Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon Forrest
Forum: General July 26th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Jon Forrest
Fast Freddy breaks one hour World record on Easy Racer!

Here's a couple of items relating to Fast Freddy.

1) My brother rides in the same Saturday morning ride that
Freddy rides in sometimes (in Santa Cruz). He says that
the ride usually starts out with...
Forum: Racing July 26th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 25
Posted By Jon Forrest
Fast Freddy breaks one hour World record on Easy Racer!

Here's a couple of items relating to Fast Freddy.

1) My brother rides in the same Saturday morning ride that
Freddy rides in sometimes (in Santa Cruz). He says that
the ride usually starts out with...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 06, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Jon Forrest
How to ride a fixie

Yeah... Do you have any idea how long I've been trying to learn how to ride
backwards (rear wheel first in direction of travel)???

Totally. Every time I try to pedal backwards my bike...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 06, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Jon Forrest
What's Changed in 20 Years?

I was pretty good at working on bikes about 20 years
ago but stopped doing it in order to do other things.
Now I'm thinking of getting back into it.

Obviously the laws of physics haven't changed in...
Forum: Rides July 21st 06, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Forrest
Panniers vs. Trailers?

Mike Vermeulen wrote:
I'd like to hear what people think of the strengths and weaknesses
of using panniers versus trailers for long bike trips.

Note that Adventure Cycling has covered...
Forum: Rides July 21st 06, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Forrest
Tracing Routes on Google Maps

Chuck Anderson wrote:
I just used this site for the first time to document a recent ride:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com

Very nice. I like it, but does anyone know of a similar site that...
Forum: Rides July 21st 06, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Forrest
Panniers vs. Trailers?

Chuck Anderson wrote:

I, myself, simply prefer panniers over a trailer. The solution to
falling over is a good Greenlee kickstand (and a brake lock - rubber
band or brake chuck).

I meant...
Forum: Rides July 20th 06, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Forrest
Panniers vs. Trailers?

I'd like to hear what people think of the strengths and weaknesses
of using panniers versus trailers for long bike trips. I'm
especially interested in safety and security issues (e.g. falling
over...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8