Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: daytoncapri
Forum: Rides June 27th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By daytoncapri
C&O trail trip report

For anyone who is considering the C&O trail as a bicycle adventure.
Here's a fresh trip report from June 14-19, 2009. I traveled solo –
happy to have done it, but you gotta know it won’t always be...
Forum: Rides August 30th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By daytoncapri
Bike sheds

I got a 10 x 12 backyard PVC shed kit from Pep Boys a few years ago. Set on
a slope so I built a wooden ramp to it. The kit include a translucent top
panel to allow light in - which is good. All...
Forum: General August 27th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By daytoncapri
250 in a day? Another Question

"Most of my distance riding has been part of organized series called
"brevets". These series typically consist of 200, 300, 400 and 600km rides
(120, 200, 250, 375mi). It is usually a continuous...
Forum: General August 27th 08, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By daytoncapri
250 in a day?

" have done a few 250 mile days. It's not that remarkable. A 100 mile ride
can be grueling if you're not prepared for it, but that speaks only to
preparation, not the distance. "

Impressive.

My...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By daytoncapri
Queasy Question: Advice on Recovery from Prostate Ultrasound & Biopsy

Appreciate your reply.

I'm feeling hardly any pain, but I think I'll take it easy for at least one
week.

Getting stir-crazy.

Maybe I'll take up stamp collecting.
Forum: Techniques June 29th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By daytoncapri
Queasy Question: Advice on Recovery from Prostate Ultrasound & Biopsy

THE STORY:
1. I rode 150 asphalt biketrail miles on Monday of Last week. It was both a
goal and gift to myself in advance of my scheduled Prostate Ultrasound and
Biopsy this past Thursday. The...
Forum: Techniques November 9th 06, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By daytoncapri
RBT Seizes Power, S. Brown Wins Senate Race!

Contrary to earlier reports, Sheldon Brown is actually a Florida Republican.
http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/sheldon-brown.asp?cycle=06

p.s. Message to Sheldon: I continue to...
Forum: General November 2nd 06, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By daytoncapri
Newbie Question: Do I *Have* To Use Rim Tape?

You're right - the need to rim tape it is NOT provided in typical
instructions. Do without, and the spoke end will poke into your tube, or if
your rims are double-walled, the access holes to the...
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 06, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By daytoncapri
TREK FX 7.2 replacement rear wheel/cassette/tire/tube - gonna cost you :(

So sorry that someone messed up your bike. Last time I responded
pessimistically to a question like this, about a half-dozen wrote in to
disagree strongly with me, and to be more encouraging. I...
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 06, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By daytoncapri
Bamboo and Carbon Fiber? Can this work?

I think your pedal extremity is being longitudinally tensioned.

Oh, no leg extensions this time. The person involved is one of my progeny
who lives in the Northwest. It's for real.

I look...
Forum: Techniques November 1st 06, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By daytoncapri
Bamboo and Carbon Fiber? Can this work?

Bamboo in a bike. Can it be safe? I never heard of such a thing
My friend sent me this message - Quote: "I'm building a new bike from
scratch at the moment, including the frame. My friends have...
Forum: Social Issues October 31st 06, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 14
Posted By daytoncapri
Sigh... Please don't give the troll a single star

It took this guy 3 whole days to figure out his two responses. Three
days, Duh. . . It's really just one coordinated response, and a
defensive one at that.

This time, the persona of obnoxious Ed...
Forum: Social Issues October 28th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 14
Posted By daytoncapri
Sigh... Please don't give the troll a single star

Darin McGrew wrote:
JimmyMac wrote:
1. Ignoring the troll is difficult, but I am working on it.

I don't find it difficult at all. I had almost forgotten about the...
Forum: Rides October 27th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By daytoncapri
My First Big Cold Weather Ride in SW Ohio

Bill Cotton reply.

Your msg is inspiring. I was just looking out the door at the cold wet
fog and thinking - No-o-o . . . Then I read your post and changed my
mind. Thanks
Forum: Social Issues October 27th 06, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 14
Posted By daytoncapri
Sigh... Please don't give the troll a single star

JimmyMac wrote:
daytoncapri wrote:
Let's Move On - here's a suggestion for THE NEXT STEP

How about YOU launching a fresh new post on the topic on Bicycling?
Forget the troll. Tell...
Forum: Social Issues October 26th 06, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 14
Posted By daytoncapri
Sigh... Please don't give the troll a single star

Let's Move On - here's a suggestion for THE NEXT STEP

How about YOU launching a fresh new post on the topic on Bicycling?
Forget the troll. Tell us about your latest bike mod, or a really
memorable...
Forum: Social Issues October 25th 06, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 14
Posted By daytoncapri
Sigh... Please don't give the troll a single star

By doing so, you give him recognition which only encourages him to post
again. Don't you get it?

Don't vote a worthless message with a one star - you vote gives it
undue worth and validates the...
Forum: Rides October 25th 06, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By daytoncapri
My First Big Cold Weather Ride in SW Ohio

D Wells wrote:
I went to London
from the other direction. Hilliard, to West Jeff, to London, to
Mechanicsburg, then Urbana and back to Hilliard. It was 102 miles.

I appreciate your report. I've...
Forum: Rides October 25th 06, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By daytoncapri
New River Trail in SW VA? Or other flat rides in the area?

Please post a report when you do this. I did find this link

http://www.cccyclery.com/galfjbg.htm
Forum: Rides October 24th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By daytoncapri
My First Big Cold Weather Ride in SW Ohio

Anybody else out there doing cold weather rides?

Monday (Oct 23) was my day off, so I decided go 50 miles from Dayton to
London, OH - and then came back = one Century. I've been doing, an
average,...
Forum: Social Issues October 24th 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 22
Posted By daytoncapri
Halloween Message: Ignore all messages launched by a troll and Do not reply to this

This a suggestion for dealing with an irritant - ignore it.

I see that a posting tree in this group has grown substantially from an
original post by a troll. (We will use no names here.)

The...
Forum: General October 24th 06, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By daytoncapri
Just a bit of self-indulgent celebrating from a newcomer

Congrats and Welcome! Good times await you!
Forum: General October 24th 06, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By daytoncapri
FAQ Location and Weekly posting for Rec.Bicycles.*

This link advises what to do about troll posts

http://www.mj-holmes.com/trolls.htm
Forum: Techniques October 19th 06, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 95
Posted By daytoncapri
"mountain" and "road" pedals - power grips and bebops and money

Marian wrote:

There's considerable discussion to be found on the skeletal effects of
clipless pedals - some of it disconcerting.

Where?

(I'm not asking you for a cite to prove this...
Forum: General October 19th 06, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By daytoncapri
Which bike brands are the Chevrolets?

wrote:
daytoncapri wrote:

I could not disagree more. I do almost all maintenance on my 12 bikes
and I taught myself. It's not that hard. Info is available on the
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40