Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: munimutant
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By munimutant
need hill climbing advice

saskatchewanian;1170475 wrote:
Sure velcro could keep your feet on the pedals but how would you get
them off in a hurry? what if you put your foot on the pedal at a weird
angle? Seems to me...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By munimutant
need hill climbing advice

There's an idea here somewhere, for something in-between. Maybe using
velcro in some innovative way, or a different kind of clip-in mechanism
that works for uni. Hell maybe even a wireless device...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By munimutant
Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

That was great. Very creative. UPD! Love that.

--
munimutant
munimutant's Profile:...

GizmoDuck;1169158 wrote:

Munimutant: The leverage is maximised by having the bar extended out
far enough that your elbows are only slightly bent and your arms
extended outfront. With the...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munimutant
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

What about leverage? Besides comfort and aero benefits, how does an
extended uni position work within the model of "opposing forces" that
bicyclists get from pulling on the bars? Without having done...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munimutant
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

This thread rocks. Great to see so much innovation in progress. Looking
at all the photos, one can see yet another benefit to a more extended
riding position --- we won't look like we're grabbing our...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By munimutant
Unicycle Speech

The rewards and deep personal satisfaction of learning a skill that to
most people looks impossible, and how you've applied this experience to
other challenges in your life.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By munimutant
Inflatable Clown Costume

Kid, you just gave me and my whole family a great laugh! That is just
hysterical. Makes me want to buy one and wear on my next muni ride! Way
to go. You're a true individual!

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munimutant
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

falling, if we had roadie bars like one of the comps shown, wouldn't
their width help protect the rider in a sideways fall? Once when I
skidded out on my road bike around a wet corner I was able...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By munimutant
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

the mental block, GET MAD! Tell yourself you WANT to do this. You
are GOING to do this. Look at a spot in the road 20 feet ahead and RIDE
to it with determination. It sounds like you are on the...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By munimutant
need hill climbing advice

bungeejoe;1165163 wrote:
Also great for holding back on the down hills once you get use to
pulling up on the down stroke.

Sounds cool. Soon as I feel more confident on the uni I'll have to...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By munimutant
need hill climbing advice

bungeejoe;1165153 wrote:
Yes, single sided spd. Lets you pull up a little on the upstroke.

Nice! .....also push forward over the top, and "scrape the dog poop" (a
Greg LeMond metaphor) through...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By munimutant
need hill climbing advice

I am NOT an expert but FWIW below is a link to a video of me doing at
rolling mount of my new Coker. You can pause the frames and see the
process pretty clear. Is it good technique? I have no clue....
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By munimutant
First ride of 2009

Mike, you should update your avatar -- you look a lot different now! :p

--
munimutant
munimutant's Profile:...

bungeejoe;1158609 wrote:
Use of handlebars on the left and seat pull on the right ...

Wow, rider in front looks clipped in.

--
munimutant
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've only been at it about a year, but I love hillclimbs and have come
to notice something that makes a huge difference. There is a "sweet
spot" of balance, one that seems much more precise than when...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By munimutant
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

How about adding some pushups to your exercise routine? The poster who
recommended landing in a pushup position reminded me how many times I
actually HAVE fallen in this configuration. Being able to...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By munimutant
Simplicity: a 16mm film experimental unicycle film

So you only used telecine for a rough cut, but did the final editing old
school? Very impressive! I assume the overcranked slow-mos were done
in-camera too. What you've done is becoming a lost art...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By munimutant
Simplicity: a 16mm film experimental unicycle film

Very well done. Did you edit in film mode (analog, like moviola) or
digitize and edit as video?

--
munimutant
munimutant's...

Appreciate the advice guys.

--
munimutant
munimutant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16222
Replies: 5
Posted By munimutant
Looking for tips on an easy trick please

I'm a far cry from trials or any tricks beyond hopping right now, but
something in me keeps shouting to try this move: Ride forwards, stop
quickly and use the compression to do a powerful hop, spin...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By munimutant
Pre-Unicon XV Los Angeles stop over Weekend?

It would be great to have you guys in our area here. I'm about 90 min.
north of LA Airport, there are great trails here (Pt. Mugu State Park)
but I know there are also some nice trails much closer to...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By munimutant
Pictures of your latest ride

wobbling bear;1136288 wrote:
latest ride .... (sorry comments in french

Very nice! I see at least one of you found the trees irresistable as a
slalom course.

--
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15

BTW, good for you starting to ride at 48. I started at 47, such a great
way to stay young.

--
munimutant
munimutant's...
Replies: 15
Posted By munimutant
Advice please on the best way to start learning to freemount.

For me, it clicked when I realized you really need to FEATHER your
weight over the back pedal as you step up and put your weight on the
seat. You want to try and keep the pedals as horizontal as...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61