Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terryc[_2_]
Forum: Australia July 31st 12, 08:40 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Royal National Park - Sydney

On 31/07/12 15:42, Rob wrote:
Has anyone ridden on the trails in the RNP - on the either the walking
trails, fire trails or roads?

Long time ago. I have a feeling they don't like you riding on...
Forum: Australia February 16th 10, 02:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Useful bicycle touring sites

Promotions Galore wrote:

Why not give this site a chance also.

Lol, congrats Derek, you've trolled a troll.
Forum: Australia September 4th 09, 09:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
a trailer on a ...

Tomasso wrote:

Ditto for a folder (but I try to stay off the main roads, anyway).

A trailer on a wedgie gets you noticed and extra clearance.
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 20th 08, 09:02 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,dc.biking,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 192
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
WHAT DO OUR FRIENDS WHO ARE EXPERTS AT SURVIVAL SAY?

ComandanteBanana wrote:

OK, here's this jungle where you are the guide, and in it there are
many wild beasts, and you are telling to the first time explorer that
because you've survived for so...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 20th 08, 09:00 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 192
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
WE MUST GET ORGANIZED

ComandanteBanana wrote:

The lions control the wealth and the destiny of the jungle...

Have the elephants stopped laughing yet?
Forum: Australia September 27th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
MTB/tandem fixtie axle

Theo Bekkers wrote:

You can console yourself that the petrol gen set probably produces less
greenhouse gases than the coal burnt when you charge from mains power.

It is the noise factor...
Forum: Australia September 27th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
MTB/tandem fixtie axle

Joel Mayes wrote:

No X3 usually,

Ooo, far better.

I've seen them in 11 gauge spokes with a 20'' wheel. If
you're in Melbourne there's a second hand set at work you might like a
look at.
Forum: Australia September 23rd 07, 03:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
MTB/tandem fixtie axle

I need a load carrying wheel for a one wheel trailer, so it looks like I
need a mtb style wheel, BUT it will be electrically boosted.

So,the question is do they make a fixte hub that would be...
Forum: Australia September 21st 07, 04:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Oscar Pereiro will be declared the winner of the 2006 TdF

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Terryc wrote:

Andrew Priest wrote:

[quote]Floyd Landis, who tested positive for the banned male hormone
testosterone .......

lol, exceedingly poor writing.
Forum: Australia September 16th 07, 07:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Alleged retailer inducements lands bike supplier in court

Donga wrote:

In fact, these things rarely get to court, as they usually do a deal
and settle. The settlement will include a confidentiality clause, so
you never hear the evidence. So I was...
Forum: Australia September 10th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 130
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Kiddy Trailers

Terryc wrote:

Naturally, you have to remember thats a very yound child (delicate load)
in the trailera and take it easy.

Also have low pressure inflated tyres. I think there are some kiddy...
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 75
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Reporting being terrorised on the pushie

Tomasso wrote:

Link it to APEC...!?

Naah, the only hoons on bikes seem to be the police as far as i can see
{:-).
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 75
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Reporting being terrorised on the pushie

Andrew Priest wrote:
nor it would
seem your understanding of human behavour at this age,

That is a cop out statement. hint, the word youneed to understand is
"culture". Different families can...
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

On 2007-09-05, Andrew Priest (aka Bruce)

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 23:00:25 +1000, Terryc
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 75
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Reporting being terrorised on the pushie

Andrew Priest wrote:

I am curious. Do you have children?

Naah, none, zip, nader, but I have more experience in dealing with
children that just about any (99%) of parents. Nearly 40 years of...
Forum: Australia September 5th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Chocolate Milk - I always knew it was true

Roadie_scum wrote:
MikeyOz Wrote:

Surely you can see the point trying to be made ??

It's a shame there's not more public funding for exercise research?

Seriously, the take-away...
Forum: Australia September 2nd 07, 10:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
hallelujah!

cfsmtb wrote:
Terryc Wrote:

But that's only *one* of several perverse sheep-themed issues mentioned
in the fillum!

When you see what I've seen being done to sheep in the past, nothing...
Forum: Australia August 24th 07, 11:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
These guys are insane :-)

Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

Cool music ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2ygFn-yR8

New York bicycle couriers?
(can't watch it, nor be bothered loading drivers)

Lots of stupid stuff from...
Forum: Australia August 24th 07, 06:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Atherton Tablelands Rail Trail meeting

Donga wrote:
I got a response from Ben (BQ Manager). He had been talking to 'Dave
up there' and he implied he had organised delegation for BQ.

Kathy, I went to the tip a couple of times,...
Forum: Australia August 24th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

Donga wrote:
I got a response from Ben (BQ Manager). He had been talking to 'Dave
up there' and he implied he had organised delegation for BQ.

Kathy, I went to the tip a couple of times,...
Forum: Australia August 23rd 07, 01:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Atherton Tablelands Rail Trail meeting

John Henderson wrote:
I know there's at least one enthusiastic contributor to this NG
from the Atherton Tablelands (unless she's off in the middle of
another epic adventure).

I think she is...
Forum: Australia August 22nd 07, 09:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
pushme pullyou

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
At the start of the Paris-Brest-Paris Audax.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlerando/1175107526/

So.. how do they know which direction they are going in?

ee, I...
Forum: Australia August 22nd 07, 12:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Looking for a portable bike stand

DaveH wrote:
With a single strut like the one shown, you really need a "parking" brake.
Note the shock-cord around the brake lever in the picture. . . .

If your postperson is like ours, you can...
Forum: Australia August 22nd 07, 12:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Looking for a portable bike stand

beerwolf wrote:
Not a repair stand, but something lightweight I can carry on my rear rack,

Eitherpick upa stick fromthe ground to prop it up, or try something like
collapsible steel/aluminium...
Forum: Australia August 21st 07, 03:22 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Terryc[_2_]
Any Mods on this list?

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

He is posting from a forum, not usenet.

I dunno it's going to help him any :)

Guess he is hoping it is a carebear forum.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29