Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A R:nen[_3_]
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 09, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Campy cog width

Carl Sundquist writes:

Are the 9 sp cogs and the 10 sp cogs the sme width, just narrower
spacers for the 10 sp cogset or are the sp cogs narrower as well?

According to...
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 08, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 154
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Throwing Cycling Shoes (was: when actions speak louder than words)

Tom Sherman writes:

To get back on topic, what cycling shoe would make the best
projectile? I think SiDi Dominators with their hard lugged soles and
toe...
Forum: Techniques December 21st 08, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Bright lights

writes:

It's like "NO PARKING" signs where the largest text is in the white
field below the words "no parking" is "ANY TIME". Makes me wonder
what people don't...
Forum: Techniques December 6th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Seat post warning

"Paul M. Hobson" writes:

I wonder what Ryan Cousineau would have to say about the convenience
of shouldering a downtube-less bike during a CX race.

Shouldering per se is of...
Forum: Techniques December 1st 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
What is the advantage of yellow valve caps and threaded Schraeder valves?

SMS writes:

The nut is kind of nice when you're inflating a tire with a new tube
since the valve doesn't get pushed through the hole, but why the
yellow valve...
Forum: Racing November 25th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Cross racing with aero wheels

writes:

If I recall correctly, aero rims like Corima 4-spokes have been cross
favourites for at least 10 years.

They are no longer UCI legal for cross, but whatever.
Forum: Racing November 25th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Cross racing with aero wheels

"Bruce Gilbert" writes:

Because carbon rims make you go 37.5% faster on any surface. For cross and
MTB applications, wind tunnel tests have proven this conclusively.

You...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 69
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Cyclingnews follies.

A Muzi writes:

Taking fifty grams from an 85kg bike+rider system, what did you get?

Don't let that bottle cage mislead you (even though just looking at it
makes my right...
Forum: Techniques October 26th 08, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Best winter boots for cold climate

"KnowWhen2HoldemKnowWhen2Foldem" writes:

I am looking into well insulated, over-the-shoe boots for winter. Would
appreciate everyone's...
Forum: Techniques September 27th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By A R:nen[_3_]
Cable end stuck in Campy ergo shifter

writes:

I was changing my rear derailler cable this morning and discovered
that the cable end/head was stuck in the ergo shifter. Anybody had
this problem before? How do...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10