Showing results 1 to 25 of 193
Search took 5.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 41
Forum: Techniques May 8th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By 41
All-rounder frame wanted

JennyB wrote:
I'm looking for a new steel frame with old-fashioned touring geometry.
It will be for all-year use, sometimes heavily loaded and sometimes on
rough tracks, but generally neither,...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 155
Posted By 41
A fixed gear question from a "gear head"

A Muzi wrote:
Bill Westphal wrote:

fixed.html, and got to the photos of the chopped off fingers at the

OK, it should be an obvious hazard but it isn't.
I once had a guy here who was...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By 41
road racing wheels recommendation

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
41 wrote:

Sandy wrote:
A Muzi a écrit :
Sort of a...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By 41
Touring bike on fire roads?

wrote:
On May 6, 9:22 pm, 41 wrote:
These are what I have and as I say they are OK- not great. I don't
find them cute. And they do leave rust...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Dogfighting wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:
Michael Warner wrote:
On 4 May 2007 21:22:00 -0700, 41 wrote:

It's hard to believe that any American needs to add...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By 41
road racing wheels recommendation

Sandy wrote:
A Muzi a écrit :
Sort of a disconnect above. Our supplier for standard replacement
wheels pays $1 each to their wheelbuilder, the going rate. How much
time do you think...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By 41
road racing wheels recommendation

Sandy wrote:

However, where I live, ride and (used to and may again) race, shops really
dislike the economics of building wheels.

That's Sarko's point. Welcome to America, enfant de la Patrie....
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Dogfighting wrote:
41 wrote:
Dogfighting wrote:

41 wrote:

No i am not...typical American's... the Internet is just a little bit
larger than your ****ty little country...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By 41
S+S couplers versus Ritchey/Dahon design

daveornee wrote:

Do you think that self extracting crank bolts would put the crank back
at the exact position on the axle after 15 removals/replacements if
each time you torqued the crank bolt...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By 41
Touring bike on fire roads?

A Muzi wrote:
A Muzi wrote:
Both systems are valid and have their adherents. Here, we remove each
and install the other regularly by request. The cute centered top tube
loops with...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 155
Posted By 41
A fixed gear question from a "gear head"

Scott wrote:
On May 6, 4:08 pm, jim beam wrote:

Jim,

I tried as hard as I could to graciously bring the 'discuss ion' to an
end without outright calling...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Dogfighting wrote:
41 wrote:

No i am not...typical American's... the Internet is just a little bit
larger than your ****ty little country !

I guessed. That's why I said I...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By 41
Touring bike on fire roads?

A Muzi wrote:

Both systems are valid and have their adherents. Here, we remove each
and install the other regularly by request. The cute centered top tube
loops with full casing tend to hold...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By 41
Touring bike on fire roads?

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
41 wrote:

Zilla wrote:

Another question, I ride a 52cm roadie (and...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 155
Posted By 41
A fixed gear question from a "gear head"

Scott wrote:
On May 6, 12:34 pm, 41 wrote:

Track bicycles make sense for the track. Road bicycles make sense for
the road. Strange but true. A- Hide quoted text...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Dogfighting wrote:
41 wrote:
Michael Warner wrote:

On 4 May 2007 21:22:00 -0700, 41 wrote:

It's hard to believe that any American needs to add salt tablets to
their...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2007 06:18:58 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

On 5 May 2007 18:49:22 -0700, 41 wrote:
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By 41
Touring bike on fire roads?

wrote:
On May 5, 8:06 pm, 41 wrote:

I can't understand split brake cable routing, much less under the
do wntube or at 5 or 7 o'clock. I think...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 155
Posted By 41
A fixed gear question from a "gear head"

Chalo wrote:
John Thompson wrote:

Chalo wrote:

Fixed = bad idea. If you have a taste for playing practical jokes on
yourself, give it a go. Otherwise, use a freewheel.
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Michael Warner wrote:
On 4 May 2007 21:22:00 -0700, 41 wrote:

It's hard to believe that any American needs to add salt tablets to
their diet.

No doubt, but I'm not American,

Exactly....
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By 41
Paint stain in NOS frame

41 wrote:

laundry detergent (e.g. Tide with color-safe bleach) in hot water,

Sorry, read warm water.

since that's what you would use to get it out of your clothes.
However, this too can be...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Vee wrote:
On May 5, 11:20 am, Chalo wrote:

Fixed = bad idea. If you have a taste for playing practical jokes on
yourself, give it a go. Otherwise, use a...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 155
Posted By 41
A fixed gear question from a "gear head"

!Jones wrote:
OK... what's this "fixed gear" nonsense, anyway?

OTOH, there's a minimalist asthetic beauty therein and... well...

Anyway, I have a nice, old lugged frame that fits me well...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By 41
Paint stain in NOS frame

Greg wrote:
I just recently bought a NOS Colnago frame for my wife and built it
up. On the maiden voyage, some Accelerade leaked from the bottle and
down the downtube and BB area. When she...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By 41
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 5 May 2007 11:56:29 -0700, 41 wrote:

So, to repeat: try stretching on a regular basis. That typically
eliminates cramping...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 193