Showing results 1 to 25 of 401
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Norman
Forum: Techniques February 11th 11, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Norman
More Tech! Updated data on tires

On Feb 10, 5:20*pm, James wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
James wrote:
Chalo wrote:
Carl Fogel wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
And ten percent of what? Total...
Forum: Techniques December 20th 10, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Norman
Drum flex on 2.25" Kreitler rollers?

On Dec 19, 4:55*pm, wrote:
Has anybody ever heard of the drums flexing on 2.25" Kreitler
rollers? *Perhaps with heavier riders? *I was considering the 2.25"
inch diameter...
Forum: Techniques December 20th 10, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,698
Posted By Norman
OT - Medical Costs

On Dec 19, 12:11*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,

*"Ala" wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)"...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Norman
Fix for rims with large nipple holes

On Dec 16, 12:43*pm, thirty-six wrote:
You havn't thought this through, I did and I
do have working experience of the stuff.

Ah, I'm glad we have a true caulk...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Norman
Roof rack recommendations

On Dec 15, 8:30*am, Duane Hébert wrote:
I'm buying a roof rack that will at the moment carry my skis but I plan
to get attachments for a couple of bikes as well. *The...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Norman
Fix for rims with large nipple holes

On Dec 16, 12:09*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Dec 16, 5:00*pm, Norman wrote:

On Dec 16, 3:45*am, Peter Gordon...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Norman
Trainer specific tires, anyone use them? Pros & Cons

On Dec 14, 11:51*pm, TheCoz wrote:
I see several tire makers are now marketing a trainer "specific" tire.
Has anyone used this type of tire and is it any better than a...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Norman
Fix for rims with large nipple holes

On Dec 16, 3:45*am, Peter Gordon wrote:
N8N wrote :

On...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Norman
Question from a defacto newb: road vs cyclocross, what the formerhas going for it?

On Dec 3, 6:30*am, Anton Success wrote:
Aside from vbrakes is there any difference between cross and road
bikes?

I need to find a reason to get a roadbike after having...
Forum: Racing November 27th 10, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Norman
Welcoming New Posters

On Nov 25, 10:51*pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 24, 7:52*pm, BLafferty wrote:

So how will you children welcome the Newbies?

Dear Newbie...
Forum: Racing November 27th 10, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By Norman
Amerika... Amerika god **** his grace on thee......

On Nov 26, 2:53*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
Ctl-C
Ctl-V

http://www.prisoncensorship.info/archive/etext/movies/long/riddick.html
Forum: Techniques November 27th 10, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Norman
rim tape shifting on rim

On Nov 23, 5:17*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Nov 23, 3:09*pm, AMuzi wrote:

*Jobst Brandt wrote:
Forum: Techniques November 24th 10, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Norman
Mythical Almost Unobtainable Tire

On Nov 23, 12:36*am, Shot from Guns wrote:
On 23 Nov 2010 04:58:46 GMT, Jobst Brandt wrote:

James Steward wrote:

Forum: Racing November 22nd 10, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Norman
The Next Step--Target Letters

On Nov 21, 9:50*pm, Fred Fredburger
wrote:

Another Lafferty sock puppet?

Why sockpuppet when you have dadadodo (qv)
and the whole corpus of unhinged...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 10, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Norman
Speedplay Durability

On Nov 21, 10:09*pm, Phil H wrote:
The wire clip finally broke in the left cleat ....after 10+ years of
10k miles/year and I was still able to pedal home as the other half...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 10, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By Norman
teflon tape of grease?

On Nov 21, 6:33*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Funny that, other than the simple plate frame ends for track and
single speed machines, the frame ends I saw were hardened, bounce...
Forum: Racing November 22nd 10, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 32
Posted By Norman
Will Laff do this when Novitsky strikes out against LANCE?

On Nov 18, 1:25*pm, BLafferty wrote:

Lastly, consider this. *Teams of federal investigators and Assistant US
Attorneys do not get a trip to Europe unless there's clearly...
Forum: Racing November 22nd 10, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 71
Posted By Norman
Turning Over Every Rock

On Nov 21, 9:33*am, BLafferty wrote:
On 11/20/2010 8:33 PM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

On Nov 20, 5:11 pm, "Mike
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 10, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Norman
634% 18 speed 'hub' gear

On Nov 19, 6:59*pm, Cam wrote:
http://www.pinion.eu/en/index.html

those kooky Germans have done it again.

Put a 12 cylinder two-stroke diesel
on it and you'll really have...
Forum: Racing November 21st 10, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Norman
The Next Step--Target Letters

On Nov 21, 11:31*am, BLafferty wrote:
I expect that right after the US Thanksgiving Day holiday this week, the
US Attorney in Los Angeles will be sending out what are called...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 10, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Norman
Sram Red Chaingring longevity?

On Nov 21, 4:08*am, Ronko wrote:
My experience is that Campagnolo chainrings last a long time, at
least the square taper Chorus and Record cranks I have used.
Shimano...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 10, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Norman
Sleeping bag for Missouri Autumn weather? Wiggy Desert bag soldby Rivendell?

On Oct 22, 10:43*pm, kolldata wrote:
you know when observed from the air wih Google Ert, the place looks
like a vast golf course.
do yawl have ticks ?

Only a...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 10, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Norman
How thin a chain on six speed?

On Oct 22, 5:05*pm, semi-ambivalent wrote:
I have an old bike with a campy SR front derailleur. Back in the day
it replaced the previous NR derailleur and has the outward...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 10, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 311
Posted By Norman
Cycling surges in the land of the automobile

On Oct 21, 6:41*am, Peter Cole wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11415660

The pulsing membership of cycling enthusiasts thrusts
deep into the dark crevasse...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Norman
Butted tubing for rollcages

On Oct 22, 7:04*am, J. D. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:05:24 -0700 (PDT), kolldata

wrote:
can NASCAR frames be fabricated with butted...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 401