Showing results 1 to 25 of 147
Search took 2.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cicero Venatio
Forum: Mountain Biking January 15th 13, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By Cicero Venatio
A mountainbiker has been taken to Southland Hospital afterinjuring himself during a practice run

Evolution in action!
--------

the last I heard of you, you were headed to prison, when did you get
out?
Forum: Racing October 24th 12, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Cicero Venatio
LeMond stands alone..

Greg LeMond now stands alone as America's greatest cyclist. I wonder
if Trek is reconsidering their attitude towards him. The last time
LeMond was involved with Trek he got sucker punched in the...
Forum: Racing October 22nd 12, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Cicero Venatio
turn out the lights....

It's finally over. The older you get, you realize that life is filled
with illusions. The smart are not really that smart, the fast and
strong are really not fast and strong. The happy are not...
Forum: Racing October 18th 12, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Nike dumps Armstrong

Are they going to give back all the money they made off him? Maybe I
should get a refund on my TREK.
-------------
I've already asked that question as I bought a 1999 Trek 5200 (31,000+
miles),...
Forum: Racing October 17th 12, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Nike dumps Armstrong

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/1272672--lance-armstrong-dumped...

J. Spaceman
---------
It Trek dumps him too, then he'll have to get a job. Mario Cipollini
is a shoe salesman, but...
Forum: Racing October 11th 12, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Should we apologize to LeMond?

My God, I feel like all of us owe Greg LeMond, the only American to
win the Tour de France, an apology. We called him fat, nuts, a thief,
all because he examined Armstong's riding and concluded he...
Forum: Racing August 28th 12, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Cicero Venatio
how do I get those 7 years back??

Lance shrugs it off, but how does a fan, such as myself, get those
seven months back (1 month per tour)? Damn all of them, they scammed
us all.
Forum: Racing August 28th 12, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Ullrich seems not interested

Ullrich has yet to post anything on his Yahoo sports blog.

Coz
------------------
Gabby, his ex, cleaned him out years ago. As long as he gets his
bottle of wine after a long night of waiting...
Forum: Racing August 24th 12, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Cicero Venatio
So who did win those 7 tours?

Anyone compiled the new list of 7 winners of the vacated Lance tour
wins? Party at LeMonds place tonight. Can I have that stack of
benjamins I gave Trek for their 5200 model in 2000 returned to...
Forum: Racing July 12th 12, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Is it just me?

The peloton this year is filled with zombies.
Forum: Racing July 6th 12, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Cavendish

Oh my, I just did a monster yawn just now thinking about the tdf. Why
is it so boring now, to the point I kept dozing off from shear
boredom. Bring back those drug fueled teams that so dominated in...
Forum: Racing June 18th 12, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Fignon "the professor" on doping...

Fignon on doping,

copied excerpt--

In the book, Fignon admitted to doping, describing drug-taking in the
1980s as widespread. He said it was recreational rather than
performance-enhancing -- aided...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 12, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Fignon "the professor" on doping...

Fignon on doping,

copied excerpt--

In the book, Fignon admitted to doping, describing drug-taking in the
1980s as widespread. He said it was recreational rather than
performance-enhancing -- aided...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 12, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Cicero Venatio
LeMond finally triumphs...

This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to...
Forum: Racing June 14th 12, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Cicero Venatio
LeMond finally triumphs...

This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to...
Forum: Racing March 9th 12, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Phil Liggett

he lost interest in cycling, when finally grew up and got a life.
Forum: Mountain Biking February 24th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 5
Posted By Cicero Venatio
ANOTHER Helicopter Rescue of a Mountain Biker

On Feb 24, 11:47*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!
-----------
After reading your posts I have decided to keep my mtb on dirt roads,
I don't want to die.
Forum: Racing February 24th 12, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 38
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Agreed: LeMond was the greatest

Can we all agree now that Greg LeMond was America's greatest Tour
rider?
Forum: Techniques February 24th 12, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Cicero Venatio
the Berkley environment creep

Haven't been following the cycling groups for years after I realized
all the racing crap was as fictional as the WWF, but I wondered what
happened to that Berkley creep that attacked mountain bikers...
Forum: Racing February 8th 12, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Cicero Venatio
some still watch boxing

and some even still watch cycling events. Some people like being
fooled, otherwise magicians wouldn't have an audience either.
Forum: Techniques November 14th 11, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Cicero Venatio
secure bike at occupy sites?

If I was to ride from occupy city to occupy city, what would be the
best way to secure the bike?
Forum: Techniques October 26th 11, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Cicero Venatio
The NEW ride is GREAT

I have been riding "THE BEAST" for a while now and it just seems to
get better and better each day!!!!!

-----------
Utility bikes seem to be the latest rage.
Forum: Techniques September 29th 11, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Cicero Venatio
Any news on Jobst Brandt?

On Sep 28, 11:36*am, Garry Lee wrote:
Is he well, recovering after his crash some months ago?

The fact that there hasn't been a post from him says volumes I fear.
You know he no...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 11, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Cicero Venatio
a niche needs to be filled...

AMuzi wrote:
Cicero Venatio wrote:
I always thought everything that could be put on a bike has been
thought of and produced, except when I looked for a carbon fiber kick
stand. Doesn't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 147