Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: colin340
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By colin340
tap size for nimbus isis hub threads??

just email or im(if you have gchat or gmail)

there are really good

also make sure it's the right threads per inch i would not trust a
measurement i would get the...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By colin340
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

maestro8;1160959 wrote:
Think about what you're doing.

You're bolting two very different materials together: one that will
bend before it breaks (steel), and another that'll break before it...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By colin340
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

maestro8;1122375 wrote:
It's not necessary. The plate will only add weight, it won't add any
strength to your setup. That's why it's not in the instructions.

i'm just wondering how won't it...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By colin340
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

Heres a picture of what i mean

|Filename: IMG_0752.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By colin340
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

I just got my seat and getting ready to to drill it, in the notes
('here' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/faq_carbonplatte_en.pdf)) it
says "Sometimes base edges need fileing to fit the handles on"...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By colin340
Christmas goodies thread

i got
-TA tire
-KH seat post (that one with the brake handle that was on sale for
2.00$)
-a 36er tube
-Crank puller
-cf base
-Into the Thunder Dragon (dvd)
-One Wheel Many Spokes (book)
-Teach...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By colin340
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

corbin;1148587 wrote:
If you are having trouble with not getting enough stopping power from
maguras, more than likely it is due to air in the lines.

I don't think you need a booster.

Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By colin340
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

it would be a allot safer if it was mounted behind the brake mounts

and you could get better boost and you could make it smaller if it was
made of 1/8 steel not to mention it would be be way...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By colin340
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

412;1148235 wrote:
[image: http://enhjulingsfolket.se/uploads/31544/48f85090-00.jpg]
[image: http://enhjulingsfolket.se/uploads/31544/48f85090-01.jpg]

My 29:er. It's hard to find something...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By colin340
Light Weight Tools?

i like to tape the Allen wrench i need for my seat post clamp right to
my seat post

all i really bring on a long muni is a small pump a tire pacht and my
seat post Allen but that is tape right...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By colin340
Custom made unis by Ed Mosimann

has any one else ever used a one side bearing holder ??
like he did here http://tinyurl.com/5h43xu

how do they work ?? well ?? poorly ??

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By colin340
costom coker frame design help

ok good to hear

i'm short so i better try making that top bit skinner

the reson i like square tube is cus it really easy to mill and i don't
need to make any jigs

btw the TA tire says it's 2.25 ...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By colin340
costom coker frame design help

hi folks
i'm looking at making my own coker frame using the new nimbus super
wide isis hub
i attached a screen shot

some simple details
-the bearing holders extend into the frame where they get...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By colin340
The $3 Handle Experiment

i would just like to thank spudman for helping me zone out of all of my
class today i keep think about how i wanted to do this

think it would help on a 24 if i was just doing some high speed muni...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By colin340
cracked seat base

i feel you pain and the worst part is that is very hard to buy just the
velo base here int the us i think you can only get a whole seat

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By colin340
Who wants another Ride The Lobster?

i would love to do it the northwest would be cool ,it has alot of riders
and, it is very pro-bikes so a unicycle race would be well received
also
it would be neat to do a "off-road" race like a...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By colin340
Is Terry here?

critter;1130647 wrote:
Maybe it's a new girlfriend..:cool:;)

prolly one of those mtb chicks
jk

terry where are you man ??
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By colin340
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

onelesscar;1125421 wrote:
I have really sensitive feet...as in, they start hurting really fast if
the pedal bodies aren't big enough. I reeeeaaaallly love my wellgo
mg-1's, and they match all...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By colin340
3-speed fixed (bike) hub

john_childs;1125087 wrote:
I am almost absolutely certain that it would not be strong enough for
any sort of unicycle use. Unicycling puts a huge amount of torque on
the hub. Bicycles have a...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By colin340
3-speed fixed (bike) hub

YES this is huge theres no free wheel so it would work in unicycle
unlike the other hubs that that would just free wheel

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By colin340
Aliso ride 10.3.08

wow, Terry that looks like fun I wish New York had more rocky trails
here it's all muddy a tree-ey

--
colin340
colin340's...

HardcoreCokerRider;1109356 wrote:
Well for those of us who ride in the city (and other places where this
danger exists), it looks like that tire would be really annoying to have
to scrape and...
Forum: Unicycling September 3rd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 107
Posted By colin340
unflatering riding pics.

stop killing this thread and post pictures

|Filename: sweeet fall.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By colin340
Solid tubes?

Michaelgoround wrote:
From my personal experience with slime the only time it has ever worked
is if you leave your bike sitting for a couple of days. Sooo I wouldn't
get it. I guess it could...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By colin340
fitting kh leg armor

does six six one really have more protection i heard there less in the
back than kh

and could i get the lx's and do surgery to them to short the front
plates

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54