Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 5.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve C[_2_]
Forum: UK August 2nd 08, 10:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Parking in advisory cycle lane

Ian Smith wrote:
On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Nuxx Bar wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:05 pm, Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008, judith...
Forum: UK August 2nd 08, 09:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
40kph New thech/mech from India

Colin Nelson wrote:
Wait till Shimano get hold of this ...

No biggy this, I can hit 40kph on my MTB and 50kph on my Road bike -
admittedly I'm usually going down steep hills at the...
Forum: UK August 2nd 08, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 215
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Mandatory Cycle Lanes

judith wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 21:01:24 +0100, Steve C
wrote:

Steve C

I say "Both of these are traits of ****wits in urc" - does this say
"all the people...
Forum: UK August 2nd 08, 09:01 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 215
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Mandatory Cycle Lanes

judith wrote:
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:39:29 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

"judith" wrote in message
Forum: UK August 1st 08, 07:34 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 215
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Mandatory Cycle Lanes

martin wrote:
Bongman wrote:

Talking to friends, colleagues and family, none of them knew of, or
had seen a "minimum speed" road sign.

I don't recall ever seeing one in almost 30...
Forum: UK August 1st 08, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 215
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Mandatory Cycle Lanes

Bongman wrote:

Don't insult people for asking questions!

Regards

Bongman

Forum: UK August 1st 08, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
=DO NOT FEED THE TROLL=

Peter Fox wrote:

Another vote for this - at least five good threads hijacked.
Forum: UK July 25th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 112
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
CTC Helmet Policy

Peter Clinch wrote:
judith wrote:

Judith is a troll.

The Wikipedia definition for those who mis-use or don't undestand the
term - "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is...
Forum: UK July 12th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
2008 Crime and Safety Partnership Survey

Marc wrote:
Steve C wrote:
f I ever get a reply I'll post it here.

I wasn't that subtle

:-) It'll be fun to compare replies.

Steve C
Forum: UK July 12th 08, 08:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
2008 Crime and Safety Partnership Survey

Martin wrote:

Tom wrote:

I wonder how stupid they think people are, but then they do include
Telford police.

I live in Telford so I'd better not comment on the above... however we
Forum: UK July 12th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
insoluble deraileur problem?

Jim Harvest wrote:
I recently bought a new Galaxy by mail order. It has proved so far to be
more unreliable than my Halfords Apollo which I chucked in a skip after
only 500 miles.

The...
Forum: UK June 27th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Mad Man!

"One wheel will be better than two for a Shropshire man when he jumps on
a unicycle to ride down The Wrekin. Bob Griffiths is raising hundreds of
pounds for the MS Society through the event."

Text...
Forum: General June 22nd 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Do you carry a gun while out on a ride?

Rob Morley wrote:

Recommendations?

On Windows I use Microplanet Gravity
and on Linux I use Claws Mail http://www.claws-mail.org/
Many other...
Forum: UK June 22nd 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27

Rob Morley wrote:

Recommendations?

On Windows I use Microplanet Gravity
and on Linux I use Claws Mail http://www.claws-mail.org/
Many other...
Forum: UK June 21st 08, 06:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Do you carry a gun while out on a ride?

David Lloyd wrote:

I recommend that you remove all the other newsgroups before sending, so as
not to continue the cross-posting.

Maybe one of the other news groups would have been able to...
Forum: UK June 21st 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Do you carry a gun while out on a ride?

Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:38:59 -0500
"Amy Blankenship" wrote:

Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy? I have him
Forum: Rides June 21st 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24

"Amy Blankenship" wrote:

Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy? I have him
Forum: Social Issues June 21st 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26

"Amy Blankenship" wrote:

Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy? I have him
Forum: General June 21st 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

"Amy Blankenship" wrote:

Could we adopt a policy of not responding to this guy? I have him
Forum: UK June 18th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
seat cover for rain?

bugbear wrote:
I have a leather saddle on my commute bike,
and nowhere (under cover) at work to store it :-(

I like my saddle, and would like
to both keep it, and keep it in good...
Forum: UK June 18th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

Another child was injured today according to the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7460594.stm

"Cyclist sought after girl injured

A four-year-old girl is in a serious condition with...
Forum: UK June 16th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

A five year old was knocked over in Cheltenham and badly injured by a
person on a bike. I first saw the story on the Daily Mail's web site -...
Forum: UK June 15th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Grease for threads

Ian Smith wrote:

A small pack of copper grease in particular lasts forever, I'd
definitely add it to your collection of lubricants, for almost any
threads.

regards, Ian...
Forum: UK June 12th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve C[_2_]
Gear slipping

POHB wrote:
"bornfree" wrote
Hi

I have had my current bike for 8 months, and the gears slip a little
bit on occasions.

If I put off getting this fixed,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51