Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: naturequack
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By naturequack
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

The "T" frame seems like a reasonable approach to finding the extended
handlebar solution. My concern with it would be that same as I have
with the T7. Is the "T" strong enough?
When you've got...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By naturequack
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Ken,
Your novel use of the T7 looks like a great way to figure out what
spacing, angles and general configuration of extended handlebars would
work well. Given the T7's history of breaking it also...
Forum: Unicycling January 4th 09, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By naturequack
Best Photos of 2008

MrBoogiejuice;1163131 wrote:
Not wanting to start another topless debate but these pictures are from
one of the best unicycling experiences I had last year.

[image:
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By naturequack
Mapping Distance Rides

I look up at the mountain, point and say "Wow! I was all the way up
there.":p

Geoff

--
naturequack

monocycle monstrosity:eek:
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By naturequack
need hill climbing advice

Buck;1159812 wrote:
I want to get an odometer for my 36 inch wheel, any suggestions? I have
a cat eye wireless for my fixed gear and wanted to use that but the
calibration rations only go up...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By naturequack
Riding on Ice!

Ducttape;1159434 wrote:
cool, so he's on the forums?

Not yet. That's why I posted for him. Maybe if he realizes what a
celebrity he has become because of his ingenious wheel cable, he'll...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By naturequack
Riding on Ice!

Ducttape;1157629 wrote:
who in portland do you know?

I know lots of people in Portland. Dozens and dozens. If I were to
really scrape the bottom of the barrel, probably one or two...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By naturequack
Riding on Ice!

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread to post a pic of what my friend
in Portland, Oregon is doing to ride in the snow. Pretty simple
solution. It might not work well in ice. Side slippage...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By naturequack
post your homemade handlebars here!

corbin;1156344 wrote:
Geoff! Those pictures are *very* helpful. I'm working on some new
handlebar designs, and I may use some of those ideas. I'll try to post
info to here later.
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By naturequack
New KH touring handle

munirocks;1154242 wrote:
V-Frames would be cool too, of coarse. But what about all the happy N36,
KH36 or Coker owners that don't want an ultra low tuck for whatever
reasons, shouldn't they be...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By naturequack
Who's been riding (continually) the longest?

I got my first used Schwinn 24" for Xmas '76. Actually, the uni arrived
late. According to the card, Santa was too heavy, the seat post broke
and its arrival was delayed until early January '77. I...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By naturequack
post your homemade handlebars here!

GizmoDuck;1153131 wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your V-frame is by far the
best solution for a road unicycle. .... Lowering your position improves
power and weight...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By naturequack
post your homemade handlebars here!

corbin;1151892 wrote:
That's sweet! do you you have more pictures? I may want to replicate
that style. What is it made of? Where did you get the pieces from?

corbin

Corbin, here are some...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By naturequack
post your homemade handlebars here!

I tried out unisk8r's handlebars above. I agree that having something
to grab on to closer to the seat would be nice. Especially for hill
climbing. The draw back with these bars is that they are a...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By naturequack
Schlumpf hub setup discussion thread

steveyo;1151128 wrote:
I mean when I'm holding the frame and wheel *still * the wheel has a bit
of jiggle, side-to-side.

My Schlumpf does the same thing. It has nothing to do with frame...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By naturequack
post your homemade handlebars here!

unisk8r;1147858 wrote:
Oh how I miss Florian Green! Maybe he and The Red Menace can roll on
down the road together some day!

Hey Pete, you've got permanent visitation rights for the Florian...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By naturequack
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

camrocl;1148137 wrote:
How can you tell you speed. Do you work it out mathmaticaly or do you
use a cycle computer.

Ive searched for a few cycle computers but they only go up to wheel
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By naturequack
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

I top out at about 26 km/h and can cruise along comfortably at 20 km/h.
But I'm pushing on long cranks (165 mm). They're great for hills but
definitely limit my top speed on the flats.
I would...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By naturequack
post your homemade handlebars here!

Here's a pic of my set up (The Florian Green). Wish I could take credit
for it, but the high praise goes to Pete Perron. Of course, these
handlebars require that you get Pete to make you one of his...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By naturequack
Gear ratios, cranks lengths and geared unicycles.

It's already been discussed in great detail in this (
http://tinyurl.com/5p6jbd ) thread, aka New Concept: Total Gear Ratio,
started by Klaas Bil.
Enjoy crunching the numbers and figuring the...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By naturequack
The $3 Handle Experiment

Sharp eyes, Jerrick!

Spudman, your handles are reminiscent of Eric's (Saskatchewanian).
looks like they'll do the trick and probably won't flex as much as T7s
would. The price is definitely right....
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By naturequack
Whats the brake pad to rim gap?

Redlinewaterboy, there is also the possibility that if your hub is a
Schlumpf it might have some play in it. With my Schlumpf, if I give my
rim even a light lateral push with my fingers the rim will...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By naturequack
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

I have never been too drunk to unicycle, and I must admit that years ago
I gave it a good try. Could I unicycle well while drunk? Nope! Could
I unicycle in a cookedy line? You betcha! Brycer is...
Forum: Unicycling October 29th 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By naturequack
Critical Mass in your city?

We've got a cute little critical mass in our cute little town. I ride
my 36" Florian Green in it on the rare occasion. The riders, all 10 to
20 of them (that may be a mass, but I'm not so sure it's...
Forum: Unicycling August 22nd 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By naturequack
New concept: Total Gear Ratio

Klaas Bil wrote:
Mikefule did some good research on this a few years ago and came up
with the Constant Food Speed Hypothesis (CFSH). Maybe somewhat jokingly
but he was onto something:...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34