorch glasses merit a detailed
review.

Thanks for posting the review. I...
Forum: UK February 12th 08, 02:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
waitrose free hire of bike trailers

Noel wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:04:19 +0000, Nigel Cliffe wrote:

......... If anyone would like a rather nice pair of restored
Ercol arm chairs, ideal for a conservatory, drop me an...
Forum: UK February 12th 08, 11:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By Nigel Cliffe[_2_]
waitrose free hire of bike trailers

JNugent wrote:
Nigel Cliffe wrote:
JNugent wrote:
What would be the point of going to the tip (or recycling point) on
a bicycle? Come to that, what be the point in going there as a
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61