Showing results 1 to 25 of 319
Search took 1.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RobertH
Forum: General September 28th 11, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By RobertH
Sidewalks, bikes, & civil engineering

On Sep 26, 9:30 am, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I also think it's likely that most of the rule-flouting cyclists figured
they were being really smart - i.e. much smarter...
Forum: Techniques September 28th 11, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 142

wrote:

I also think it's likely that most of the rule-flouting cyclists figured
they were being really smart - i.e. much smarter...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 11, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By RobertH
OT Back on the Track

On Sep 11, 4:02 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
The kid is 6'5" about 210 and can
really generate some HP, but endurance is about two laps, so I'm going
to start him on a gear...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 11, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 182
Posted By RobertH
The comforts of a carbon fiber frame

On Jul 21, 11:15*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:

For anything similar to a classic frame design, vertical frame
deflection is very small compared with vertical tire...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 21st 11, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 11:20 am, AMuzi wrote:

meh. Both natural flora and fauna kill humans too:

Yes but not often enough to make any real positve difference.

In all seriousness, the...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 11, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 11:20 am, AMuzi wrote:

meh. Both natural flora and fauna kill humans too:

Yes but not often enough to make any real positve difference.

In all seriousness, the...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 21st 11, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 11:20 am, AMuzi wrote:

meh. Both natural flora and fauna kill humans too:

Yes but not often enough to make any real positve difference.

In all seriousness, the...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 11, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 4:49 pm, Michael Press wrote:

Besides that, horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably have
the right to go wherever they want to.

Horses...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 21st 11, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 4:49 pm, Michael Press wrote:

Besides that, horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably have
the right to go wherever they want to.

Horses...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 21st 11, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 4:49 pm, Michael Press wrote:

Besides that, horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably have
the right to go wherever they want to.

Horses...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 20th 11, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 10:27 am, SMS wrote:
On 7/19/2011 11:09 PM, RobertH wrote:

It's true that mtn bikers reach farther into the woods, thereby
creating more impact than...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 10:27 am, SMS wrote:
On 7/19/2011 11:09 PM, RobertH wrote:

It's true that mtn bikers reach farther into the woods, thereby
creating more impact than...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 20th 11, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 10:27 am, SMS wrote:
On 7/19/2011 11:09 PM, RobertH wrote:

It's true that mtn bikers reach farther into the woods, thereby
creating more impact than...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 20th 11, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 7:13 am, James wrote:
On Jul 20, 4:54 pm, RobertH wrote:

If we're going to be really honest with ourselves, and I don't suppose
we...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 7:13 am, James wrote:
On Jul 20, 4:54 pm, RobertH wrote:

If we're going to be really honest with ourselves, and I don't suppose
we...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 20th 11, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 20, 7:13 am, James wrote:
On Jul 20, 4:54 pm, RobertH wrote:

If we're going to be really honest with ourselves, and I don't suppose
we...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 20th 11, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 8
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS. I wrote the ONLY scientific paper on the subject. Every allegedly
"scientific" paper written by a mountain biker was...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 20th 11, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS. I wrote the ONLY scientific paper on the subject. Every allegedly
"scientific" paper written by a mountain biker was...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 18, 9:00 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

BS. I wrote the ONLY scientific paper on the subject. Every allegedly
"scientific" paper written by a mountain biker was...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 11, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 128
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 14, 2:38 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Jul 14, 1:02 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

On 7/14/2011 10:48 AM, SMS wrote:

On 7/12/2011...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 20th 11, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 186
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 14, 2:38 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Jul 14, 1:02 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

On 7/14/2011 10:48 AM, SMS wrote:

On 7/12/2011...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 20th 11, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By RobertH
habitat

On Jul 14, 2:38 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Jul 14, 1:02 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

On 7/14/2011 10:48 AM, SMS wrote:

On 7/12/2011...
Forum: Racing July 3rd 11, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 68
Posted By RobertH
And the Tour is off to an interesting start

On Jul 2, 8:04*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 2, 6:50*pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Jul 2, 4:53*pm, atriage wrote:

On...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 11, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By RobertH
MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

On Jun 27, 7:44 am, Peter Cole wrote:

I think you need to discriminate between long and short term. Dumping a
3 day supply isn't going to change anything long term.

It...
Forum: Techniques June 29th 11, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By RobertH
MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

On Jun 26, 8:15 am, Peter Cole wrote:

Sure, oil production will/has peak at some time, but that isn't really
the problem facing summer vacationers. Volatility is bad for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 319