Australia's cycling performance in Beijing

On Aug 20, 4:10 pm, TimC -
astro.swin.edu.au wrote:
On 2008-08-20, Brendo (aka Bruce)

We could also...
Forum: Australia August 20th 08, 07:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Brendo
Australia's cycling performance in Beijing

We could also tithe people supported through the AIS for a percentage of
future income in certain areas, e.g product endorsement, future winnings.

Good point. My understanding is that if you...
Forum: Australia April 30th 08, 06:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Brendo
A Rest for Pro's

When Boonie Boonen says that he's having a few days off after winning
the Paris-Roubaix, what does that mean? Does he whack on the uggies
and watch the TV with a packet of crisps, or is a day off...
Forum: Australia January 29th 08, 06:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
TDU
Posted By Brendo
TDU

On Jan 29, 1:47*pm, Elmo wrote:
Brendo wrote:
Is it just me or has there been bugger all media coverage of this?
Obviously SBS has been showing the highlights package, but as...
Forum: Australia January 29th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
TDU
Posted By Brendo
TDU

Is it just me or has there been bugger all media coverage of this?
Obviously SBS has been showing the highlights package, but as a keen
reader of newspapers and watcher of TV news, I don't recall...
Forum: Australia January 12th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 133
Posted By Brendo
Police target South Australian cyclists

On Jan 12, 9:03 am, scotty72 scotty72.331...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Zebee Johnstone Wrote:

What else you can do isn't the point, can you do this? And why not?
Why is it...
Forum: Australia December 28th 07, 11:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Brendo
Tyre Blowout

On Dec 28, 8:08 pm, Someone Else ?
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:49 +1100, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
What is the favoured liner material to make a...
Forum: Australia December 7th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

And that's what this is all about - a minority of ratbags who get
incensed and subsequently violent when their car gets caught within the
mass. That's the rationale for corking as I see it,...
Forum: Australia December 6th 07, 06:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

Um. A mass doesn't have zero length?

When it gets split at the lights, you get cars coming in from the
intersection, that will be sandwiched between two half masses.

Agreed. :) Except...
Forum: Australia December 5th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

The red light cuts the mass in half. A car (or cars) enter from a side
street. The light turns green for the mass, and the second half of the
mass catches up to the first half, with a car...
Forum: Australia December 5th 07, 11:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

On Dec 5, 4:29 pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:28:03 -0800 (PST)

Brendo wrote:

If the group has stopped at an...
Forum: Australia December 5th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

On Dec 5, 12:21 pm, Baka Dasai wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 17:54:28 -0800 (PST), Brendo said (and I quote):

Baka Dasai said:

Some disagree, saying that a...
Forum: Australia December 5th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

A group of cyclists is simply a
collection of vehicles (not one singular vehicle), all using the road.

Some disagree, saying that a mass is a single entity, and that therefore once
it...
Forum: Australia December 5th 07, 01:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By Brendo
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

And, as mentioned plenty of times in this thread, CM appears to be a
police endorsed event *with police officers doing the corking*. At
least in Melbourne, anyway.

Which I can accept, but...
Forum: Australia December 3rd 07, 07:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

On Dec 3, 3:33 pm, scotty72 scotty72.310...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Theo Bekkers Wrote:

scotty72 wrote:
Theo Bekkers Wrote:
Forum: Australia September 25th 07, 06:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Brendo
NZ Magpie attack on video

On Sep 25, 1:33 pm, Bean Long wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/yu83qq
--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that...
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 10:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Brendo
Shoes and feet

On Sep 11, 4:45 pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:17:11 -0700

Brendo wrote:

Also check where the cleats are in...
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Brendo
Shoes and feet

Also check where the cleats are in relation to your foot.

Zebee

They're on the bottom.Where do you bent guys have them?

Brendo
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Brendo
Shoes and feet

On Sep 11, 1:41 pm, paulh wrote:
On Sep 11, 12:02 pm, Brendo wrote:

I've (finally) started doing 3 or 4 rides a week after work. They're
only...
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Brendo
Shoes and feet

Sound like the shoes are too narrow.

If you have wide feet, getting cycling shoes can be hard. Go for the
widest you can find.

I have fairly narrow feet, so I don't think the width is an...
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Brendo
Shoes and feet

I've (finally) started doing 3 or 4 rides a week after work. They're
only short at the moment (15 to 20km) and they last around 30 - 45
minutes. I've got entry level size 48 Shimano shoes (SH-RO74S -...
Forum: Australia August 1st 07, 01:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Brendo
Mayo tested positive for EPO

i also KNOW that human nature is self serving and corrupt.

You mean the Motown albums were just to make money, not for everyones
listening pleasure??

Brendo
Forum: Australia July 24th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Brendo
TDF Spoiler

On Jul 24, 10:44 am, Bleve wrote:
On Jul 24, 11:53 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:

Brendo wrote:
You have been blessed!! I must admit,...
Forum: Australia July 24th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Brendo
TDF Spoiler

On Jul 24, 9:29 am, MikeyOz MikeyOz.2u7...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Recorded and watched the stage this morning.... even though I was a
little disappointed there wasn't more...
Forum: Australia July 18th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By Brendo
Heart Rate Monitors

On Jul 17, 10:25 am, MikeyOz MikeyOz.2tu...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Brendo Wrote:

I can find a Garmin Edge 205 on eBay for less that the RRP of the
Polar F6. It comes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 124