Showing results 1 to 25 of 207
Search took 3.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: naked_draughtsman
Forum: UK March 26th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Cycling doctor gets death threats after posting videos of crapdriving on Youtube.

On Mar 26, 4:16 pm, "PK" wrote:
"Paul George" wrote in message

Forum: UK March 24th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Car daytime running lights

On Mar 24, 4:58 pm, Martin Dann wrote:
Then more recently they claim it is a UN regulation,

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2008-03-18a.38.6&s=%22dayligh...

Forum: UK March 22nd 08, 07:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Car daytime running lights

On Mar 21, 9:59 pm, "John Grove"
wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in ...

On...
Forum: UK March 21st 08, 10:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Car daytime running lights

On Mar 21, 9:29 am, David Hansen
wrote:
This is an idea which is soon likely to be given approval not by the
European Union, but by the United Nations. In...
Forum: UK March 20th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By naked_draughtsman
pointers to servicing gears

On Mar 20, 9:38 pm, MW wrote:
The main prob at present is that the gears aren't shifting as cleanly
as they used to (Shimano 2200), and I reckon its probably about time
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 08:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Just been knocked off my bike!!

On Mar 18, 8:08 pm, wrote:
Hello

Ive just been knocked off my bike on the way home from work. A car
coming in the opposite direction was trying to make a right turn....
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Seville Cycle Hire

On Mar 17, 10:42 pm, "elyob" wrote:
Just got back from Seville and managed to try out the hire scheme they have
there. Pretty impressed to be honest, snip

It looks...
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Conservative Way Forward

On Mar 18, 4:12 pm, Mark McNeill wrote:
Outside urban areas, where the difference in speeds between cyclists and motor vehicles is
greater, the presence of...
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Birmingham cycle strategy consultation

I was sent this link yesterday about a consultation exercise about the
proposed cycle strategy being drawn up by Birmingham City...
Forum: UK March 16th 08, 11:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Bottom bracket broken?

On Mar 16, 9:10 am, M-gineering wrote:
If it is one of those newfangled external bearing ones (with tiny
balls running in a homeopatic dose of grease) it is highly...
Forum: UK March 15th 08, 08:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 61
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Citroen C3 Pluriel and bikes

On Mar 15, 12:05 pm, Simon Brooke wrote:
So - has anyone got a C3 (better still, a Pluriel)? Can you get a bike in
the back with the wheels off?

I can get my mountain bike...
Forum: UK March 15th 08, 11:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Bottom bracket broken?

Just spent a couple of hours sticking new brake pads on my bike and
fixing the gears so I can use the full range now.

After everything was done and I'd oiled the chain I noticed that the
bottom...
Forum: UK March 11th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Tiredness from cycling...

On Mar 9, 10:15 pm, "Jim" wrote:
Maybe I have some kind of low-level bug, but it's really getting me down.
Anyone else had anything like this? I suppose I...
Forum: UK March 7th 08, 09:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By naked_draughtsman
What light?

On Mar 7, 7:11 pm, "Doki" wrote:
What would you suggest?

The Tesco 'finest' set for about £13 is OK for going to and from work
(unless they've changed it again). The front...
Forum: UK March 6th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Motorists who park on pavements

On Mar 6, 5:46 pm, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
bob wrote:
Parking on pavements is a particular bugbear of mine.

For all those motorists who like to complain about...
Forum: UK March 3rd 08, 08:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Lidl

On Mar 3, 5:11 pm, Mark T

wrote:
Yep, it's time for the Lidl cycling sale:

Forum: UK March 2nd 08, 06:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By naked_draughtsman
'Backwards' bikes

On Mar 2, 1:30 pm, Peter Scandrett wrote:
Can anyone here actually ride a backwards bike to any degree, or has
anyone had a go? What's it like?

Some people can. I...
Forum: UK February 28th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Cycle commuting newbie

On Feb 28, 8:55 am, Peter Fox wrote:
When you've found the more pleasant side routes and the finer weather is
here you'll be doing MMMMiles first thing in the...
Forum: UK February 28th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By naked_draughtsman
cycling to work crease free

On Feb 28, 4:13 pm, POHB wrote:
Might have done better to wait until he actually had some content
beyond "Hello World"

I can't even see that!

I don't have any crease...
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Councils paid per m of cycle lane?

On Feb 26, 7:43 pm, "PK" wrote:
Isn't it more of a case of money being ring fenced only to be spent on
cycling facilities

That sounds more plausible. The more...
Forum: UK February 26th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Councils paid per m of cycle lane?

Is it true that councils get money based on the length of cycle lanes/
route they have created? If they do, who gives out this money?

In this newsgroup people often suggest some of the really...
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Trouble comes in threes.

On Feb 24, 9:44 am, Peter Clinch wrote:
vernon wrote:
During the removal of the tyre I discovered two broken spokes. That's when
I gave up and called it a...
Forum: Techniques February 20th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Riding After Broken Wrist

On Feb 20, 1:03 am, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Comments on Riding after broken wrist. Got tipped off on a pothole
yesterday, and face 6 weeks in plaster. Didn't take the advice about
not...
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By naked_draughtsman
Riding After Broken Wrist

On Feb 20, 1:03 am, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Comments on Riding after broken wrist. Got tipped off on a pothole
yesterday, and face 6 weeks in plaster. Didn't take the advice about
not...
Forum: Australia February 20th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19