Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Freeman[_2_]
Forum: Social Issues October 22nd 12, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
SFGate stirs the pot with "Hayward cyclist"

On 10/20/2012 6:24 PM, Jonz wrote:
On 10/20/2012 4:36 PM, Don Freeman wrote:
We appear to threaten a few but very vocal
cagers for some reason.

Your last sentence needs to be...
Forum: Social Issues October 21st 12, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
SFGate stirs the pot with "Hayward cyclist"

On 10/16/2012 11:20 PM, Jym Dyer wrote:
[Also Posted to ebbc-talk and sfbike]

=v= I'd say this is a new low. The _San_Francisco_Chronicle_
milked an extremely rare bike/ped death for six...
Forum: Techniques August 25th 11, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles,alt.usage.english
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
OT - Horses: Pets or Meat? [1]

On 8/24/2011 7:58 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Aug 24, 2:24 am, R H wrote:
=?UTF-8?B?IlTCsG0gU2hlcm1AbiI=?= filted:

Anyone have any good recipes for...
Forum: Social Issues August 24th 11, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 23
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Time to Ban Equestrians from Trails

On 8/24/2011 9:58 AM, Jonz wrote:

I appears that I am even more arrogant and self centered
than bicyclists. I really didn't think that was possible but... live and
learn.

Jonz
Forum: Social Issues August 24th 11, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
Replies: 23
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Time to Ban Equestrians from Trails

On 8/23/2011 10:42 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:
On 8/23/2011 2:36 PM, Jonz wrote:
On 8/23/2011 10:42 AM, jcdill wrote:
On 23/08/11 9:27 AM, Jonz wrote:
On 8/22/2011 11:27 PM, jcdill...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 11, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Politics and Lids

On 8/22/2011 6:07 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:
On 8/22/2011 8:01 PM, Don Freeman wrote:

The discussion was specifically about the Golden Gate Park stables.

The discussion is...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 11, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Politics and Lids

On 8/20/2011 6:10 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:
On 8/20/2011 3:10 PM, Don Freeman wrote:
On 8/20/2011 10:22 AM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:
On 8/20/2011 11:09 AM, jcdill wrote:

voter...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 11, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Politics and Lids

On 8/20/2011 10:22 AM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:
On 8/20/2011 11:09 AM, jcdill wrote:

voter approved 1998’s Proposition J, It urged the Recreation and Park
Department to allocate existing...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 11, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Simitian Cell Phone Bill Goes to California Governor, Adds Bicycliststo Ban, Raises Fines

On 8/16/2011 8:19 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:

Pedestrians should have license plates to walk/run in public, so they
stop getting away with injuring cyclists by jaywalking and crossing
against...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 11, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Simitian Cell Phone Bill Goes to California Governor, Adds Bicycliststo Ban, Raises Fines

On 8/16/2011 6:27 PM, Jonz wrote:

This has got to be a first. Ben, you are amazing. A bicyclist actually
admitting to coming close to being hit by another bicyclist while making
illegal...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 11, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Simitian Cell Phone Bill Goes to California Governor, Adds Bicycliststo Ban, Raises Fines

On 8/16/2011 6:08 PM, "T°m Sherm@n" wrote:

I have a relative whose car was rear-ended at a red light by a college
girl who was riding a bicycle while texting.

Which is just stupidity,...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 11, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 126
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Simitian Cell Phone Bill Goes to California Governor, Adds Bicycliststo Ban, Raises Fines

On 8/16/2011 7:10 PM, Jonz wrote:

This brings up another pet peeve of mine. Bicycles need to be licensed
by the DMV and display a license plate just like a motorcycle. This
might cut down on...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 11, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast
Replies: 253
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

SMS wrote:
On 7/27/2011 8:29 AM, Don Freeman wrote:
SMS wrote:
On 7/26/2011 5:21 PM, Don Freeman wrote:
SMS wrote:
risky behavior like obesity, cutting cheese, etc.

Did...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 11, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast

SMS wrote:
risky behavior like obesity, cutting cheese, etc.

Did you really just write that?

Sorry, but according to an ER...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 11, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast

--
__
(oO) www.cosmoslair.com
Replies: 253
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

SMS wrote:
On 7/26/2011 9:14 AM, Don Freeman wrote:

They weren't much in the way of debates as it was just the two hucksters
from each side trying to outsell the other with bull****.

Forum: Techniques July 26th 11, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast
Replies: 253
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

SMS wrote:
On 7/26/2011 8:17 AM, Don Freeman wrote:

Good example of why SMSbuster inhabits quite a few killfiles.

LOL, is he still posting here?I though that after he lost the HD
Radio...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 11, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast
Replies: 253
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

N8N wrote:
On Jul 25, 8:21 pm, SMSbuster wrote:
On Jul 25, 8:13 pm, Phil Kane wrote:
I wouldn't wish that sort of injury on anyone - or...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 11, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.broadcast
Replies: 253
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Helmet Debate In San Francisco on KGO this morning

John Higdon wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

It's very bad that the debate on helmets has moved from facts and logic
Forum: Techniques May 26th 11, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 448
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Impressions from Bike to Work Day

On 5/25/2011 7:34 PM, Don Freeman wrote:
On 5/22/2011 10:35 PM, Chalo wrote:

Here's a credible recipe:
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/06/cold-brewed/

I use my usual ludicrously heaping...
Forum: Techniques May 26th 11, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 448
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Impressions from Bike to Work Day

On 5/22/2011 10:35 PM, Chalo wrote:

Here's a credible recipe:
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/06/cold-brewed/

I use my usual ludicrously heaping tablespoon per cup into a French
press. I...
Forum: Techniques May 22nd 11, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 448
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Impressions from Bike to Work Day

On 5/18/2011 1:26 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

One of those incidents involved a Professor of English. He was a bit
amazed and very grateful. (It proved to me that mechanical aptitude
is not...
Forum: Techniques May 22nd 11, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 448
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
OT - Kitty-Cats

On 5/17/2011 5:16 PM, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 5/17/2011 2:58 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:

There you go, I always thought you were a tea person. Are you a cat
person too?

My...
Forum: Social Issues December 4th 10, 09:37 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 3
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
San Jose Set to End Mandatory Bicycle Licensing

On 11/30/2010 7:10 AM, SMS wrote:
On 11/29/2010 11:19 PM, Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
In ,
wrote:

It's likely...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 10, 08:38 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Don Freeman[_2_]
Rear Rack Extra Long Seat Stay Brackets--Do Any Bike Shops SellThem?

SMS wrote:
On 21/07/10 11:18 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

snip

It's also not necessary to be rude to someone who is trying to help you.

You're right, but I get tired of people that feel...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49