Showing results 1 to 25 of 128
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: terryc
Forum: Australia December 11th 11, 03:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
BOO
Posted By terryc
BOO

Alan Erskine wrote:
On 11/12/2011 8:33 AM, Moike wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
BOO

reels back in horror

A POST!!!!

Moike
Forum: Australia November 14th 11, 12:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By terryc
700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

Tomasso wrote:

But I believe you can still buy 27 inch tyres at K-Mart...

Taah, thanks for the heads up. I have a few petrified tyres that need
replacment. {:-).
Forum: Australia November 4th 11, 12:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By terryc
Shimano 6sp

Travis wrote:
On Nov 4, 7:41 am, Rob wrote:

There are different widths in the chains. ie You can't use a standard
chain on a 9 speed cluster too wide to fit between...
Forum: Australia October 24th 11, 02:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By terryc
dunlop

thefathippy wrote:

hehe - I went with batteries (and making my own lightsets) after being
done faffing about with dynamos!

To be fair, it was a long time ago, and I'm sure they're better...
Forum: Australia October 10th 11, 02:33 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By terryc
dunlop

Krypsis wrote:
On 10/10/2011 7:12 PM, Rob wrote:
On 10/10/2011 9:52 AM, terryc wrote:
Phil H wrote:
Than again, it could
just be the council hauling them off to the tip.

Forum: Australia October 9th 11, 11:52 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By terryc
dunlop

Phil H wrote:
Than again, it could
just be the council hauling them off to the tip.

Around here it is scrap metal collectors.
Forum: Australia October 6th 11, 01:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By terryc
E Bikes

John Henderson wrote:
terryc wrote:

John Henderson wrote:

That 200W limit is Australia-wide (enshrined in the Australian
Road Rules).
When did that happen?

Earlier, rather...
Forum: Australia October 4th 11, 01:55 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By terryc
E Bikes

Fraser Johnston wrote:
On 22/09/11 1:45 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

As far as I know the conversion is "replace the wheel with the
hub motor one, locate the battery somewhere, run the...
Forum: Australia October 4th 11, 01:54 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By terryc
E Bikes

John Henderson wrote:

That 200W limit is Australia-wide (enshrined in the Australian
Road Rules).

When did that happen?
Forum: Australia August 17th 11, 03:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By terryc
Sydney Regatta Centre

Geoff Lock wrote:

Ouch!! :( I suppose it is difficult to tell offhand if the wire was
deliberately set or simply due to careless indifference by the
construction ppl. Somehow I suspect it...
Forum: Australia July 25th 11, 01:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By terryc
Shame about Voeckler

Moike wrote:

I've just paid off a mortgage with Rabobank. Excellent service.
If you have to deal with a bank, they're the sort of people you'd want
to deal with.

I'll pass. Both their adds...
Forum: Australia June 21st 11, 01:40 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By terryc
23 channels and nothing to watch!

Theo Bekkers wrote:

OTOH, I have 130 channels of Foxtel, so I have more crap to choose
from.

I'm waiting for the rest of the country to find the Killer Kangaroos
(furry hopping kind) that...
Forum: Australia June 21st 11, 12:33 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By terryc
OT : 23 channels and nothing to watch!

Geoff Lock wrote:

Ah, I have a bunch of 8GB flash drives lying around somewhere - I had
thought it'd take several 100GBs to do a recording but then I never did
sit down and calculate what I...
Forum: Australia June 20th 11, 08:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By terryc
OT : 23 channels and nothing to watch!

Geoff Lock wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that, I now have 23
channels of crappy digital ****.

ditto. Aren't you just excited about the digital swap over.

Oh well, never mind, I...
Forum: Australia June 16th 11, 07:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By terryc
2 punctures in one ride

Geoff Lock wrote:
On 16/06/2011 12:54 PM, terryc wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

Hm, now that you mentioned them, I had a google and, of cos, they are
available. I have always known of solid...
Forum: Australia June 16th 11, 03:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By terryc
2 punctures in one ride

Geoff Lock wrote:

Hm, now that you mentioned them, I had a google and, of cos, they are
available. I have always known of solid tyres on forklifts and those
solid forklift tyres weigh more...
Forum: Australia June 1st 11, 02:54 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By terryc
Bursting tyres with heavy loading

Travis wrote:

It didn't pop off the rim, it just instantaneously deflated with a
bang, but remained in place. I've since found a hole in the sidewall
which corresponds to the place where it...
Forum: Australia June 1st 11, 02:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By terryc
Bursting tyres with heavy loading

Travis wrote:

The bike is a somewhat heavy one and I weigh about 105kg.

Today my brand new rear tyre and/or tube burst.
This tyre is a 1.25" x 26" thin (ish) mountain bike tyre.

First...
Forum: Australia May 31st 11, 11:16 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By terryc
Grit spatter on legs - what to do about it?

Travis wrote:
The last couple of weeks in Perth have been fairly wet. I've been
rained on quite hard, but the sand and other crap I get spattered with
matters more.

I've ordered some...
Forum: Australia May 28th 11, 07:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 0
Posted By terryc
See, not wearing a helmet is deadly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/28/3229660.htm?section=justin

A man has died shortly after police arrested him on a street in Sydney's
south-west this morning.

Police spotted the man...
Forum: Australia May 22nd 11, 04:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By terryc
Crap brakes in the wet

TimC wrote:

Is it possible that it's a cheap supermarket class mountain bike with
steel wheels?

Steel wheels simply will not ever stop in the rain.

That is simply not true. There is a...
Forum: Australia May 21st 11, 02:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By terryc
Crap brakes in the wet

Travis wrote:
So it's reasonable to expect that your brakes won't work as well when
the rim has been lubricated with water compared to dry conditions,

Yes.

but I was just wondering if there...
Forum: Australia May 12th 11, 07:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By terryc
Sydney drivers at there best !

Rob wrote:
On 11/05/2011 9:02 PM, terryc wrote:
Rob wrote:
On 11/05/2011 5:50 PM, terryc wrote:
BT Humble wrote:

..and I doubt that there were significant numbers of...
Forum: Australia May 11th 11, 12:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

Rob wrote:
On 11/05/2011 5:50 PM, terryc wrote:
BT Humble wrote:

..and I doubt that there were significant numbers of automobiles on
public roads at that time.

And the...
Forum: Australia May 11th 11, 12:00 PM Posted to aus.bicycle