Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sir Thomas of Cannondale
Forum: Rides February 12th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Sheldon Brown RIP

What a loss... he can't be replaced. His web advice, and when I spoke to
him , personal advice,
are like .. I can't put it into words.

I think I read every page of his web site.

This is a sad...
Forum: Rides November 21st 07, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Anyone ever travel on a Freighter?

Liberia has been in a state of flux witnessing two civil wars, the First
Liberian Civil War (1989-1996), and the Second Liberian Civil War
(1999-2003), displacing hundreds of thousands of people...
Forum: Rides November 19th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Another "Cruise" question .. this time Cruise Ship

I posted the other day looking for info, experience with anyone who has used
a freighter as
a way to cross the Atlantic. Figured I'd take my bicycle and tour once in
Europe.

Got a couple of...
Forum: General November 18th 07, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Bus and deer ruin reflective commuter vest

There wasn't a mark on my bike's fork legs or the car or rack, so not
really
sure what killed the poor thing, but he was dead as a doornail.
==

Not what but "who" ...
Forum: General November 16th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Bus and deer ruin reflective commuter vest

Ryan ,, thanks for that..

==============================
"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article
Forum: Rides November 14th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Anyone ever travel on a Freighter?

David,,, wow,, that woman is serious!

I went to her web site. She only put a very small amount on the site about
her freighter trip etc.
She is writing a book, it seems.

She must have hit the...
Forum: Rides November 14th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Anyone ever travel on a Freighter?

I am thinking, dreaming, planning .. for next spring. I have always wanted
to cycle tour in Europe. Ireland, specifically.

Then I got to thinking ;;; why not take a ship to Europe. I had heard...
Forum: Rides November 7th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 25
Found - Digital Camera

I took a look at the picture and I think this camera found thing is
bull****.

Ya got one freak with tatoos and 5 fat guys. They don't look to me like a
touring group. More like a bunch of
rugby...
Forum: General November 6th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 376
Fat people? Less gas!

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )...
Forum: Rides November 6th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 25
Found - Digital Camera

Isn't that funny ... I found a digital camera while out bicycling myself.

The photo's are Britney Spears. And she is naked. And she has a bicycle.
And ....

I'm keeping the camera, pictures, and...
Forum: General November 3rd 07, 01:25 PM Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 376
Fat people? Less gas!

Mke,, if gasoline goes up and up .. making it very very expensive ... no
one will need to go anywhere, because there will be
no jobs.

Take for expample my meager job; I drive a school bus. ...
Forum: Rides November 1st 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
off topic, kind of: question or recommendation :: camcorder ??

Figured someone must bring one of these on tours ..

What brand, device, type, etc would be good for bringing on tour/travel..

So that I can watch the video on the computer,, post etc.

Or tv,, but...
Forum: General November 1st 07, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 32
Iowa county bans RAGBRAI

Did I say I have never done RAGBRAI? Did I write that I have never been in
a pace line?

Wake up..

=================
"max" wrote in message...
Forum: General November 1st 07, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 32
Iowa county bans RAGBRAI

I have toured over a good part of north America,
east/west/north/south/Canada/etc.

Along the way I have encountered many roads which were dangerous for
bicycles. Sewer grates, pot holes,
ditches,...
Forum: General October 31st 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 32
Iowa county bans RAGBRAI

Using your thinking ::: the county, state will outlaw the use of "their"
roads for bicycles.

Isn't that great /// a useless lawyer and some dope who can't ride his
bicycle have ruined
it for all...
Forum: Rides October 30th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Touring tire, wheel ,, question

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. Nice bike, in my opinion.

I wonder though; if I were to go on a very long tour, would the wheels that
came with my T800 [?] .. hold up.

With this in mind,,, ...
Forum: Rides October 30th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Route Goofing .. question about cross continent route ..

I think I was trying to say ::: does the route follow along the shoreline?

I just looked on google.. a route 17/11 seems to be the only road .. or at
least the main road.

It follows the shore...
Forum: Rides October 29th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Route Goofing .. question about cross continent route ..

I was goofing, looking at a map. A part of me wants to cycle across the
USA, east to west, next spring/summer.

I live about 65 miles northwest of Boston, MASS.

I have cycled to Montreal a couple...
Forum: General October 27th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 32
Iowa county bans RAGBRAI

..
Sad: Someone died in 2004 after getting stuck in a road snake,

Predictable: county lost lawsuit needs to come up with $5k, throws a
hissyfit.

funny: County supervisor believes that the...
Forum: General October 25th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Bags .. BAGS ... BaGs ... STorage ,, seat/handlebar/etc etc question

I love bags. Seat bags, handlebar bags, ..

Right now I have a seat bag that is ok,, but I know there must be something
better.

I did look at the Rivendell site .. they sell a seat bag.....
Forum: General October 21st 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Fork replacement question ..

My Trek, circa 1984, touring bicycle could use a new fork. The original was
ruined by an airline.

I had a cheap fork put on.

This past spring, I got new wheels for the Trek, no more 27".

Now I'd...
Forum: General October 18th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 70
Finally I Meet An Intelligent Mountain Biker

I carry a boat horn. Very, very loud.
What I like to do is sneak up on the poor victim. Get very close .. then
let em have it.

Scares the crap out of em.

======================
"Speeders & Drunk...
Forum: General October 13th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Let's go to war

Neil,,, France.. since you are such a good Secretary of State,, I am sending
you to France to scout out the populace.

Remember: we take over, and then it is time for L'Amour.

French women do have...
Forum: General October 13th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Let's go to war

If Bush, et all had followed my international strategy none of this madness
would have happened.

First and foremost: only invade countries occupied by women who you would
have sex...
Forum: General October 10th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Looking for a "Brooks" like saddle

"DanRH" wrote in message
This saddle was created by a guy who used the Brooks design but made it
anatomically....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 104