Showing results 1 to 25 of 390
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JeffWills
Forum: Techniques May 10th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JeffWills
Is this the next "MA-2" rim?

On May 9, 11:09*am, jim wrote:

My polished 700C CR-18 rear rim has been abused for more than 5 years
and is finally starting fail along the braking area.

Forum: Techniques April 19th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By JeffWills
Will an old Shimano RD-1050 6sp work with 8sp cassette?

On Apr 17, 7:55*pm, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:
On Apr 17, 7:15 pm, JeffWills wrote:

On Apr 16, 1:30 pm, Ozark Bicycle
Forum: Techniques April 18th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By JeffWills
Will an old Shimano RD-1050 6sp work with 8sp cassette?

On Apr 16, 1:30*pm, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:
On Apr 16, 12:09 pm, "* * Chas" wrote:

Will an old Shimano RD-1050 or RD-1055 6...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By JeffWills
"Air Free Tires" ?

On Apr 14, 5:32*pm, wrote:
Anyone ever try those "air free tires"?

www.airfreetires.com

In a way, this sounds like a product of my dreams, but I suspect it
may cause...
Forum: Techniques April 8th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By JeffWills
Looking for a yellow helmet

On Apr 7, 9:37*pm, BCDrums wrote:
Chalo wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
Each spring I keep an eye peeled for a yellow helmet, and I don't see
any. I'm thinking of a Pearl...
Forum: Techniques April 4th 08, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By JeffWills
Cyclo Sturmey Adapters

On Apr 3, 3:50*am, meb
wrote:
Had come accross the Cyclo Adapters that place a 3 or 2 sprocket cluster
on the Sturmey 3 speeds. *How did they both lock...
Forum: Techniques March 29th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By JeffWills
how can sti's be used on mtn hardlebars

On Mar 28, 8:22*pm, A Muzi wrote:
gandalf wrote:
how can this be done, what is needed to convert the sti's

Conversion? Uh, no conversion...
Forum: Techniques March 6th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By JeffWills
Shimano chainring 50T

I don't think Shimano makes a 50t outer. I've had good luck with FSA
rings on my Ultegra crank:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?&d=single&item_id=FS-RR50AG

Jeff
Forum: Techniques February 28th 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By JeffWills
Reliable mail-order sources of components/frames/accessories?

On Feb 27, 11:06*am, A Muzi wrote:

Wanna be more specific? http://www.yellowjersey.org/hardware.html
--

Like Andy said- not all vendors carry everything on the planet-...
Forum: Techniques February 13th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 12, 7:50*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
That's a religious question.

Do you prefer nice smiling Buddhists or crazed hostage-beheading
moslems? Either...
Forum: Techniques February 8th 08, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By JeffWills
NHMBS this weekend

On Feb 7, 9:06*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Michael Baldwin wrote:
..just a reminder...

Of this? http://www.handmadebicycleshow.com/2008/

Darn tootin'!
Forum: Techniques February 7th 08, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By JeffWills
Sheldon Brown Memorial Ride

Damn, when I saw this I assumed it would be in MA, Sheldon's area.
I'm up in NH and would go down to Boston for one of these (it'd be my
first benefit/organized group ride)...
Forum: General February 5th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 200
Posted By JeffWills
Sheldon Brown, 1944-2008

On Feb 4, 11:43*am, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

Indeed it is a sad day.

I had hoped to meet him in person this summer. Now I won't get...
Forum: Racing February 5th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 212
Posted By JeffWills
Sheldon Brown, 1944-2008

On Feb 4, 11:43*am, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

Indeed it is a sad day.

I had hoped to meet him in person this summer. Now I won't get...
Forum: Techniques February 5th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 196
Posted By JeffWills
Sheldon Brown, 1944-2008

On Feb 4, 11:43*am, Robert Chung wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/

RIP.

Indeed it is a sad day.

I had hoped to meet him in person this summer. Now I won't get...
Forum: Techniques February 2nd 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By JeffWills
land speed record for dummies...

On Feb 1, 3:46*am, wrote:
hey folks! long time listener,first time caller. sept 07 your group
discussed demi-fond(motor pacing) I'm going to a salt lake speed meet
in...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 08, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By JeffWills
Chainwheels sizes available

On Jan 30, 4:26*pm, Tom Sherman spake thusly:

My RANS Rocket (ISO 406-mm drive wheel) came stock with a
62/52/39-tooth, 130-mm BCD crank.

Yep, dem recumbents got some big...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 08, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By JeffWills
Need advice for Community Bicycle Project

I think all of this has been done (and more) by Portland's Community
Cycling Center:
http://www.communitycyclingcenter.org/

Jeff
Forum: Techniques January 27th 08, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By JeffWills
Speed-record double-reduction jack-shafts

On Jan 26, 5:52*pm, wrote:
Bicycle land-speed record photos show the chain-rings getting bigger
and bigger until the chain is out past the pedals.

With only a front and...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By JeffWills
Metallica Rules RBT!

On Jan 26, 3:18*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Disturbance in progress. Please do not test.

*You're* disturbed??

Jeff
Forum: Techniques January 25th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech, uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By JeffWills
slipping rear axle on cargobike with schlumpf drive

On Jan 24, 3:55*pm, A Muzi wrote:

I agree lubrication and proper torque are probably the right solution.

SRAM Super Sevens are sensitive to right side axle spacing,...
Forum: UK January 25th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech, uk.rec.cycling

On Jan 24, 3:55*pm, A Muzi wrote:

I agree lubrication and proper torque are probably the right solution.

SRAM Super Sevens are sensitive to right side axle spacing,...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 23rd 08, 02:22 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By JeffWills
NAILED BY NISSAN TRUCK RIDING MY LOWRACER VK2 RECUMBENT!

On Jan 21, 2:06*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

OT: *I shattered my tibia and fibula yesterday skiing. *I wasn't doing
anything stupid. *My binding should have released,but it...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 08, 02:22 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By JeffWills
NAILED BY NISSAN TRUCK RIDING MY LOWRACER VK2 RECUMBENT!

On Jan 21, 2:06*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

OT: *I shattered my tibia and fibula yesterday skiing. *I wasn't doing
anything stupid. *My binding should have released,but it...
Forum: Techniques January 17th 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By JeffWills
Avid Road Disc Brakes

On Jan 16, 7:17*pm, wrote:
What is the difference between the Avid Road and Mountain disc brakes?
I would presume the only difference is the cable pull as the road
discs...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 390