Showing results 1 to 25 of 212
Search took 1.76 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daytripper63
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Daytripper63
Happy Holidays

Happy Festivus

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before "Working"
Daytripper63's...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Daytripper63
Achilles surgery and no riding/walking for 2 months what do you do?

Well its been 4 months since the surgery and I am now doing rehab, and
have ridin my 29er around the neighborhood a few times but have been
mostly riding my mountainbike trying to get back into a...
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Daytripper63
24" vs. 29"

Depending on what type of trails you will be riding will decide if you
want a 24 or a 29
If you are doing downhill muni and more aggressive trails get a 24 if
you like mild downhill and rolling...
Forum: Unicycling August 23rd 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Daytripper63
Achilles surgery and no riding/walking for 2 months what do you do?

I have not been riding much in the last year due to some achilles and
heel pain so now I just had achilles tendon surgery due to a heel
deformity and a bone spur growing off the top of my heel up...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 43
Posted By Daytripper63
Biker wipes out while muni cruises on, and other highlights

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before "Working"
Daytripper63's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling July 30th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Daytripper63
Salt water damaging to unicycles?

I rode on the beach in Hawaii and got hit by a wave and the salt water
caused corrosion around the spoke nipples. I had to completely
dissassemble the uni and scrub with soap and fresh water.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 27th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Daytripper63
29" or 36" with Schlumpf Hub?

Ihave a 36 guni and Ilike it but.I am starting to think if you are young
and fearless get the geared 36 since it can be scary fast on one wheel
and at age 45 Idont walk away from falls as easy as I...
Forum: Unicycling July 24th 08, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Daytripper63
KH 2008 Uni Product Launch

siafirede wrote:
So was the solution for you sliding the seat forward or was it sliding
it backward? I think with my geared 29 I keep the seat in the middle
and haven't really experimented...
Forum: Unicycling July 20th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Daytripper63
Who's Had a 29" Tube Blowout When in a Coker Wheel?

Are you guys using the regular cheap 29er tubes or the thicker thorn
resistant muni 29er tubes?

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling June 29th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Daytripper63
Are you 45+

unisporty wrote:
Hey,

After a friend from the Maritimes in Canada told me about 'Riding the
Lobster' race, I did a google of 'unicycle' and was amazed at all the
information, camraderie,...
Forum: Unicycling June 20th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Daytripper63
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

I think they should leave the GPS's on so we can track them to the local
Pub

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling June 20th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Daytripper63
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

Go Texicali your only an inch behind them... on the gps map ;)

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling June 15th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Daytripper63
Ride the Lobster- First Blood

Did it even happen on a Uni?

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Daytripper63
First report from RTL

I wish Google Earth was real time so everyone could watch RTL
Good luck to everyone

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling May 18th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Daytripper63
New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

I wonder if they are going to make that rim in black

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling May 11th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Daytripper63
Need help designing RTL team jersey!!

If your team is an all California team maybe put a little Cali look into
the jersey, like maybe some palm trees with the sun and maybe a ocean /
Huntington beach boardwalk type look.
Or
A Calif look...
Forum: Unicycling April 25th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Daytripper63
Zombies on off road unicycles - R rated!!!!

You have a sick demented mind, and I like it.
Good one

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling April 22nd 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Daytripper63
5 guni's on yesterday's ride

corbin wrote:
Your right; I think I'm going to invest in some knee pads, just in case.

I've found I can actually cruise at 20-21mph if there is a slight
downhill.

corbin
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Daytripper63
5 guni's on yesterday's ride

corbin wrote:
Man...the guni's are fast! I hit a record speed for myself (more by
accident than anything else); 24.9 MPH.

Tom W took some pictures and posted them online:
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Daytripper63
Crotch nubmage (coker)

Yes it happens but seat angle/position can help as well

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Daytripper63
Identifcation on the trail...

You could make double sided business cards with the Piano bus. on one
side and Uni geezer on the other

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling April 18th 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Daytripper63
Qu-ax

looking at Municycle.com and the Qu-Ax 29er the price looks right, I
wonder why UDC doesn't stock the Quax 29er...

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is the only place where "Success" comes before...
Forum: Unicycling April 16th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Daytripper63
Is uphill muni really this difficult or am I just

I too am by no means a good hill climber but last spring I did a muni
ride with a beginner and recommended he let some air out of his tire to
smooth things out since he was running 35psi. Well, it...
Forum: Unicycling April 9th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Daytripper63
Going to Disney World, a great place to uni! ?

Chrashing wrote:
I continue to plan to take the 29" with me to Disney, but no longer
think it will be the great place to ride I had thought it would be.
I'll googleEarth along the directions...
Forum: Unicycling April 8th 08, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Daytripper63
Tendon pain from distance unicycling with the guni

If you position your feet on the pedals with the pedal being more
towards the ball or toes of your foot that could cause more stress
where you say the pain is.

--
Daytripper63

The Dictionary is...