Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BT Humble
Forum: Australia March 8th 09, 12:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By BT Humble
Brooks saddle after sales service...

Patrick Turner wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
BT Humble wrote:
Patrick Turner wrote:
...I showed him the
10mm dia bolt I had made to replace the...
Forum: Australia March 7th 09, 11:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By BT Humble
Brooks saddle after sales service...

Patrick Turner wrote:
...I showed him the
10mm dia bolt I had made to replace the original broken weak Brooks
thrust bolt. I told him "I made this replacement thrust bolt in maybe
1988 and it...
Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 12:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By BT Humble
No one ever got fired for buying an IBM fixie

K.A. Moylan wrote:
The smart-alec caption on the web page needs fixing too.

And the caption on this page:
http://www.thevine.com.au/tech/photos/view/?id=6559&page=29

BTH
Forum: Australia January 23rd 09, 01:40 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By BT Humble
which side is your front brake lever?

theo wrote:
On Jan 23, 7:07*am, BT Humble wrote:

Given that it was the USA that initiated this "standard", I find it a
bit surprising that they didn't also apply...
Forum: Australia January 22nd 09, 11:07 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

On 2009-01-18, obakesan wrote:

ok .... as I was posting this question I had a feeling of deja news, so I
googled grouped that and found my...
Forum: Australia January 11th 09, 12:41 PM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By BT Humble
Unaugural 7.0 - forward notice

Knobdoodle wrote:
"bikerbetty" wrote:
Yeah yeah, them too... muttering vengefully car parks and
driveways....AND Volvos!

Ooh ooh; what about mountain roads?
Forum: Australia January 10th 09, 10:52 AM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By BT Humble
Unaugural 7.0 - forward notice

On Jan 10, 12:35*am, Tim Moran wrote:
I'm a definite maybe, have to get some more use out of
my tent

As of last Tuesday, it had not yet been stolen.

BTH
Forum: Australia January 9th 09, 12:38 PM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By BT Humble
Unaugural 7.0 - forward notice

bikerbetty wrote:
Wheeeeeeeeee, can hardly wait! Calendar duly marked. I promise no
crippledness this time - Lemmiwinks, how about you?

BTH, can I do some more crop circles this year? Let me...
Forum: Australia January 9th 09, 07:56 AM Posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By BT Humble
Unaugural 7.0 - forward notice

The date will be May 9, 2009. This is a week later than usual, but
happens to coincide with the full moon. Please mark your calendars.

Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have...
Forum: Australia January 8th 09, 11:31 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By BT Humble
A recently released report

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
You'd have to talk to BTH about GPx250 longevity with much touring.

I'd heartily recommend a GPX250. I wouldn't recommend a Hyosung
GT650R (the full-fairing model) for...
Forum: Australia December 21st 08, 10:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By BT Humble
Useful weather info, SE Aust

theo wrote:
On Dec 18, 4:12*am, John Henderson wrote:

Consists of advancing frames (so that you can see the direction
the weather's moving), and is a composite...
Forum: Australia December 21st 08, 10:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BT Humble
Goal setting

jl wrote:
BTHumble wrote:
Here's the details of myself, Lemmiwinks & his brother-in-law riding
it last year:

http://www.humbletown.org/gvbr2007/part2.htm

It keeps timing out - is...
Forum: Australia December 20th 08, 11:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BT Humble
Goal setting

On Dec 20, 1:41*pm, jl wrote:
terryc wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 05:32:05 +1100, jl wrote:

Hmmm that sounds interesting. WTF is Buchan ? googles Blimey, via the
Forum: Australia December 20th 08, 11:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BT Humble
Goal setting

On Dec 20, 9:58*am, terryc wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 05:32:05 +1100, jl wrote:
Hmmm that sounds interesting. WTF is Buchan ? googles Blimey, via the
Forum: Australia December 20th 08, 10:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BT Humble
Goal setting

jl wrote:
BTHumble wrote:

If you're after a bit of a challenge I suppose we could ride from my
place to Buchan? *It'd take about 3 or 4 days.

Hmmm that sounds interesting. WTF is...
Forum: Australia December 19th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By BT Humble
beware old ladies on the way to a Christmas party

Barry Taylor wrote:
(1) Another One Bites The Dust
(2) Sorry Mate I Didn't See You

*wince*

Glad to hear you more-or-less escaped that one, Barry. D'you think
she'd "primed the pump"...
Forum: Australia December 19th 08, 07:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By BT Humble
Goal setting

JL wrote:
Hi Guys

Being the goals focussed corporate type that I am, I'm feeling a bit
unstructured in this new riding thing. So I've decided I need a
target.

So.... what major bike...
Forum: Australia November 26th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By BT Humble
NSW number-of-cyclists-killed-doubles-in-year

JL wrote:
...The fatalities
occurred in the suburbs of Monterey, Auburn, Botany, Stanhope Gardens,
Ingleburn and Punchbowl.

So the lesson is: Anywhere else in NSW is safer than Sydney....
Forum: Australia November 16th 08, 11:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By BT Humble
Mawson Trail - anyone done it?

just us wrote:
Well planning is underway for next years adventures and we are hoping to do
the Mawson Trail in September - anyone done it? I have done some research on
the net and have some...
Forum: Australia October 27th 08, 11:37 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By BT Humble
Magpie Rescue

In the true spirirt of "man bites dog", this morning a cyclist rescued
a magpie.

There is a local pair of magpies around my house, and from time to
time I feed them a small treat (as a result of...
Forum: Australia October 21st 08, 10:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By BT Humble
Roady brakes

Ken & Stace wrote:
My experience with my OCR3 (Sora gear) is that roadie brakes suck, so
I'd welcome suggestions as well.

Now now, be fair - expensive road bike brakes are *almost* as
effective...
Forum: Australia October 20th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By BT Humble
"death wobble" in Front of bike! :(

On Oct 21, 8:13*am, wrote:
Hello,

I have an elderly (circa 1978) Raleigh Grand Prix road bike that I am
using for my daily commuter. *It is in other wise fantastic...
Forum: Australia October 17th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By BT Humble
Cheap used bikes for sale (Canberra)

Moike wrote:
...We were all out of suitable cable inners, so I popped into a
city bike shop and paid an extortionate amount for a couple of new inners.

I've always found Kmart to be the cheapest...
Forum: Australia October 16th 08, 11:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By BT Humble
Cheap used bikes for sale (Canberra)

Moike wrote:
You're abandoning Batavus! you brute.

Wednesday was ride to work day here.

I rode in to the Red Cross workshop to work on some of the donated bikes.

The first bike on the...
Forum: Australia October 16th 08, 08:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By BT Humble
Cheap used bikes for sale (Canberra)

http://www.humbletown.org/forsale/index.htm

(No, the Giant isn't for sale - yet). ;-)

BTH
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500