Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AW
Forum: UK March 1st 08, 12:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Beav" wrote:

Car doors will bend at the drop of a hat, let along a fully grown bloke
hitting one. They're not made of bridge trusses, they're made of paper...
Forum: UK March 1st 08, 12:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

gbzzl wrote:

What absolute nonsense, every post you have made on this has been
absolutely devoid of all reason, you have introduced bizarre concepts such
as the 'door...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

I'm with you, on this.

I don't really see the difference between this and a cyclist being hit
after going through a red light - sure, running the red light...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

(Ekul Namsob) wrote:

Indeed. The bit that says that you /must/ check before opening your door
is, however.

Indeed. Though I doubt that's actually law, per se. The _HC_ says
you must check...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Clive George" wrote:

No, but it does tell you which bits are...

Granted. But the HC also says of cyclists, albeit without the legal
obligations:
67
Leave plenty of...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Clive George" wrote:

Ah well, that's different. I'd say it's a reasonable fail point, coz the
door zone is a dangerous place to be - and I would apply say that...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

On"Beav" wrote:

Quite right - the motorist was 100%at fault. but the cyclist was 100%
stupid for cycling within the "door zone" and putting themselves at...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Beav" wrote:

And then opened her door on a cyclist. Neat trick if ever there was.

See other posts for the full context.
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

On Feb 29, 8:32*pm, "Beav" wrote:

Obviously when she looked in her mirror, she was just checking her lippy
instead of checking to see if anything was...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

(Ekul Namsob) wrote:

That would appear to suggest that the cyclist was ridiculously close but
the fact remains that the driver broke the law by failing to ensure that
she did not hit anyone....
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Clive George" wrote:

Actually, the fact the accident occured implies she did not check carefully
enough. Like I said, SMIDSY isn't good enough.

Sure and no it's not....
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Adam Lea" wrote:

She obviously didn't check properly in this case.

Clearly. I still tend to think that a cyclist riding fast enough to
bend a car door's frame when he hit...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

(Ekul Namsob) wrote:

The opener of a car door /must/ check. Passing road users /should/
check.

You're right , but I recall a mate getting failed on his bike test for
riding too close to parked...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

On Feb 29, 7:43*pm, (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:

I think they were correct, actually.

It didn't seem equitable to me. She had the door only open so far
that the...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"PK" wrote:

Quite right - the motorist was 100%at fault. but the cyclist was 100% stupid
for cycling within the "door zone" and putting themselves at risk of a
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"Clive George" wrote:

Perfectly correct. "Looked in her mirror" - except apparently not terribly
carefully.

That you can't say with any certainty - that the accident...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

Squashme wrote:

She looked in the mirror and still didn't see him?

Apparently not. In the blind spot, who knows.

He was going too fast? What speed would that be?
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

Pete wrote:

Highway code rule 239 says, among other things :

you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check for
cyclists or other...
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 289
Posted By AW
Four years jail...

"TOG@Toil" wrote:

I can understand what she did was daft, but then the cyclist went
through a red light, as so many seem wont to do. *Six of one and half
a dozen of the other,...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19