Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.96 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chexjc
Forum: Unicycling June 30th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Chexjc
New White Try All Tire [Some Pics]

forrestunifreak wrote:
Too bad your cool yellow handle is all dirty and doesn't match the frame
color anymore. :)

Haha yeah :o.

The only thing remaining that I'd like to upgrade is the seat....
Forum: Unicycling June 30th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Chexjc
New White Try All Tire [Some Pics]

Yep, I agree with the two above me. I absolutely love the frame and you
can't beat that for $10. I used to hit my legs -all- the time with the
Qu-ax frame.

--
Chexjc

aim:...
Forum: Unicycling June 14th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Chexjc
How to train UPDs?

They will never find me wrote:
...just remember that the tuck and roll method is not very effective if
you fall with a backpack on.

Actually, I use my camelbak to my advantage a lot of times....
Forum: Unicycling June 13th 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Chexjc
**36inch(91.4cm) SI static jump Comp**

MuniAddict wrote:
He said he thinks he can get 36" si, with a prehop. I know initially he
said static, but he said he wasn't 100% sure that it meant *no* prehop,
so I don't mind if he does it...
Forum: Unicycling June 13th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Chexjc
**36inch(91.4cm) SI static jump Comp**

You're digging yourself deeper into this hole my friend.

Do you know how much the difficulty changes between 25" and 30"?

I'd be willing to lay down a bet that you can't SI hop over 20"

--
Chexjc
Forum: Unicycling June 5th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

rob.northcott wrote:
Downhills are a completely different matter though - utterly scary...

I agree. I'll get a brake sometime in the future. I hate downhills.

--
Chexjc
Forum: Unicycling June 4th 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Chexjc
New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

Ducttape wrote:
why is it so clean and pretty! crash that thing a few times at high
speeds and dirty it up!

Heh, funny you say that...

I took a nice fall just yesterday when I hit a pothole...
Forum: Unicycling May 21st 08, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Chexjc
THE BIG BATTLE!!!!! SI vs. SIF

I think that theoretically SIF would be easier in any instance in which
you are jumping up. It is a much more natural action - pulling the seat
out in front of you and crouching down. As opposed to...
Forum: Unicycling May 18th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Chexjc
New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

rob.northcott wrote:
Just a normal 'Nimbus ISIS hub' (http://tinyurl.com/52bxs2).

Rob

Oh okay. UDC(US) has the Nimbus ISIS for a litte more than twice the
price of the Super-Wide Hub.
Forum: Unicycling May 18th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Chexjc
New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

rob.northcott wrote:
It's about the same price as the square-taper hubs... are you thinking
of a Schlumpf geared hub?

Nah, I'm not thinking of the Schlumpf, but we definitely aren't
thinking...
Forum: Unicycling May 18th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Chexjc
New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

rob.northcott wrote:
Grrr... UDCUK haven't had any spokes for ages. But if my wheel ever
turns up it'll be just like yours! (except I'm having a normal width
ISIS hub). Very jealous.

Forum: Unicycling May 17th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Chexjc
New Upgrades - Nimbus Stealth Pro Rim + 14g SS Spokes

I just placed the order on Tuesday and the wheelbuild arrived Friday!
Wow, A+ shipping, Unicycle.com :). I actually didn't know the rim was
white...I thought it was chrome, but white is even...
Forum: Unicycling May 13th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Chexjc
high GAS price = commute on Coker?

rob.northcott wrote:
$3.85 = £1.98 a (presumably US) gallon.
We're paying about £1.05 (if we're lucky) a litre.
1 US gallon = 3.78 litres.
So, £3.97 a US gallon.
Or *$7.73 a gallon*.

Forum: Unicycling May 5th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Chexjc
10th Annual LBI Unithon

steveyo wrote:
I think that would be a world record for an hour's riding. Good luck.

Haha yeah good luck! Last year another rider and I completed it in 2
hours flat - but that is including a...
Forum: Unicycling May 5th 08, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Chexjc
Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 08 Countdown !

If this event were a couple weeks earlier I'd be there for sure. I'm
heading home from school on the 16th...to where it's way to far to
drive.

--
Chexjc

aim:...
Forum: Unicycling May 3rd 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Chexjc
Welding Cranks Question's

EDIT: Nevermind.

--
Chexjc

aim: guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jasoncheckla

'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
Forum: Unicycling May 3rd 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Chexjc
trials course pics

Like Jerrick said, try searching for "Trials course" - lots of good
results come up.

'This is the best trials course I've ever seen.'
(http://tinyurl.com/4xsjtx)

--
Chexjc
Forum: Unicycling May 2nd 08, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

rolandisimo wrote:

Just a little tired
[image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2457714447_1ea05688ff.jpg]]

Haha, I like irony of this one. Looks like a fun ride :).
Forum: Unicycling May 1st 08, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Chexjc
Numen 2008?

Brian O. wrote:
Road trip to NAUCC. We can hit NUMEN on the way back!

Haha uhh - MAYBE, I still don't know about that.

--
Chexjc
Forum: Unicycling May 1st 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Road Trip to NUMEN? :)

--
Chexjc

aim: guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jasoncheckla

'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
Forum: Unicycling May 1st 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Chexjc
how to drop in on a halfpipe

When I drop in I usually aim to make contact with the quarter pipe or
half pipe about halfway down the ramp. Most of it is overcoming your
nerves though. Don't worry about it :).

This isn't a...
Forum: Unicycling April 30th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Chexjc
Official 661 sponsored riders thread

agentQ wrote:
Hmmm, good question. 'What group _-*would*-_ that be?'
(http://wavcentral.com/sounds/movies/dragnet/drgnet01.mp3)

Hahaha :).

Bring it!
Forum: Unicycling April 30th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Chexjc
Sponsorship

littleman wrote:
And if it makes you feel any better just remeber anyone thats sponsored
by 661 can't get sponsored by anyone else.

Mmmm..Not true.

*4. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR *
Company and...
Forum: Unicycling April 30th 08, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Chexjc
My Quax Cranks Wobble (and i cant tighten em any more)

Don't give up on your Qu-ax just because you have the wrong cranks :D.
KH's are overrated. Haha, jp - but I love my Qu-ax.

--
Chexjc

aim:...
Forum: Unicycling April 30th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Chexjc
My Quax Cranks Wobble (and i cant tighten em any more)

Brian O. wrote:
The non-ISIS qu-ax cranks have pinch bolts near the axle, the ISIS ones
do not.

'Doh! It would've been a dead giveaway had I remembered that :).

--
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500