Showing results 1 to 25 of 90
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bugbear
Forum: Australia June 10th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Bugbear
Visibility on rainy nights

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:37:21 +0000, BtC wrote:

"Donga" wrote in message
On Jun 9,...
Forum: Australia June 9th 08, 04:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Bugbear
Visibility on rainy nights

I've done a brief search in this newsgroup for tips but couldn't find
anything useful...

Does anyone have any tips for those of us who get caught commuting
home on a rainy night? The times when I...
Forum: Australia April 2nd 08, 09:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Bugbear
PER: Lowlife stealing bikes from CBD buildings...

Everyone in Perth, I just received this from a coworker. This isn't a
chain email that has been handed down through dozens of recipients -
I'm about second in the chain from the original author.

If...
Forum: Australia December 20th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Bugbear
All we need now is a cycle powered XBox...

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=312084283
Forum: Australia November 29th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Bugbear
It's official - I'm a fat *******

That wouldnt' be Santini by any chance, or any other European brand of
clothing? Entirely normal if it is.

--
EuanB

Yeah it was an Italian make, as a matter of fact the staff in the...
Forum: Australia November 29th 07, 02:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Bugbear
It's official - I'm a fat *******

Chinese sizes maybe? At an event in China earlier this year I was
given an XL shirt with some corporate branding on it. The cuffs were
half way up my forearms and there was a 4" gap at the...
Forum: Australia November 28th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Bugbear
It's official - I'm a fat *******

I went down to my 'local' cycling clothing shop in Cottesloe
(absolutely nothing bad to say about Ride 'n Style - they took care of
me perfectly)

What I do have to say is that I never knew that a...
Forum: Australia November 26th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Bugbear
No Stability Control - no car of the year

Just for laughs, and in spite of the fact that I don't have kids, I'd
love to show up at a school and drop some kids off in a semi trailer
prime mover, just to intimidate the school mums in their...
Forum: Australia November 25th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Bugbear
clips

On 2007-11-23, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

you can too still get trouser clips.

Forum: Australia October 30th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By Bugbear
Bike Friendly Employers??

On Oct 30, 4:28 am, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 01:22:49 +1100

Gags wrote:

It is workable now but this is...
Forum: Australia October 25th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Bugbear
You know summer's on its way when...

On Oct 25, 11:03 am, Terryc wrote:
Bugbear wrote:
...you have a lovely meal of bugs, mozzies, flies, moths on your
afternoon commute which passes by various...
Forum: Australia October 25th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Bugbear
You know summer's on its way when...

....you have a lovely meal of bugs, mozzies, flies, moths on your
afternoon commute which passes by various stagnant lakes...mmm
bugsplat!!!
Forum: Australia October 16th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Bugbear
road bike wear and tear distances??

My stats after my first year of commuting (7000km), brand new bike,
mostly bike paths, not too much stopping and starting. All weather
(except hail and thunderstorms!!!)

Tyres - about 4000km
Tubes...
Forum: Australia October 15th 07, 05:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Bugbear
PER: Leach Hwy & Kwinana Fwy underpass now (un)officially open

After a week of using the new underpass, I've had nothing but PBs for
my morning commute - I'm about 0.5km/h up on my usual average speed.

Either my legs grew lots or that wait at the Leach Hwy...
Forum: Australia October 9th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Bugbear
speed

The thing that made the most difference to my commute (35km) was
putting red cordial in my water bottle. Having a ready supply of
sugar for my muscles means that I recover from the hills...
Forum: Australia October 9th 07, 01:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Bugbear
PER: Leach Hwy & Kwinana Fwy underpass now (un)officially open

All you need to do is negotiate the barriers that are still set up at
either end of the path, otherwise the path is complete and clear.
Forum: Australia October 4th 07, 05:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Bugbear
Neat web site

On Oct 4, 11:30 am, phillip brown wrote:
I don't recall seeing mention of this site in aus.bicycle before

http://www.mapmyride.com.

phillip brown

Similar to...
Forum: Australia September 20th 07, 09:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Bugbear
Re wooden bike

The one I heard about was based on spring loaded weights attached to the
spokes that slid up and down the spoke according to how fast the wheel was
going. There were three weights, one for...
Forum: Australia September 12th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Bugbear
Shoes and feet

Don't know how much money you want to spend but I saw an article in a
recent cycle magazine spouting off about shoes that can be custom fit
to your feet.

Essentially, the shoes are baked in an oven...
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 130
Posted By Bugbear
Kiddy Trailers

Obligatory Sheldon Brown product:

http://sheldonbrown.com/carrababy.html
Forum: Australia September 8th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Bugbear
Editorial in The Age this morning

On Sep 8, 9:31 am, "Elguapo" wrote:
"Bleve" wrote in message

On Sep...
Forum: Australia September 7th 07, 01:44 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Bugbear
Editorial in The Age this morning

On Sep 7, 2:13 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2wi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Bugbear Wrote:

I've been in Melbourne this week for work (had to leave the bike at
home) so I've had a...
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 11:42 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Bugbear
Editorial in The Age this morning

I've been in Melbourne this week for work (had to leave the bike at
home) so I've had a chance to see how the other half lives. It's good
to see alot of cyclists around the city...

I also happened...
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 04:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Bugbear
Rechargeable tyre inflator canisters

On Sep 5, 6:49 pm, dabac
wrote:
Bugbear Wrote: Rechargeable tyre inflation systems - do they exist?

Not that I know of, but you could (probably)...
Forum: Australia September 4th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Bugbear
Rechargeable tyre inflator canisters

On Sep 4, 12:00 pm, Duncan wrote:
On Sep 3, 10:36 am, Bugbear wrote:

Let me put it this way...my last ride which was a commute to work...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 90