Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cully J
Forum: Social Issues September 22nd 11, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 1
Posted By Cully J
Miles a day for messenger?

Hello,

I'm curious if anybody her knows how many miles a bike messenger rides
on an average day?

Thanks,
Cullen
www.facebook.com/cullen.carter3
Forum: Social Issues May 5th 11, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 8
Posted By Cully J
Does President Obama Have a Bicycle?

You'll quickly learn that he's not a - GASP - helmet wearer!
Forum: Social Issues May 5th 11, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 8
Posted By Cully J
Does President Obama Have a Bicycle?

On May 4, 8:11*pm, Jeff wrote:
If so, which kind? Brand? Model?. How about his wife and daughters. Do they
ever ride anywhere?

- Jeff,www.reframer.com

I don't know what...
Forum: UK December 8th 10, 04:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Cully J
why do cyclists think that they don't need lights at night?

I have no problem with this. As a cyclist, it's common knowledge to
use a light at night. I don't have a problem with the government
making money off of idiots.

I'm actually very surprised that 33...
Forum: UK October 28th 10, 02:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Cully J
Lock up your pavements, anachronisms are on the rise!

Hello,

Can they draw a parallel between the number of bicycles produced and
number of people actually riding bicycles? I know people who own nice
unridden bikes that are just locked away in the...
Forum: General August 11th 10, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Cully J
Increase in Bicycle Parts and Accessories in Mass MarketRetailers

On Aug 10, 3:34*pm, SMS wrote:
Just got back from a two week road trip vacation and we brought the
bicycles and did some rides in Minnesota, Montana, and Idaho.

On...
Forum: General August 9th 10, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Cully J
Ky. gives $80K for Licking greenway

On Aug 8, 12:58*pm, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Ky. gives $80K for Licking greenway
By Scott Wartman ? ? August 6, 2010

"COVINGTON -The stateof Kentucky gave...
Forum: Rides August 9th 10, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Cully J
Ky. gives $80K for Licking greenway

On Aug 8, 12:58*pm, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Ky. gives $80K for Licking greenway
By Scott Wartman ? ? August 6, 2010

"COVINGTON -The stateof Kentucky gave...
Forum: General July 17th 10, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Cully J
Headphones

Even though he was wearing headphones, and couldn't HEAR the train, It
seem unusual that he didn't, at least, SEE it!

Cullen

On Jul 17, 2:17*pm, wrote:
Forum: General July 16th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 32
Posted By Cully J
Almost collided with a bicyclist today

I totally understand about drivers talking on their phones. Luckily,It
seems that many drivers now have car-phones that enable you to talk
outloud while driving with both hands one the steering...
Forum: General March 6th 10, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Cully J
Helmet Bill in Colorado to be Signed by Governor Recuperating?from Injuries in a Bicycle Crash

On Mar 6, 1:24*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
I'm looking forward to a general helmet law so that all children
attending schools and preschools are protected against falls, be they
Forum: Techniques March 5th 10, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Cully J
Camper Bike

On Mar 5, 10:09*am, Mister2u wrote:
Sorry no how to just...
Forum: Techniques February 24th 10, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Cully J
Bicycling by candlelight?

When the weather gets better - soon, I hope - I'm interested in
attempted some night rides by candlelight.

I found these candle lanterns [http://www.candles4less.com/
candleholders/Candle-Lantern]...
Forum: Social Issues October 13th 09, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Posted By Cully J
A bicycle's "fuel" efficiency!

On Oct 13, 5:43*pm, Jym Dyer wrote:
Still, my tricycle's "MPGs" (which, from now on, I'll refer
to as MPB [ miles per banana] ) is 23 MPBs, at least.

=v= You run a major...
Forum: Social Issues October 13th 09, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Posted By Cully J
A bicycle's "fuel" efficiency!

On Oct 13, 9:55*am, Opus wrote:
On Oct 12, 8:09 pm, " wrote:

snip
Maybe they could record the amount of food they eat, and...
Forum: Recumbent Biking October 2nd 09, 02:08 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 6
Posted By Cully J
Triton trikes?

On Oct 1, 5:38*pm, Luddite Wacko wrote:
wrote:
} Hello,
}
} Target carries a trike brand that's totally new to me:http://www.
} asaproducts.com/.
Forum: Social Issues September 21st 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Posted By Cully J
Centuries?

On Sep 20, 7:39*pm, Norman wrote:
On Sep 20, 6:39*pm, " wrote:

Hello,

Are century rides (i.e. 100 miles) usually done...
Forum: General September 11th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Cully J
Bike trainer question

On Sep 11, 2:14*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"Captain America" wrote in message

Forum: Rides August 27th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Cully J
Tour de Pink Atlanta October 17, 2009

On Aug 27, 1:00*pm, Lindsay wrote:
Spread the word on this ride!

Young Survival Coalition's Tour de Pink Atlanta

Atlanta's Only Bike Ride for Breast Cancer

October...
Forum: General August 21st 09, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Cully J
Minnesota pickup truck/cyclist altercation...

On 2009-08-20, wrote:
Forum: Techniques August 18th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By Cully J
Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

On Aug 18, 3:03*pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Originally Posted by mr,grumpy
"I live in a strange little city where the only people that typicly
ride bikes (olther than...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 18th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Cully J
Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

On Aug 18, 3:03*pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Originally Posted by mr,grumpy
"I live in a strange little city where the only people that typicly
ride bikes (olther than...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Cully J
Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

On Aug 18, 3:03*pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Originally Posted by mr,grumpy
"I live in a strange little city where the only people that typicly
ride bikes (olther than...
Forum: General August 18th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Cully J
Burgerville Drive-Thru’s Are Now Bike Friendly

On Aug 16, 7:08*pm, Ablang wrote:

I once went to the drive thru of a Chick-fil-A on my bike and they
didn’t even bat an eyelash.

I once did the same thing to a Shift...
Forum: General August 17th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Cully J
3-speed brands?

On Aug 17, 5:56*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

Can somebody please share the brand names of some reputable 3-speed
bicycle manufacturers.

Thanks,
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68