Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Diablo Scott
Forum: Techniques November 21st 06, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Diablo Scott
Criterium bend bars

E Goforth wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone make Criterium bend bars, similar to the old Cinelli 65, for
26.0 or 31.7 stems?

-Eric

Yes
Forum: Techniques November 7th 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 380
Posted By Diablo Scott
VOTE today

Welcome madam speaker.
Forum: General November 1st 06, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Diablo Scott
Bibs

Claire Petersky wrote:

"Todd Tannenbaum" wrote

Pardon my ignorance, but what are bibs, and precisely how do
they differ from regular cycling shorts?

Forum: General October 15th 06, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 68
Posted By Diablo Scott
LBS and markup on new bikes

Solvang Cyclist wrote:
It's really too bad that people are always jumping on the latest craze
without testing their assumptions. Klein has *ALWAYS* been looked down
upon because of the...
Forum: General October 5th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By Diablo Scott
Sheldon Does Vegas

Sheldon Brown wrote:
My report:

http://sheldonbrown.com/lasvegas/2006

Photo of special merit:
http://sheldonbrown.com/lasvegas/2006/pages/sheldon-grant-jobst.html
Forum: Techniques October 5th 06, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By Diablo Scott
Sheldon Does Vegas

Sheldon Brown wrote:
My report:

http://sheldonbrown.com/lasvegas/2006

Photo of special merit:
http://sheldonbrown.com/lasvegas/2006/pages/sheldon-grant-jobst.html
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 06, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Diablo Scott
25.4mm handlebars w/ 26.0mm stem?

Years ago I bought a new Cinelli handlebar for a Cinelli stem that I
had. I didn't know at the time, that Cinelli had dumped it's unique
26.4mm clamp size (my existing stem) and switched to the...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Diablo Scott
Latex tubes, Sealant to minimize air loss

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

In the way-back days, using tubulars (sew-ups) with very thin latex tubes,
the trick was to let some milk sit out for a day or two (turn sour), and
then, using an...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 06, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Diablo Scott
Why a worn chain ruins sprockets

wrote:
Diablo Scott writes:

Because roller clearance varies for different models and brands of chain,
this is an unacceptable method.

The worst case is I...
Forum: Techniques September 18th 06, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Diablo Scott
Need Woods Valve Tube

Bubba wrote:

My daughter has a japanese bike with woods valves on the tires. One of the
valves is leaking and needs a new rubber tip. Any idea where I can find one
in the Southeast US. I...
Forum: Techniques September 18th 06, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Diablo Scott
Why a worn chain ruins sprockets

wrote:

Johan Bornman writes:

Nice explanation Jobst. Could you please also explain why those
little Park and Rohloff chain wear indicators are useless and...
Forum: General September 15th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By Diablo Scott
Seven month car-free streak broken

Ken C. M. wrote:

wrote:

Ken C. M. wrote:

Had to start commuting by car this week due to new job requirements. I
now have to make deposits at the bank...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By Diablo Scott
Rebel with a cause?

I sawed the brake bridge off my fixie. I asked around for opinions
beforehand and got every answer imaginable from "you'll surely die" to
"no biggie". Needed to do it to get that 32mm tire in...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Diablo Scott
Lucky escape

41 wrote:

Yes, it's work and a pain to pursue this further. But there is a window
of opportunity.

But filling out the police report without an identification now, shows
that the...
Forum: Techniques September 6th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Diablo Scott
internal cable routing

Cyclopath! - Keiron wrote:

Are there any kind of bosses inside the tube that i need to be aware of or
does the tube itself provide enough 'pressure' on the housing when the
housing is under...
Forum: Racing September 2nd 06, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Diablo Scott
Danielson to Health Net

Bob Schwartz wrote:

And so it is for Danielson. He's pretty clearly never
going to be a player in any race that matters. But he
could come home and win a boatload of races, races where
Forum: General September 1st 06, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By Diablo Scott
Boil in Groin Area

Roger Zoul wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
::: Mike--
::: After piercing with the sterilized needle, did you forcefully
::: squeeze the pus out, and/or allow it to drain by itself? My GP
Forum: Techniques September 1st 06, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Diablo Scott
Source for smaller tire repair patches?

amakyonin wrote:

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

Been there, done that. You lose the tapering for one thing. For another,
the two pieces (assuming you cut a patch in half) aren't the greatest...
Forum: General August 29th 06, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Diablo Scott
why such a rip-off on shipping?

gds wrote:

I never understand rants like this. If it isn't worth it to you don't
buy it. It isn't that they are hiding anything. Also, I imagine that
your LBS would order one for you and you...
Forum: Marketplace August 29th 06, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 5
Posted By Diablo Scott
Dutch citybike? Batavus?

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:

NedTexTri wrote:

The Milano? Not even close.

Batavus or Gazelle are the ones you're looking for... but getting them here
for 400 Euro...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Diablo Scott
Hairnet Helmets

wrote:

No offense intended, just an observation.

Someday, someone will start counting the number of posts on RBT in
which a helmet is supposed to have prevented...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Diablo Scott
Hairnet Helmets

Keiron wrote:
wrote in message

Branford recently burned. Details at campyonly.com.

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/198716973.html

Foreign supplier? --D-y

Forum: Techniques August 25th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Diablo Scott
OnGuard Bike Lock Anti-Theft-Warranty: What a Sam!

wrote:

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

That guarantee is pretty much the same as the other lock manufacturers
offer - they're all to blame for deceptive marketing.
Forum: General August 25th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

That guarantee is pretty much the same as the other lock manufacturers
offer - they're all to blame for deceptive marketing.
Forum: Techniques August 17th 06, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Diablo Scott
OT-help with AOL-comcast

wrote:

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

yep, got rid of that legal virus, AOL...but how do I import all my
address from AOL to comcast??

Thanks.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 43