Showing results 1 to 25 of 169
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Monocyclist
Forum: Unicycling January 26th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Monocyclist
Video: DeepCove muni

good video...but man...you guys really really need to watch it being at
the end of that cliff when both the cliff and your tire is wet. that
could turn really really bad...really really quick.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 26th 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Monocyclist
Nimbus Hoppley or Torker DX

there both very very strong unicycles. It really depends on your budget.
But i say get the hoppley.

btw, the hoppley is very rarely on udc. when it is it only stays on
there for a few days..

The qu...
Forum: Unicycling January 24th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Monocyclist
Jacksonville Unicycling

I ususally ride downtown. Occasionally I muni..but theres really hardly
anywhere to ride muni here..I want a hilly place.

yeah, in a week or so i'd be up for riding. I really messed up bad
recently...
Forum: Unicycling January 24th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Monocyclist
Jacksonville Unicycling

kinda on the northside of st. aug. I live off of sr-16. Bout 5 mins from
95.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile:...

well..i live in st. augustine..where in jax do you live?

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile:...

surfer1024 wrote:
I almost landed a 360 unispin a couple of minutes ago!!!!!
I was following the hand position that Unicaw89 Recommended
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 07, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Monocyclist
Duro Wildlife Leopard air pressure?

I think it's 30-50 psi.
play with different pressures and find your own preference.

if you're doing a lot of hopping you'll want a pressure that's just
enough so it won't bottom out but also...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Monocyclist
Trials

Tomahawk wrote:
I'm not trying to "dis" and trials riders or anything, but I just don't
think of trials as actually unicycling. I mean, you don't pedal, you
just jump up and down on the...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Monocyclist
Wondering about mounts need help!

^
a freemount is when you don't use anything to help you mount the uni.
like a wall, pole etc.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's...

the hoppley is splined . I don't have it but it's apparently a very very
good uni.

All I know is every time they put it back on UDC it's taken back off
like 4 days later. I guess they go...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Monocyclist
How can you see what a splined hub looks like

you've already asked this twice...and it's been answered twice..

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile:...

k wheres the virus

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114

You're better off just buying a new bc from bedford.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile:...

probably one greater than your ankles will handle.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile:...

I say don't get an onza. It's 450$, and for 17$ more, you could have a
kh20. The onza is still a good uni, but personally I'd definitely go
for the kh20

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 07, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Monocyclist
07 KH trials frame clearance

it's barely worn at all in that spot.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114
View...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 07, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Monocyclist
any Trials suggestions?

It depends really. But if maintenced properly and if you rollout on most
drops..with your weight it will last very long. I have had a dx for a
long time now and done many many drops with no rollout...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Monocyclist
07 KH trials frame clearance

here

|Filename: clearance.JPG |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 07, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Monocyclist
any Trials suggestions?

the torker dx, qu ax, or kh 20.

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=795

What you want is a splined axle. all 3 of these have one.

The torker is always on ebay, and the kh 20 seems to...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Monocyclist
eight stitches

madmattunipro wrote:
I've been told by some bikers that they only consider it a true pedal
bite if it has at least 6 good scratches.

yeah but a pedal bite is a pedal bite...if those pinned...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 06, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Monocyclist
when you hop with seat in front

^ well i already have a 25 inch seat in hop but I just can't imagine it
getting any higher because I just can't tuck. But after reading sponges
post i'm gonna practice like crazy now.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Monocyclist
when you hop with seat in front

Sponge wrote:
You should really try and get good at seat-in hopping first, before
going to SIF, because seat-in is a good foundation.

Look how far seat-in has taken Yoggi, Joe Hodges,...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Monocyclist
my uni in progress

kerosian wrote:
i'm just using my spare/crappy frame right now. my cromo crown frame is
in need of repair. the frame used at the moment is from my first uni.

Yeah, but that rim looks like...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 06, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Monocyclist
eight stitches

yea same thing happened to me, but on my calf. I didn't get stitches
though.

in this pic you can see my old pedal bite on the right of my leg. I
always wear my 661s now needless to...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 06, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Monocyclist
Riding down stairs

Practice. Treat it as if it's just a steep slope.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile:...