Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gonzo
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By gonzo
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

I am finally planning on coming - but would arrive by train from
Aberdeen.. hence my question: how to get to BMW from Darlington train
station? any possible pick-up? (sometime on Friday late...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By gonzo
Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Hamish,

I did try Bennachie - there are some good trails indeed, I need to go
back as it was too windy last time I went to really enjoy it... Usually
people smile at you when they see you on a...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By gonzo
Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Hamish,

That was an excellent idea from whomever offered you the muni!
There are lots of good places you can try right now. The ones you
mentioned are the ones I typically go to, here are a few...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By gonzo
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Excellent, let's keep in touch for Lochnaggar on 15 February - will send
you a pm with my number etc.

Back on topic, I might also make it to the BMW. Need to check
logistical details but it should...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By gonzo
BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Jogi,
Nice to see that you still have this (insane!) plan of municycling in
the highlands in the middle of the winter! If you are going near
Lochnaggar, let me know and I might join you though......
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By gonzo
Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

Corbin,

Sorry I did not reply earlier (still catching up after the Christmas
break...), but I really appreciate your detailed answer to my questions.

After reading your comments, my perception of...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By gonzo
Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

Corbin,

Thanks for posting this great video. It is not often that we see geared
unicycles on videos, especially 24", so thanks a lot for sharing your
experience!

My question: which unicycle do you...
Forum: Unicycling March 18th 08, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By gonzo
Cross Country Ride on KH29.

Unicorn,

I am trying to improve in keeping a good flow, but I still find myself
changing speed too often when the trail is bumpy. Any tip to improve on
this?
I suppose you have to force yourself...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By gonzo
Cross Country Ride on KH29.

Like DarkTom, I also have a 24 and a 29 - I have had the 24 for a year
and a half and the 29 for only a month...
Since I bought the 29, I have forced myself to use it all the time
instead of the 24...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By gonzo
hello to all, any one from scotland?

Hey hamtfs,
I live in Aberdeen - pretty close to Kintore!
What sort of uni do you do? I muni every week in the area (Kirkhill,
Pitfichie when it re-opens) and would love to find another unicyclist
to...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 07, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By gonzo
Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Jogi,

No problem to muni with me around Aberdeen, that would be great - just
let me know when you are around. Or we can plan a specific date if it
helps - I am in Aberdeen pretty much all year...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By gonzo
Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Jogi,

What sort of muniing experience are you looking for? specifically
downhill?
in terms of duration, how many hours of riding?
I know a place near Aberdeen where you can have good fun for a...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By gonzo
Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Thanks for the replies...
I agree with Joe - going down the munros in february would be pretty
challenging!
I have only been muniing for a year - and only regularly for the past 6
months, so I am...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 07, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By gonzo
Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Hi there,

I find it lonely (and dangerous at times) when I Muni on my own. I
sometimes go with mountain-bikers, but they have to keep waiting for
me...

Anyway, please let me know if you are in the...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14