Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: iarocu
Forum: UK March 30th 09, 01:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 133
Posted By iarocu
Another should have worn a helmet case

As a parent I'm currently of the view that my kids should wear helmets
but I'm open to reviewing that opinion. *I've never heard of anyone
who was harmed by a bike helmet but I've got one kid...
Forum: UK January 20th 09, 07:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 170
Posted By iarocu
We could do with this in the UK.

On 19 Jan, 06:36, Doug wrote:

* * * Motorists can be ticketed and fined $100 for "dooring" cyclists..
That's what happens when someone kicks their car door open in front of
Forum: UK December 2nd 08, 12:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 186
Posted By iarocu
Police pick on cyclist

On 1 Dec, 20:41, Ian Smith wrote:

Which clause of what road traffic legislation? *

Not RTA legislation.
Section 13 of the Criminal Procedure (Scot) Act 1995 gives police...
Forum: UK November 27th 08, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By iarocu
Accident report (Edinburgh)

On Nov 27, 2:38*am, Chris Malcolm wrote:

I described my injuries and the police said they didn't count as
injuries.

As others have said you were injured. There is case...
Forum: UK September 6th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By iarocu
Crap policing in London

On Sep 6, 1:50*pm, iarocu wrote:

Was there *not a study which
showed mobile use was as dangerous as driving with just over the legal
alcohol limit?

Yes. There it...
Forum: UK September 6th 08, 01:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By iarocu
Crap policing in London

On Sep 6, 12:02*pm, spindrift wrote:
it is an activity tacitly
encouraged by both the government and the police.

It's nice tp see a high profile given to drivers using...
Forum: UK August 9th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By iarocu
tingling in the wrists

On Aug 9, 7:49 am, "Lloydd" wrote:
after about 5 weeks of cycling 6 miles to and 6 miles from work, i am
starting to suffer from tingling in my wrists. in fact, i woke up in...
Forum: UK July 18th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By iarocu
Another Life "Saved" By A Helmet

ww.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.
2400000.0.wearing_a_cycle_helmet_saved_girls_life.php

Or was it a life changing neck injury caused?

Iain
Forum: UK May 18th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By iarocu
Walking Helmets Anyone?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23713167-23272,00.html
Forum: UK April 17th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By iarocu
glasgow to inverness info please

On 17 Apr, 17:32, terryJ wrote:

Thanks to all so far.
I gather that without taking a detour round the west coast one just has
to bite the bullet and take the main road...
Forum: UK March 27th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By iarocu
Land Reform Act helps cyclists again

On 27 Mar, 15:04, David Hansen
wrote:

"A LONG-STANDING ban on cyclists using paths in the Meadows may have
to be scrapped - because it is illegal.

i predict...
Forum: UK March 19th 08, 11:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By iarocu
Just been knocked off my bike!!

On 18 Mar, 21:03, JNugent wrote:
naked_draughtsman wrote:
On Mar 18, 8:08 pm, wrote:
Hello

Ive just been knocked off my bike on the way home...
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 08:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By iarocu
Just been knocked off my bike!!

On 18 Mar, 20:24, Jonathan Schneider

The police should have been notified if there is any injury.

Yes. Whether or not you report the accident to the police the driver
is required to report it ...
Forum: UK March 11th 08, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By iarocu
The Logical Extreme

On 10 Mar, 20:45, Nuxx Bar wrote:

I reckon every regular driver would end up being banned within a very
short space of time. Does anyone think otherwise? Please...
Forum: UK March 8th 08, 09:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By iarocu
What light?

On 7 Mar, 19:11, "Doki" wrote:

What would you suggest?

Edinburgh Bicycles own brand 1 Watt LED. Steady and Flashing Modes.
£15

Iain
Forum: UK February 16th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By iarocu
Anyone used Kinetics as a supplier?

On 16 Feb, 17:36, Duncan Smith wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a week ago, and apart from an...
Forum: UK February 5th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By iarocu
Sheldon Brown

On 4 Feb, 18:57, Tim Hall wrote:
Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Bugger. One of the giants is gone. R.I.P. Sheldon.

Iain
Forum: UK January 31st 08, 08:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By iarocu
6 MPH Speed Limit on the Union Canal?

After complaints about speeding cyclists British waterways impose a
6mph speed limit on all users of the towpath.

That will mean no jogging then?

Sounds like them just washing their hands of any...
Forum: UK January 22nd 08, 12:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By iarocu
Article In the Sunday Mail - Driver Speaks out ( Jason MacIntyre)

On 21 Jan, 15:29, JNugent

Are there rules about that?

I think the rules cover people other than the accused or newspapers
etc and apply after proceeding have started. If the person involved
in...
Forum: UK January 21st 08, 01:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By iarocu
Cycle vs. car RTA - provision of contact details.

On 19 Jan, 04:47, wrote:
I'm cross-posting this query from a local newsgroup
(southportforums.com) as, being both a cyclist and a car-driver, I'd
be interested in what...
Forum: UK January 13th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By iarocu
Ferry to Northern Ireland

On 13 Jan, 08:43, Jonathan Campbell wrote:

Again regarding Stena, it seemed to me that sailings are unlikely to be
full (that was in early July),

A couple of years...
Forum: UK December 30th 07, 10:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By iarocu
Would like advice on preventing QR wheel theft

On 30 Dec, 02:13, "David Lowther"
wrote:

More generally any advice on whether wheel theft from a £40 2nd hand
mountain bike is likely to be a problem, and if so...
Forum: UK December 9th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By iarocu
Cycling Access, Milngavie Reservoir - Update

Didn't used to cycle there, if I remember, but it's a great place for
youngsters to be let loose, provided that they don't stray onto the
banks!

Yes. A lovely place to run or go for a walk. I...
Forum: UK December 7th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By iarocu
Cycling Access, Milngavie Reservoir - Update

I previously posted in April 2006 http://preview.tinyurl.com/39wxer
about "No Cycling" signs still being in place at Milngavie Reservoir
just north of Glasgow over a year after the Land...
Forum: UK December 6th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By iarocu
Paul Smith

On 5 Dec, 12:43, Tom Crispin
wrote:
At last he is fully exposed for
the worthless person he has been for a great many years.

Still widely quoted...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84