Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Memphis Mud
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Memphis Mud
Knee recoup leads to Coker MUni

MUNISANO
I would love to have a break on Cokie. Your system seems better to me
than a killer hydrallic wheel stopper. My knees sometimes hit the frame
as it is. How do you keep from hitting a Vbrake?...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Memphis Mud
Knee recoup leads to Coker MUni

Hello fellow uniers. Its been who knows how long since my last post. But
I've tried something new (to me) and thought I'd tell you about it.

Preamble:
As some of you might remember, back in Nov 07 I...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Memphis Mud
Ping Danger Uni - How's the Knee?

Kris, how's your knee saga coming along? Please tell me you're doing
well. Also tell me recoup time is less than 6 months.

Last weekend I got tangled in my MUni. MRI was Tuesday. I don't know
the...
Forum: Unicycling October 18th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Memphis Mud
Cross Country Vs MUni?

I like those river classification methods mentioned earlier. Without
knowing exactly how they arrive at the category, I pretty much
understand what a Class II river will be. And a Class V rapid is...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By Memphis Mud
Are you 45+

I'll be 49 in a week. I've accumulated several unis in the past few
years. Not much for Trials, but I really enjoy MUni and Cokering.

Unicycling keeps me in pretty good shape mostly because I look...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Memphis Mud
Muni Rendezvous at Mt Ida, AR Oct. 27th and 28th

Bump.

Getting close. Superb venue.

--
Memphis Mud
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

maestro8 wrote:
...I ride in swim trunks over bike shorts...

This is exactly what I do. The fabric is made to dry quickly. The seams
should be very flat.

Right now swim truncks are on sale...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Memphis Mud
Finding unicyclist local

Small local newspapers love to write articles about the local
unicyclist. I bet dollars to doughnuts you get a picture too. If you
MUni, they'll drool all over you. I think I'd just call them up...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 07, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Memphis Mud
Tool to cut down the seat posts?

Reciprocating Saw. Cuts like butter.

--
Memphis Mud
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987
View this...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Memphis Mud
Muni Rendezvous at Mt Ida, AR Oct. 27th and 28th

Cheater.

--
Memphis Mud
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Memphis Mud
Nimbus Gel Saddle

GizmoDuck wrote:
What sort of seat do you use? ...

I just use the garden variety Nimbus Gel which has a molded plastic
sort of handle stuck on the front. Nothing fancy. Yesterday I rode
some,...
Forum: Unicycling August 31st 07, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Memphis Mud
Nimbus Gel Saddle

Memphis Mud wrote:
Seat angles significantly up in the front. ...My sitting weight is not
concentrated on the big flat part of the seat.

Sorry - dastardly typo. I meant to say the weight is...
Forum: Unicycling August 30th 07, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Memphis Mud
Nimbus Gel Saddle

I have that seat, with rail adapter, on my Coker. Seat angles
significantly up in the front. Made a huge difference in comfort for
me. My sitting weight is not concentrated on the big flat part of...
Forum: Unicycling August 29th 07, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Memphis Mud
Tendonitis from an extention?

David_Stone wrote:
...even after riding 102 miles in a day...

Holy Moley!

--
Memphis Mud
Forum: Unicycling August 10th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

My opinion is colored by the fact that Memphis is 91% flat as a
pancake.

My experience is: Stopping my 29er is like stopping a Toyota Camry.
Stopping a 36er is like stopping an aircraft carrier....
Forum: Unicycling August 10th 07, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Memphis Mud
Muni or coker, what to buy?

And there you have it: another puzzlement.

Poor kid.

--
Memphis Mud
Memphis Mud's Profile:...
Replies: 37
Posted By Memphis Mud
Muni Rendezvous at Mt Ida, AR Oct. 27th and 28th

This will be an excellent MUni Rendezvous.

'Womble Trail review on MTBR.com' (http://tinyurl.com/24jfxu)

--
Memphis...
Forum: Unicycling August 10th 07, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Save the brake money for the Coker. IMHO the Magura break on a 29er is
overkill. I doubt you'll use it. Mine stops on a dime without any
brakes.

However, at NAUCC06, the 36er riders with brakes...
Forum: Unicycling August 9th 07, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Memphis Mud
Muni or coker, what to buy?

GizmoDuck wrote:
...Each wheel size is for a specific purpose. You size your wheel
according to terrain.

A 29" IS a *full on* MUni for X-country riding.
A 24" is a *full on* MUni for...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Memphis Mud
How do you Beat the Heat?

Joseppi wrote:
...But the biggest key I think is to be sure to drink way more water
than you think you need, then replace electrolytes whenever possible.
But one rule of thumb is that you...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Memphis Mud
How do you Beat the Heat?

Our regular MUni group has been moving the starting time up up up. It's
now at 730 am. We typically ride the trails that are totally or mostly
shaded. We finish sopping wet and just exausted enough....
Forum: Unicycling August 4th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Memphis Mud
Nimbus 36" with V brake

I've wanted to put brakes on my Coker ever sense I led a fun ride at
NAUCC06 in Memphis. On the looong downhills I was waddling like a duck
trying to keep my speed low while those with brakes...
Forum: Unicycling August 3rd 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Memphis Mud
What is your fav psi ?

I realize you're asking about Trials/Street but FYI point of
comparison:

I'm 195 pounds so I need a little more air than my comrades or I'll
compress to the rim too much. I tried trials a little,...
Forum: Unicycling August 1st 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Memphis Mud
Uni Geezer: 36er Mounting tutorial

Use Caution!!

Mounting a 36er can be quite hazardous...to your riding partners. I had
no idea that my right arm was spring loaded until I smacked my friend
Charles right in the mouth.

I mount with...
Forum: Unicycling July 27th 07, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 73
Posted By Memphis Mud
NAUCC 07 - Report

Dear NAUCCsters,