Showing results 1 to 25 of 193
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bondo
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Bondo
New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

When Gracie came through Colorado I happened upon her on her Hoosier
Pass descent. First time I had ever seen a Coker or a 36" wheel. It
inspired me to check out the unicycle community again.

I see...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Bondo
36er towed away-footage!

Couldn't keep up on the payments, huh?

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Bondo
Some questions about street theater.

Watch other buskers.

You need enough to do about a 20 min show.
Have something that will gather a crowd.
Do a routine or two and then finish big and pass a hat.
Get people involved in the show.
Even...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Bondo
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

I've seen some photos here of people doing the MUni on very-muddy
trails.
Around here that is a big no-no.

Please consider your impact on the trail.

Does a Municycle have more or less impact on the...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Bondo
Pictures of your latest ride

[image:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/einrad2/SKbX5XKCLQI/AAAAAAAADX0/alQclj183Kk/DSC02431.JPG?imgmax=512]

Psssst....

You are supossed to tilt the camera to make it look MORE steep...not
less.

:)
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By Bondo
Best Photos of 2008

Ooh...Forgot about MOAB.
Enjoy...

Night time Uni-Basketball
ENJOY...[image:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb148/Telehoar/Moab2008/UniBasketball.jpg]

Where's...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By Bondo
Pictures of your latest ride

Don't you hate it when your helmet flies off and your head is still in
it?

[image:
http://www.kylejschroeder.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/yinka-shonibare-man-on-unicycle-20051.jpg]

At...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By Bondo
Best Photos of 2008

My backyard:
[image:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb148/Telehoar/Unicycle/Backyard.jpg]

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Bondo
Happy New Year RSU!

It's been a great year so-far!

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Bondo
2 weeks of snow- then blue sky

Finally some sun!!

Breckenridge on Saturday never got above Zero Degrees. Brrr. 3 runs and
I was done.

Monarch yesterday was totally non-sucky!!
Although they closed Mirkwood, the trees were still...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Bondo
Any good?~Advice wanted.

The classic Craiglist Schwinn.
Sure it's worth it, most of those are around $50 it seems.

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Bondo
Removing rust from a vintage uni

They make a spray paint/primer that magically converts RUST to a good
primer ready for more paint.

lazy man's solution!
:)

--
Bondo
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Shred the Gnar indeed!

I was lucky enough to be in Vail yesterday for the 12" of fresh snow. A
great day of face-shots.

It was great till my buddy set off the slide that closed Blue...
Forum: Unicycling November 28th 08, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Bondo
Schwinn 6 foot giraffe broke

Are you sure it's the wheel bearings and not just the chain cog
seperating from the hub?
Those three bolts tend to shear pretty easily. It has happened to me
twice on my Schwinn giraffe.

If not....
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Bondo
Giraffe Discussion Thread

johnfoss;1132438 wrote:

Not compared to a Schwinn. If you have the chance to get a Schwinn, go
for it. Though it's better to have a later one. *Ask if the one for sale
has three bolts...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Bondo
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

I think you have to be pretty drunk to even try unicycling at all.

I'll have to try it sober sometime...I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW: that was one of the more coherent drunk-posts I have...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Bondo
Your favorite pictures of you riding

A repeat.
Photo by Bob Scott, professional photographer shooting us unicyclists
for a Smartwool socks and clothing catalog.
Me on the...
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Bondo
How did you progress with time?

Riding forward.
Turning.
Freemount
Giraffe.
Idling the giraffe
Freemounting the giraffe
Juggling on the giraffe.
Juggling on the giraffe under an 8 foot roof
Juggling on the giraffe on a small...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Bondo
$700 Billion Bailout Good for Unicyclists!

"lame non-rider joke"^^^?
...Not sure what you mean by that.

Yes the bailout was a probably a terrible idea. It seems however that
some good is coming from it with some of these...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Bondo
$700 Billion Bailout Good for Unicyclists!

Tax breaks for you commuters!!

http://tinyurl.com/3wxwcm

Do we get half the tax break for half the bike, or should we get twice
the break for doing twice the work??

--
Bondo
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I seem to have always had good balance in sports, I think mostly due to
unicycling at an early age.

MTBers were always amazed how I was able to stay upright and run out a
crash off a bike. Skiing...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By Bondo
A warning on pipe-cutters

saskatchewanian;1103318 wrote:
Sheldon Bown's page '15 Ways To Unstick a Seatpost'
(http://www.sheldonbrown.com/stuck-seatposts.html).

Great advice in that link there.^^^

Except for the part...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Bondo
paranoid newbie looking for tips/advice

saskatchewanian;1103310 wrote:

Drink two beer then give it a go

Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Bondo
paranoid newbie looking for tips/advice

Howdy! Welcome!
Don't stress, just keep at it, you'll have it in no time.

xtor;1103052 wrote:

You might find it helpful to standup on the peddles with them
in the 6 and
9 o’clock...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Bondo
Today I... (brag thread)

They put my picture in the paper...