Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chip C
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 15, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Chip C
Rear Wheel Alignment

On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 10:36:16 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I mentioned the clamp-on axle stops that I have installed in my utility
bike. These seem to be functionally the same:
Forum: Techniques January 13th 13, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 709
Posted By Chip C
entry level lights to see by

On Sunday, 13 January 2013 14:15:45 UTC-5, SMS wrote:

Price is not good indicator of how well a rear blinkie works.

Frequently I notice that a cyclist that I've been following, or that I'd...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 12, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Chip C
A-W indicator spindle turns freely - but hub still shifts

Replacing the shift cable on my old Sports last night I noticed that the indicator spindle wasn't screwing tight in the hub. It doesn't feel like the threads are stripped, but rather like whatever it...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 12, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Chip C
Tail light question please

On May 2, 10:54*am, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
Chip C wrote:

There is good info online on how police departments record fewer
crashes into their roadside stops...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 12, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Chip C
Tail light question please

On Apr 30, 4:31*pm, Bob Newman wrote:
I am a safety fanatic on a budget and would like to get opinions as to which is the brightest and most visible (not always the same...
Forum: Techniques November 18th 11, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 125
Posted By Chip C
Rethinking getting Surly Long Haul Trucker frame? ... no kickstand???

On Nov 17, 4:07*am, Chalo wrote:
Chip C wrote:

Over and above the 3 year thing, where is the shop getting the
no-kickstand rule? I sure don't see that...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 11, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 125
Posted By Chip C
Rethinking getting Surly Long Haul Trucker frame? ... no kickstand???

On Nov 15, 12:41*pm, Chip C wrote:
On Oct 12, 1:47*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Hi there.

I'm rethinking getting aSurlyLong Haul...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 11, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 125
Posted By Chip C
Rethinking getting Surly Long Haul Trucker frame? ... no kickstand???

On Oct 12, 1:47*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Hi there.

I'm rethinking getting aSurlyLong Haul Trucker frameset.

I was about to go to the shop to get measured for...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 11, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Chip C
400 Lumen 3C Flashlight at Costco

On Nov 11, 10:59*am, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
SMS wrote:
The spousal unit has been using a handlebar mount 3AAA LED light. Very
bright, but the battery life is...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Chip C
What the heck?

On Jun 6, 11:42*am, Anton Success wrote:
what is this????http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQunTHJmejDqNeIMBqYsqY_WwGbbr...

My first guess is the vehicle is some kind of...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 11, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Chip C
CANADA: Where To Buy New York Bike Locks?

On Jun 7, 10:16*am, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 6/7/2011 10:09 AM, Dan O wrote:

Forum: Techniques May 17th 11, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Chip C
1937 Hetchins Lightweight - what for these fabric thingies????

On May 17, 9:25*am, DougC wrote:
There is a bicycle in the 2010 Copake auction catalog that has odd "rim
covers" on it. I would just assume that they were some kind of
Forum: Techniques May 11th 11, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Chip C
Pletscher Zoom versus Greenfield Stabalizer

On May 7, 7:28*pm, JG wrote:
My lighting project has concluded with the purchase of set of
Marathons. *The Top Tour 2000's I had have served me well, but the
Marathons'...
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 11, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Chip C
Tail light question

On Feb 22, 12:19*pm, landotter wrote:
On Feb 21, 7:59*pm, Bob wrote:

I am looking for a bright tail light for day light usage. *I own a
Forum: Techniques February 2nd 11, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Chip C
Chain slip ...

On Feb 2, 10:44*am, Simon Lewis wrote:
"slip" is the best way I can describe it.

A new 9 speed chain on a reasonably new cassette. Length same as old.

Campag...
Forum: Techniques December 18th 09, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Chip C
One-sample bicycle research: blinkies validated

On Dec 16, 7:30*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

A new BUMM rear light, called the Line Plus, is predicated on the
assumption that an important element of a bicycle rear light is to
Forum: Techniques November 19th 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Chip C
Which ski goggles for cycling?

On Nov 18, 7:53*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
Inveterate skiers, especially those who also do cross-country work,
invariably have two sets of goggles, one blue-tinted for bright
Forum: Techniques August 19th 09, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Chip C
Tail light recommendation please

[...]*(I don't think ambulances and fire engines don't
have a lot of trouble getting hit by target fixating zombies.)

I'm unclear on how to not misinterpret your disavoidance of
nonsingular...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 09, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Chip C
S-A AW with only one anti-rotation washer?

To get enough threads clear to install an axle-mount trailer hitch on
my old Sports, I ended up taking off both the outboard washer (which
the hitch fitting effectively replaces) and the...
Forum: Techniques June 2nd 09, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Chip C
slimed tires?

On Jun 2, 12:48*pm, " wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:12*am, Chalo wrote:

wrote:

My daughter tells me the...
Forum: General April 27th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Chip C
How to bike with a suitcase...

On Apr 27, 3:53*am, Jose Capco
wrote:
Dear NG,

I recently damaged my laptop. And this is simply because I have a
backpack laptop bag *and I carry it...
Forum: Techniques March 30th 09, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Chip C
age of child for bicycle trailer

On Mar 20, 10:23*am, "ernestolube.com" wrote:
Hi, how old does a child have to be to be in a pull-behind trailer?
5 months?
6 months?

The accepted "expert" opinion...
Forum: Techniques February 24th 09, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Chip C
1600 G's on a Schrader valve?

On Feb 19, 12:44*am, wrote:

[...]

I totally believe that at some speed, the G forces will open a
Schrader valve enough to let air out. Whether it's at 1600 G or 935 G
or...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 09, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Chip C
Bike Bollards

On Jan 1, 10:14 pm, Woland99 wrote:
On Jan 1, 10:22 am, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:

considered 01 Jan 2009...
Forum: Techniques November 24th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Chip C
Carbon fork legs & alum steerer stronger than steel bearings?

On Nov 23, 9:57 pm, " wrote:
[...] I mean, unless someone snuck
some phil wood grease in there when I wasn't looking, which would
obviously explain it, I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50