Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: N Cook
Forum: UK October 30th 07, 07:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By N Cook
Vehicle noise and accident rate musings

Coyoteboy wrote in message
One thing I've noticed while out on my commutes is that, as annoying as
loud exhausts and...
Forum: UK October 28th 07, 01:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By N Cook
Derailleur chain clatter.

Tim Hall wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:15:31 -0000, "N Cook"
wrote:

How to...
Forum: UK October 28th 07, 01:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By N Cook
Derailleur chain clatter.

Tim Hall wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:15:31 -0000, "N Cook"
wrote:

How to...
Forum: UK October 28th 07, 11:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By N Cook
Derailleur chain clatter.

How to rectify , without using a link removing tool ?
I do own one but , for just an aesthetic problem , I would rather not risk
breaking the high carbon steel pin.

Once a chain revolution at one...
Forum: UK October 10th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By N Cook
Snot filled inner tubes - whats the secret ?

N Cook wrote in message
I can see part of it is pumping up after puncture and riding or at least
upturning bike and rotating the wheel to...
Forum: UK October 10th 07, 08:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By N Cook
Snot filled inner tubes - whats the secret ?

Pete Biggs wrote in
message ...
N Cook wrote:
I can see part of it is pumping up after puncture and...
Forum: UK October 9th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By N Cook
Snot filled inner tubes - whats the secret ?

I can see part of it is pumping up after puncture and riding or at least
upturning bike and rotating the wheel to spin the snot around to replace
leakage over puncture hole.
What other tips ? and...
Forum: UK August 20th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By N Cook
Fixing pedal-crank to spindle ( but removeably)

Pete Biggs wrote in
message ...
N Cook wrote:

Did you try bashing the end of a spanner with a...
Forum: UK August 20th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By N Cook
Fixing pedal-crank to spindle ( but removeably)

Pete Biggs wrote in
message ...
N Cook wrote:
Been going around for months now with both retaining...
Forum: UK August 20th 07, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By N Cook
Fixing pedal-crank to spindle ( but removeably)

Been going around for months now with both retaining bolts removed, in the
hope that use would do what butane blow-lamp would not do.
Break the aluminium/steel bond at the square section junction of...
Forum: UK May 11th 07, 08:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By N Cook
Tyre pressure measurement

I'll take that as a no.
Nothing of intermediate accuracy between "digital" testing and a pressure
gauge.

--
some local trivia
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/graff.htm

Without going to the extent of a pressure meter - is there some technique
that is a bit better than squashing sidewalls of tyres to tell whether soft
or firm.
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13