Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: G8RRPH
Forum: General October 2nd 06, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By G8RRPH
weight training and cycling- advice please

Here are my plans, please feel free to shred, then reconfigure.

More time on the bike, less in spin class. Yes, I know spinning is
second to riding, but my constraints include caring for my...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 06, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By G8RRPH
Changing over to ceramic bearings.

I think this discussion has taken a very interesting turn. I must
admit ignorance on a great deal of the conversation as it is out of my
scope, but I do find it compelling. What advice do the...
Forum: General September 29th 06, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By G8RRPH
weight training and cycling- advice please

I have been squating 135#, 10 reps, 4 sets, then hitting the press
machine doing 300-360#, 10-12 reps, 4 sets, then leg extensions, 3
sets, 10-12 reps 120 pound, back to the leg press machine, 320#...
Forum: General September 29th 06, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By G8RRPH
weight training and cycling- advice please

I have been squating 135#, 10 reps, 4 sets, then hitting the press
machine doing 300-360#, 10-12 reps, 4 sets, then leg extensions, 3
sets, 10-12 reps 120 pound, back to the leg press machine, 320#...
Forum: General September 26th 06, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By G8RRPH
weight training and cycling- advice please

I am back in the saddle for about 6 months after about 5 years off, and
have been spinning quite a bit (until recently the only time I could
ride was midday, too hot in Fla, and yes I know it's hot...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 06, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By G8RRPH
Changing over to ceramic bearings.

I can afford the around $200 to retrofit my bike, but I like working on
my bike, cleaning it, tuning it etc., so if I am doing this anyway it's
not a big deal to make the switch. I am reentering...
Forum: Techniques September 18th 06, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By G8RRPH
Changing over to ceramic bearings.

3/16" SiN4 5 for $4, for the Zr and Al, 10 for $3.50, same grades.

G8RRPH wrote:
FWIW, I was at Boca bearings dot com, they have:
1/4" silicon nitride (Si3N4) bearings, 5 for $5 US (grade 5)
Forum: Techniques September 18th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By G8RRPH
Changing over to ceramic bearings.

FWIW, I was at Boca bearings dot com, they have:
1/4" silicon nitride (Si3N4) bearings, 5 for $5 US (grade 5)
1/4" alumina or zircon, 10 for $4 US (grade 10)

5/16" Si3N4, $9 for 5, Al and Zr, $7...
Forum: Techniques September 17th 06, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By G8RRPH
Changing over to ceramic bearings.

I had not expected the cynicism on a new, now getting cheaper,
technology that is being used by the pro peloton, is popular among
remote control car and aviation enthusiasts, and is used in...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 06, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By G8RRPH
Changing over to ceramic bearings.

I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted their bike to aftermarket
ceramic bearings? How hard would it be if one were to get the properly
sized sealed bearing to do this one their own? I used to...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10