Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: smokey
Forum: Marketplace August 20th 11, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 3
Posted By smokey
For sale: Brooks Honey Deluxe saddle

On Aug 19, 4:56*pm, smokey wrote:
On Aug 17, 8:55*am, Tim McNamara wrote:

In article
Forum: Marketplace August 19th 11, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 3
Posted By smokey
For sale: Brooks Honey Deluxe saddle

On Aug 17, 8:55*am, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,

*smokey wrote:
I...
Forum: Marketplace August 17th 11, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 3
Posted By smokey
For sale: Brooks Honey Deluxe saddle

I have a Brooks Honey Deluxe that is like new that I would like to
sell. It has been given it's initial treatment of Proofide and has
only been ridden half a dozen times. Reason for the sale. We...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By smokey
the future

On Jul 27, 10:15*am, Andre wrote:
On Jul 27, 12:39*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Andre wrote:
A. Schleck: will never...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By smokey
segway- whatever happened to it

On Jul 22, 6:36*am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
The Segway was suppose to replace the bicycle, it was a reinvention of
the wheel. *Saw all the hype, actually saw one in...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By smokey
Not a flame or troll post, just an observation.

"Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3( "

Good point, I get tired of all the name calling, too.

Smokey
Forum: Techniques June 24th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 213
Posted By smokey
Last TDF winner to flat?

On Jun 23, 11:12*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
wrote in message

Did Armstrong have...
Forum: General June 22nd 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By smokey
Performance Bike's How To Guides

On Jun 21, 10:03*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jun 21, 1:03 am, Ablang wrote:

Does anyone find this site particularly helpful? *Any other good sites
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By smokey
Pedal replacement

On Jun 21, 6:18*pm, "Martin Riddle" wrote:
Hello,

I just picked up a Specialized Sirrus and want to get decent replacement pedals for this thing.

Nothing fancy, no...
Forum: Techniques June 19th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By smokey
Chafing chamois seam

On Jun 19, 7:51*am, "OughtFour" wrote:
Since the leather on my old saddle failed, I have tried three different
replacements and experienced the same problem, painful...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 08, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By smokey
Ten good reasons not wear clipless, or clips, or any otherpedalling perversion

On Jun 16, 3:28*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
The five places where the bicycle can transmit road inequalities to
the cyclist, the two pedals are the most often overlooked.
Forum: General June 14th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By smokey
presta valves

On Jun 11, 8:25*pm, "mary" wrote:
Is it just me or do tubes with presta valves have to be filled up more
often? *It seems like once a week I have to top off the air in the...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By smokey
IT GOES TO ELEVEN !

On Jun 4, 10:40*pm, wrote:
WHY ISN'T THE ONLY THING BEING DISCUSSED ON THIS BOARD THE TOTALLY
UNCONFIRMED RUMORS OF IMPENDING CAMPY 11 SPEED???!!!

Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By smokey
Single-Bolt Seatpost saddle slippage?

On Jun 9, 10:47*pm, Andrew F Martin
wrote:
I've got a Madone with the Bontrager single-bolt Seat Mast. 3 straight
races I've hit a bump and had the saddle nose...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By smokey
vulcanizing cement / chain lube

On Jun 10, 12:03*pm, wrote:
Is there a way to buy vulcanizing cement or an equivalent product in
bulk? *I'd like to be able to patch a large number of inner tubes -
over time,...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By smokey
Lower pressure tyres vs suspension seat post??

Jose wrote:
Hi All,

Which of the 2 will make me loss more performance, a tyre with lower
pressure, or a 1 pound heavy suspension seat post?

Of the non suspension seatposts, are they all...
Forum: Racing October 16th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 39
Posted By smokey
Who's Surprised?

On Oct 16, 9:39 am, wrote:
http://thehill.com/

"In their book about Clinton's rise to power, Her Way, Don Van Natta
Jr., an investigative reporter at The New York Times,...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By smokey
Tubies, just for info

On Oct 13, 9:37 pm, Tom Sherman wrote: