Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PJay
Forum: Techniques May 8th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By PJay
Correct way to fit cartridge bottom brackets

"Lou Holtman" wrote in message
PJay wrote:

It's strange how torque wrenches and bikes seem to polarise people, when
I posted about...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 07, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By PJay
Correct way to fit cartridge bottom brackets

"Lou Holtman" wrote in message
Orin wrote:

Yes, most mechanics claim to have developed a feel for the correct
torque. Which...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By PJay
Correct way to fit cartridge bottom brackets

I'm trying to develop a feel for fitting cartridge bottom brackets
(Octalink). Shimano specs. state that both the cartridge and non-driveside
adapter should be torqued to between 50-70Nm. I have a...
Forum: General May 7th 07, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By PJay
Fitting cartridge BB - how to get it right

Thanks all,

I've used a torque wrench in the past but it's an old second hand one so
quite possibly not that accurate, rather than go blindy by what it says it
feel like a good idea to start to...
Forum: General May 6th 07, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By PJay
Fitting cartridge BB - how to get it right

Thanks,

I've used a torque wrench in the past but when I mention it I'm often told
that you don't need a toruqe wrench or that I should learn to develop a
'feel'. Most of the maintenance books...
Forum: General May 5th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By PJay
Fitting cartridge BB - how to get it right

I'm trying to develop a feel for fitting cartridge bottom brackets
(Octalink). Shimano specs. state that both the cartridge and non-driveside
adapter should be torqued to between 50-70Nm.

Is it...
Forum: Techniques May 5th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By PJay
Fitting cartridge bottom brackets

Oddly I've found that axle stiffness doesn't occur at all if I replace the
resin adapter with an alloy one, no idea why this works though.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques May 4th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By PJay
Fitting cartridge bottom brackets

I've looked a bit closer at things. If I fit the cartridge (driveside) and
tighten it up to about 60Nm as per the spec. and then tighten the
non-driveside cup, tightening the cup also seems to...
Forum: Techniques May 4th 07, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By PJay
Fitting cartridge bottom brackets

I've notice some discrepancies between the Park website and my copy of Zinn
regarding fitting catridge BBs.

Zinn says to screw in the non-driveside cup a couple of turns, thread in the
cartridge...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 06, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By PJay
Mavic XM719 and schrader valves problem

I've bought a pair of wheels using Mavic XM719 rims and getting schrader
valves through the drilling is proving to be a tight fit (and yes I have
removed the presta adapter!).

Schrader valves seem...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10