Cycling on London’s Euston Road is still a terrifying experience - LONG by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: The New Road, which skirted the northern boundaries of London’s built up area, first opened in the 1750s. Originally, it was intended to link up...
A127 crash: 'Sensitive and kind' cyclist hit and killed by drugdriver in crash near Wickford by Simon Mason[_6_]
Another drugged up killer driver caught and jailed. QUOTE: A drug driver has been jailed after he crashed into and killed a "thoughtful, sensitive and kind"...
Cyclist airlifted to hospital after 'serious crash' with car on A494 by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A cyclist has been taken to hospital after colliding with a car on the A494 Loggerheads, near Mold. Police, paramedics and the air ambulance were...
Road rage incident near Haverhill sparks police hunt for cyclist by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: Police are on the hunt for a cyclist after an incident on a country road which left a driver with a damaged rear door on his car. Cambridgeshire police...
Dad, 59, knocked over by cyclist killed himself five weeks later by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A dad who suffered a fractured skull after being knocked down by a cyclist killed himself five weeks later - after becoming paranoid that his family was...
RLJ cyclist almost mows down pedestrian on crossing by Mike Collins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9yJq49bn0w
OT: Why do cars have gaps for things to go under the seats? by Commander Kinsey
Why do cars have gaps for things to go under the seats? It would be pretty easy to have something covering it, in fact you can buy such a thing.. But it...
Today 09:55 AM
by Peter Keller[_3_] Go to last post
2 16 UK
OT: What is the point in a tracker you take out of your car? by Commander Kinsey
Just saw on "The Grand Tour" them mentioning cars where they take the tracker into the house along with the keys. Surely it should stay in the car?
by Peter Keller[_3_] Go to last post
12 43 UK
Weight of tamdem versus two solo bikes by bob prohaska
A question posed to the New Scientist's 4 July issue posits that multi-seat bikes have a total weight advantage over solo bikes (per seat), asking at what seat...
by ERSHC Go to last post
10 39 Techniques
Letters: We drivers need to accept the consequences of introducingour lethal machines on to the road by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: YOU report that police will assiduously enforce the law against drivers who overtake cyclists too close, and that every week in Scotland at least three...
Today 04:15 AM
by Mike Collins Go to last post
2 31 UK
Near Miss of the Day 438: Horsebox driver overtakes cyclist soclosely that rider could bang the door by Simon Mason[_6_]
Police have been informed. QUOTE: Some close passes are closer than others - including the one in this video in which the driver of a horsebox overtook a...
by Mike Collins Go to last post
11 86 UK
Cassette change? by Mark Cleary[_3_]
I am easy on drive-train's. I get 6000 miles on chains without going over the limit on 11 speed shimano. My question is right now my cassette a 11-28 has some...
Don't hassle me - I'm riding my bike by AMuzi
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/2020-07-02-armed-bicyclist-fatally-shoots-driver-in-road-rage-incident/ With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to...
Sensational journalism ! A point of view. by colwyn[_2_]
Journalists: Here’s how to produce less horrible stories about pedestrians and cyclists getting killed Peter Flax Jul 9 · 7 min read The numbers are...
cheapest way to safely pack and ship a mountain bike by Adam
Cost to safely pack (good packer needed) and ship a mountain bike from Texas ? Recommendations ?
Yesterday 10:23 PM
by Radey Shouman Go to last post
5 43 Techniques
Yakima or Thule by [email protected]
On Tuesday, July 7, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, wrote: Mark Williamson wrote: I recently purchased a Volvo S70 and would like to...
New cycling lanes in Southampton have had a 'major impact' on residents by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: CITY bosses have said they are “closely” monitoring the temporary cycle lanes on a major Southampton road. Civic chiefs have encouraged residents...
Letter: Cycling – let’s build on the boom! by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: THE Covid-19 lockdown has had a major impact on cycling in the UK. With the roads a lot quieter, people have been dusting off bikes they have not used...
UK's top five cycling cities named as one in ten take (SIC) up bikeriding during lockdown by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: Britain's top five cycling cities have been named as Cardiff, Newcastle, Plymouth, Birmingham and London. A poll of 2,000 UK adults saw the Welsh city...
Royal Parks to restrict motor traffic indefinitely in cycling hotspots by Simon Mason[_6_]
Good news! QUOTE: The Royal Parks is to implement a new Movement Strategy that will restrict the amount of motor traffic through green spaces such as Richmond...
Worldwide bike shortage slams brakes on cycling revolution by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: Copyrighted material. https://www.ft.com/content/6d68ebdc-0924-44e4-bbe5-6b1d75d291e9
Trek saddle clamp problem. by [email protected]
I have been having trouble retaining the EC90 (they weigh almost nothing and are cheap.) saddle on my Trek Emonda. They have actually been falling off and...