Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Garry Jones
Forum: Techniques September 9th 11, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Garry Jones
Chain width?

Sorry I meant Sprocket not chain...

Campagnolo 8-speed cassette sprockets are spaced at 5.0mm, 9-speed at
4.55mm, and 10-speed at 4.12mm.

Shimano 7-speed cassettes are spaced at 5mm, 8-speed at...
Forum: Techniques September 9th 11, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Garry Jones
Putting on Campag 10 speed with old fashioned Chain Tool

"John B." wrote in message

I don't know. maybe they have 'um standing in line......

Sorry John - my irony seems to have been lost there,...
Forum: Techniques September 9th 11, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Garry Jones
Putting on Campag 10 speed with old fashioned Chain Tool

"John B." wrote ...

I asked about the possibility of the chain breaking and they told me that
they had never had a customer return with a complaint about a chain that
they had...
Forum: Techniques September 8th 11, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Garry Jones
Putting on Campag 10 speed with old fashioned Chain Tool

Thanks for the answers. I have decided to change the chain. I can't find the
link and all this was new to me. I have not removed a chain for cleaning for
years but it was very dirty. I just...
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 11, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By Garry Jones
You know you are a cyclist when......

"Opus" wrote in message

Yeah that's one of the ones you might want to killfile, along with
Mikey and his incessant...
Forum: General September 8th 11, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc

"Opus" wrote in message

Yeah that's one of the ones you might want to killfile, along with
Mikey and his incessant...
Forum: Techniques September 8th 11, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Garry Jones
Putting on Campag 10 speed with old fashioned Chain Tool

I cleaned my Campag 10 speed chain today. I removed it from the bike the old
fashioned way with a std chain tool that I used to use on 6-speed and
7-speed chains. It leaves the rivet sticking out a...
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 11, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By Garry Jones
You know you are a cyclist when......

"Garry Jones" wrote in message hope to catch some
old friends and make some new ones.

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message Usenet newsgroups are NOT for making
friends....
Forum: General September 8th 11, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By Garry Jones
You know you are a cyclist when......

"Garry Jones" wrote in message hope to catch some
old friends and make some new ones.

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message Usenet newsgroups are NOT for making
friends....
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 11, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By Garry Jones
You know you are a cyclist when......

Just when you thought all had been said on this subject I think I have the
ultimate...

Drum roll....

"You know you are a cyclist when you find yourself leading a group of
cyclists down a mountain...
Forum: General September 8th 11, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc