Showing results 1 to 25 of 203
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: madmattunipro
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By madmattunipro
How to remove anodizing (rims/cranks) / Polishing aul. to mirror finish.

Anodising is only a few thou(sandths of an inch) thick, so if you remove
only what is necessary, and where it's necessary (not the splines) you
shouldn't have problems with the crank loosening.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By madmattunipro
BC Discussion Thread

It says what sizes it comes in on the page... I think the main one is
26" and they have a smaller version.

It might not be hard to remove the rear wheel, though it look like the
way it's built...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By madmattunipro
BC Discussion Thread

Ahhh... well I suppose that makes some sense then.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By madmattunipro
BC Discussion Thread

hmmm... I think that kinda defeats the point of the bc wheel... but
interesting never the less.

Has anyone seen these so called 'Magicwheel'
(http://tinyurl.com/7qoa32) dealies? I found it on Ebay...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By madmattunipro
Inflatable Clown Costume

johnfoss;1167609 wrote:
I don't hate you, but you do stand a chance of getting beat up if you
ride down the street like that... :P

Possibly by another unicyclist. :D

--
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39

Ummm... in that case you would weld pegs of some kind to the frame,
rather than put them on the axle.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By madmattunipro
SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking

The problem with short spokes it that it means fewer threads are engaged
in the nipple. This should cause failure at the nipples, not at the
hub.

Breakage at the elbows is typically caused by the...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By madmattunipro
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

Cool, I've been wanting to try some ankle braces for riding. Ankles seem
to be my weak point. Just need to find a local retailer that carries
them.

As far as shoes for MUni and trials, I use my...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By madmattunipro
ultimate wheel trials

There was a dude at MMUF last year who did that. I don't remember who
though.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By madmattunipro
Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Home Made)

Put a couple pegs/plates on it and you'd have what we were talking about
on the BC thread.

So my guess is it's a bike fork mated to a seat post.... and you
happened to have that wheel with the brake...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By madmattunipro
Duro Wildlife Leapord tire pressure

I have no idea... I go by feel. Don't worry about a specific pressure...
just go with what works for you.

Ummm... skilewis, your pressure suggestion might not be terribly
helpful if you don't have...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By madmattunipro
BC Discussion Thread

If you want to use the fork off a bmx for the frame, the difficulty is
marrying the steer tube to a seat post. I know it's been done before.

But I had heard once of some people, I believe in...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By madmattunipro
BC Discussion Thread

For those wanting a bc with a frame and seat, why not just take an old
uni and remove the cranks, then all you have to do is weld a peg on each
side of the frame. The only downside is the pegs would...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By madmattunipro
So I did my own custom Paint job!!

Yes! Another one to join the ranks of bright orange unis... great job!

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By madmattunipro
BC Discussion Thread

I found a couple rubberized L shaped plates in the back of my blazer-for
holding the jack down- when we cleaned it out at the wreckers, I've made
these into a BC wheel that should be awesome as soon...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 479
Posted By madmattunipro
Trials Discussion Thread

It is possible to twist your hub, I did it to Danni's KH MUni... I find
it unlikely that you would twist the splines themselves, probably you
bent it inboard of the cranks. Or you did bend your...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By madmattunipro
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

It would be easier to know what you should do if you could tell us
exactly what's making it ride up... Is it just that they aren't curved
the same or is there a particular spot they are contacting...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 479
Posted By madmattunipro
Trials Discussion Thread

Yeah SIF pedal grabs are generally easier because you'll want to get
your weight over the pedal you are grabbing with, this is a lot easier
if you aren't restricted by the seat being between your...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By madmattunipro
Riding on Ice!

BillyTheMountain;1158014 wrote:
THe past 2 days I hit "black ice" on the road and the Coker slipped out
sideways so fast, my hips hit the ground and I was sliding before I knew
I was down.
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By madmattunipro
Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas!

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By madmattunipro
Riding on Ice!

His name has Saskatchewan in it and you thing sasquatch is the correct
answer?

Sasquatch is an adaptation of the First Nations name for what some
would call bigfoot. Saskatchewan is something...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By madmattunipro
Freaky unicycle dream

mr.UNIversal;1150878 wrote:
i had another dream last night i was dreamin of my road unicycle the uni
im buildin and i was testin it in some random carpark and its only a 28
inch weel il be...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By madmattunipro
Something new from Syko Productions?

They have a different overall feel for sure... Some videos give the feel
like they are a bunch of stunts to impress you... some just make you
really love skiing(or whatever sport it is). So although...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By madmattunipro
Something new from Syko Productions?

Yeah Seven Sunny Days is Wicked... Especially the whole squirrel suit
thing.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By madmattunipro
Something new from Syko Productions?

Well of course it's only my opinion, don't get me wrong, claim is
awesome, with some great footage, but the overall feel was a bit
lacking... Ummm... one good one is Such Is Life... I can't remember...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 203