Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dangerlaef
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney Ride - sunday 11th Jan

unicycle6869;1170242 wrote:
OK, sounds good. Let's try doing the whole loop if we can. I will just
use my 20" if no one has an extra one. About how long will it take to do
the whole loop? So...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney Ride - sunday 11th Jan

dangerdog;1170127 wrote:
I'm good for Friday,if we were riding a more open trail I would have
ridden my 36 and unicycle6869 could have had my 24 but Manly Dam is
mostly too tight and technical...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney Ride - sunday 11th Jan

OK, afterwork Manly Dam ride.

Wednesday or Friday.

I normally MUni the final Downhill leg with two technical sections,
starting at Monserra Rd.. opposite Jennifer Ave, Allambie.
but any input is...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney Ride - sunday 11th Jan

matty_porter;1167305 wrote:
scrap that date, its on saturday now it 9.30am, same place. be there.

make a vid ay? ;)

I was there, didn't see anybody :0

I met James @ Cirular Quay & watched...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By dangerlaef
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

MuniAddict;1165936 wrote:
Me too! I'd rather use my trials for that, lol!;) Although that might be
fun come to think of it..."shoe grinding!"

Sounds like you need Grind shoes ;)...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By dangerlaef
Pictures of your latest ride

Mt Kosciusko,
Australia's Highest/flatest peak. A modest 2228 metres / 7310...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By dangerlaef
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

Remember guys,
the original post is about the type of foam in the helmet,
not the shape of the helmet.

Thanks for all the replies though.

--
dangerlaef
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By dangerlaef
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

harper;1152271 wrote:
Polls on this forum annoy me. Nothing ever comes from them.

Sorry to annoy you.

I would dispute that "nothing ever comes from them."

I'm happy with the response,
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By dangerlaef
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

maestro8;1152151 wrote:
let me save everyone some time he
snip
etc. etc. etc.

tldr
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By dangerlaef
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

_Ground_Zero_;1152147 wrote:
I use a skate helmet. Protects more around my head and it looks much
much better imo.

Really I'm not as interested in the shape, as if it's a EPS (hard...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By dangerlaef
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

results, please visit...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By dangerlaef
Pictures of your latest ride

Bungonia Gorge, NSW Australia.

The gorge is 300 metres deep, 800 metres long and only 76 metres wide.
Kind of spectacular.

That's 300m of carrying my MUni to get back out of course...
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney to Wollongong 2008

The video of my ride:
YouTube - Sydney to
Wollongong by Unicycle 2008

Unfortunately I didn't get any video of Geoff's more epic journey.

--
dangerlaef
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Unigurd;1128215 wrote:
This thread is for showing your favorite pictures of you doing tricks or
riding... just pictures of you on your uni. there probably is another
thread like this, but it...
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney to Wollongong 2008

Mission accomplished..

I completed 56km through the Royal National Park's hilly terrain in 7
hours on a Nimbus 29"

Geoff rode the 90k course in 9 hours on his 36".. we think he is the
first...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney to Wollongong 2008

Thanks for the replies guys,

I'm riding a 29" & expect to take around 8 hours for the ride,
including breaks.
So I was hoping to start early, perhaps 6 or 7am from Heathcote.

I think Geoff was...
Forum: Unicycling September 23rd 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney to Wollongong 2008

bump.

--
dangerlaef

Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By dangerlaef
Sydney to Wollongong 2008

Hi folks,

I ran into Geoff in Manly on Saturday, who spotted me wheeling my 29"
through the crowds.

He told me of a group of Unis riding in the Multiple Sclerosis
Australia charity ride on 2nd...
Forum: Unicycling September 4th 08, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By dangerlaef
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I finally got to use my favourite comeback line on Tuesday night:

"Loose a wheel, mate?"

"Nah mate.. I found one"

--
dangerlaef
Forum: Unicycling July 22nd 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Best.Thread.Ever.

--
dangerlaef

Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia
Forum: Unicycling May 19th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By dangerlaef
Unicycle silliohette/art (i dont know how to spell silliohetee)

Unisykolist wrote:
i dont know how to spell silliohetee

If only there was an electronic research device that could connect you
to a database with lots of different information including...
Forum: Unicycling April 4th 08, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By dangerlaef
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

blastoff99 wrote:
His reply: "Oh. I thought you were mad at me or something."

???

He must've read this thread.
Forum: Unicycling January 30th 08, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By dangerlaef
Best Photos of 2007

Tyler_N wrote:
here are a couple of my favorites of me

park near my house
[image:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/eatmyfoot6/tylers%20pics/wall.jpg]
Forum: Unicycling January 25th 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By dangerlaef
NSW junky

Bike Psycho wrote:
Hey 1wheelwonder.
I live in newcastle and I do muni at Glenrock State Conservation Area,
Ourimbah State forest and just general riding and mucking about around
Newcastle...
Forum: Unicycling January 20th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By dangerlaef
"Masters Athlete" Magazine feature!

John Long?
Not THE John Long, author & co-author of all those climbing books?

Say Hi for me.. his anchor tutorials have saved my life on occasion :)

--
dangerlaef

Oceania had always been at...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39