Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: j-n
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By j-n
Rail trail riding breakthrough, discovered weaving.

Chrashing wrote:

It's been so much fun, that even with the extra effort needed to sway,
I've well surpassed my single outing distance record, going 23 miles
today. The added movement seems...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By j-n
British Unicycle Convention - Back on!

Yay, that's great! After being at BUC14 and now remembering those great
workshops :) , muni rides :D and all that fun & atmosphere (and then
regretting not trying to play unihockey)... I'm really...
Forum: Unicycling July 25th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By j-n
I Freemounted!

well done! :) and good luck in your now fence-and post-free unicycling
:D

--
j-n
j-n's Profile:...

Well, I haven't been posting for a long time, but since this subject
has risen up...
I've heard those voices too, but as well I have heard voices about
abandoning
the T7 thingy totally... Why? I've...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By j-n
Coker on eBay

Into the blue wrote:
And yesterday was payday too!

Well, Blue, you have a chance to own -your personal rollercoaster- --
citing Steveyo :)

--
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 07, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18

Ah, and one more thing:

I'm wondering about the influence of wider vs narrow hub on the knee
pain
and knee overload...

Has anybody had any thoughts about that?

--
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 07, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18

onebyone wrote:

Now all 36"ers have wider hubs, the UDC 36" Machine, Nimbus and Dave
Stockton wheels, were are you Dave?
NOW, I still feel that I could ride uphills and long rides better...
Forum: Unicycling September 20th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By j-n
Quax36 - A 21 mile ride report

norry wrote:
I have now owned my Quax36 for a month now

Congrats! (I must've missed previous thread) And welcome to the club!
I own the new qu-ax 36" as well :D

Forum: Unicycling September 16th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By j-n
In praise of coker turning

I *love* doing turns on coker! :D
I mean not only following the curvature of bike path but rather
doing right-angled turns and I love U-turns evem more so.
It feels extraordinarily... almost like...
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By j-n
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I was riding my 36-er today and among the plenty of comments
(mostly more or less stupid) one situation was interesting and quite
outstanding:
I was resting on the bench in the park when a couple in...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By j-n
"Coker-Cam" ready to roll!

MuniAddict wrote:

But when I tried uploading a similar sized video on google, it kept
giving me the "connection has been reset" error message, so I don't
know if I can save the original...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By j-n
30 miles and I can still walk!

Wow, congratulations Cathy! Great achievement :-)
I wish I had such nice bike paths here in Poland, unfortunately I have
to struggle
through a bunch of junctions and (mostly) red lights before I get...
Forum: Unicycling August 11th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By j-n
Two incidents, with a new comment!

That was good :)

Mikefule wrote:
From yesterday's epic ride (22.5 miles, 2 hours 14 minutes, 10.1 mph
average, with no dismounts.):cool:

Mike, what cranks did you have? 10.1mph seems...
Forum: Unicycling August 11th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By j-n
Happy Birthday Amanda

Happy birthday, Amanda!
Well, have a *lot* of happy days :)

--
j-n
j-n's Profile:...

Hazmat wrote:
Well actually, you will. Because me and Madison have smashed the 30km/h
barrier. :D :D

Well, actually I don't like the idea of using the verb -to smash- in
the same context as...
Forum: Unicycling July 28th 07, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By j-n
slow motion vid needed to correct tricks

JohnnyReggae wrote:
If you use Firefox you can get the VideoDownloader plugin which will
allow you to download YouTube videos. You will need to save the file
with a .flv extention. VLC can...
Forum: Unicycling June 29th 07, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By j-n
New Qu-ax 36"

I've got one and Dustin Schaap has it also (he had probably the first
one :) )

innes wrote:

I read that it didn't have a braking surface, so brakes are going to be
out of the
Forum: Unicycling June 26th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By j-n
Chester Bikethon

Nice, Cathy! I seems you had a great and satisfying ride, and wide
smiles on your faces just say it all :D Congratulations! :)

-Jedrzej

--...
Forum: Unicycling June 12th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By j-n
Interrail in Europe!!

Don't know what plans exactly you have, but if you happen to be
travelling across Warsaw/Poland as well just send me an email a few
days before. I can show you some nice places in Warsaw and there...
Forum: Unicycling June 6th 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 83
Posted By j-n
My excellent talk with John D. (UDC)

pdc wrote:
Has anyone verified that the KH cranks will fit the QuAx hub?

Yes, I did. I bought KH double holed cranks in April and put them on my
Qu-ax
cross 24" with red isis hub (the same as...
Forum: Unicycling May 27th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By j-n
A new toy

semach.the.monkey wrote:

That looks like a mighty fine beast you have there!

Thanks, and it begs to be ridden! :D I've just returned from 20km
evening ride
and I want more :cool:
Forum: Unicycling May 27th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By j-n
A new toy

Ok, so two days ago I received much anticipated *big* package
with the new qu-ax 36er :D
The second picture is a close-up of the side of the rim for those
who are curious.
It rides really nice and...
Forum: Unicycling May 20th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By j-n
(NEW) Uni Geezer: "Target Practice"

Terry, I just wondered how serious you were when you said, the video
before that one had been the last one. I think I was even concerned.

That hispanic lady made me laugh out loud :) Both with her...
Forum: Unicycling May 19th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By j-n
The Wrong Uni, a MUni adventure

Cathy, good to hear you had a nice ride :)
Great that you have such a nice forest in a vicinity.
My trails are further away, but still, can't complain.

-Jedrzej

--...
Forum: Unicycling May 19th 07, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By j-n
Independance Pass, Colorado.

Beautiful pics as always, Mike :) What crank length did you have?

--
j-n
j-n's Profile:...