Showing results 1 to 25 of 128
Search took 1.99 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Artemisia[_2_]
Forum: UK April 13th 11, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Altura Jacket - How to Launder?

On Apr 13, 2:43*pm, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 04:49:07 -0700 (PDT)

AIUI standard advice is to use soap flakes rather than washing powder,
and no softener,...
Forum: UK April 13th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Altura Jacket - How to Launder?

I have one of those dayglo yellow Altura cycling jackets with
reflector bands, that I bought in the UK last year.
I wore it all last summer and it is getting pretty high.
The label says the guarantee...
Forum: General April 2nd 10, 01:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Cycles and Parkinsons

On 2 avr, 13:15, ash wrote:

In any case. the speed which a recumbent trike can move on the road is
well in excess of a regular cyclist, especially if it is faired...
Forum: General April 2nd 10, 08:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Cycles and Parkinsons

Saw this in the NYT today. Sorry if it has already been posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/health/01parkinsons.html?src=me&ref=homepage

I don't have Parkinsons as far as I know, but am...
Forum: General July 24th 09, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Kenyans invent bike phone charger

Article on BBC Web Site today. Apologies if already posted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8166196.stm

This is really cool. I hope they will adapt a model to recharge not
just the phone but the...
Forum: UK July 8th 09, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
NYT Today: Is Bicycling Bad for Your Bones?

On 5 juil, 04:27, (Tom Keats) wrote:

Anyway, I think cycling isn't nearly as bad for ossal health
as starvation diets are. *I also wouldn't be surprised if
there was...
Forum: UK July 3rd 09, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
NYT Today: Is Bicycling Bad for Your Bones?

I found this article in the New York Times about a study revealing a
loss of bone mass in elite cyclists, and possible reasons. Nothing to
be alarmed about but definitely to be aware of, and mind...
Forum: UK June 11th 09, 08:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Is This Our James? (Article in Independent)

Saw this in today's INDEPENDENT online:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/cycle-market-moving-into-the-fast-lane-1702191.html

Is that you James? Graduated to cycling...
Forum: General October 10th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

How can this be happening? Widdershins, my beautiful recumbent trike,
has suffered three punctures on three consecutive riding days.

They are all on the same, right-front wheel, on the outer side of...
Forum: UK October 10th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

How can this be happening? Widdershins, my beautiful recumbent trike,
has suffered three punctures on three consecutive riding days.

They are all on the same, right-front wheel, on the outer side of...
Forum: General September 5th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Anyone Recommend a Good Online Source for Dynamos in US?

Hi All,

My Dad (in California) wants a bicycle dynamo. It's not actually for a
bike, but for a generator that he's inventing. He asked me if I could
buy him one on my next trip to the UK but it...
Forum: UK August 8th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Thunderstorm

On 7 août, 23:15, (Alan Braggins) wrote:
"They" say there's no such thing as bad cycling weather, just inadequate
clothing.

I refuse to cycle in heavy rain because it...
Forum: UK July 4th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Creaky, Grindy Chain

Recently the chain on the Sram Dualdrive shifter of my recumbent
trike, Widdershins, seems to have gone very noisy. The changing from
gear to gear is clunky and slow, and I have the impression that...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 4th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Creaky, Grindy Chain

Recently the chain on the Sram Dualdrive shifter of my recumbent
trike, Widdershins, seems to have gone very noisy. The changing from
gear to gear is clunky and slow, and I have the impression that...
Forum: General July 4th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Creaky, Grindy Chain

Recently the chain on the Sram Dualdrive shifter of my recumbent
trike, Widdershins, seems to have gone very noisy. The changing from
gear to gear is clunky and slow, and I have the impression that...
Forum: General June 25th 08, 08:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Velib in Paris: Balance Sheet for First Year

Here's an article, in French, in today's Le Figaro about the first
anniversary of the introduction of the Vélib free public bicycle
scheme and its successes and costs.

The upshot is, Velib brings in...
Forum: UK June 25th 08, 08:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Velib in Paris: Balance Sheet for First Year

Here's an article, in French, in today's Le Figaro about the first
anniversary of the introduction of the Vélib free public bicycle
scheme and its successes and costs.

The upshot is, Velib brings in...
Forum: UK June 6th 08, 08:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
British Bike Tribes in THE INDEPENDENT

Article in today's INDEPENDENT about bike "tribes" in the UK - dark
siders, Bromptonautes,...
Forum: UK May 30th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
Cycling by train in France (bicycle forwarding).

On 27 mai, 12:14, Peter Owen
wrote:

Does anyone know if SNCF / Sernam still have a service for transporting
bikes to and from smaller regional stations in...
Forum: UK May 8th 08, 08:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
SPD Agony!

On 7 mai, 23:42, "Roger Zoul" wrote:

It's too bad that Artemisia had to discover this on her 1st trike tour. I
feel badly about that.

Why? You had nothing to do with...
Forum: General May 8th 08, 08:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 55
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
SPD Agony!

On 7 mai, 23:42, "Roger Zoul" wrote:

It's too bad that Artemisia had to discover this on her 1st trike tour. I
feel badly about that.

Why? You had nothing to do with...
Forum: UK May 7th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
SPD Agony!

On 6 mai, 19:38, (Alan Braggins) wrote:

Most SPD shoes have two pairs of holes in a plate which can be moved
forward and back at least a little bit.

I went back to...
Forum: General May 7th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 55
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
SPD Agony!

On 6 mai, 19:38, (Alan Braggins) wrote:

Most SPD shoes have two pairs of holes in a plate which can be moved
forward and back at least a little bit.

I went back to...
Forum: General May 6th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 55
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
SPD Agony!

On 6 mai, 18:50, "Jim" wrote:
"Artemisia" wrote in message

Two days into my...
Forum: UK May 6th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Artemisia[_2_]
SPD Agony!

On 6 mai, 18:50, "Jim" wrote: