Showing results 1 to 25 of 92
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Luns Tee
Forum: Techniques April 6th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 70
Posted By Luns Tee
Hard braking down hill blowouts

In article ,
wrote:
For a 40 mph coasting-speed hill, the peak of the braking power curve
was around 23...
Forum: Techniques November 23rd 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
Analysis of Dual Pivot Brake

In article , Joe Riel wrote:
Joe Riel writes:

Fy/Fx = (2*L7*L2*L4+L1*L4^2+L1*L4*L2-L2*L3*L4-L2^2*L3)/L7/(L2*L3+L1*L4)

assuming...
Forum: Techniques November 20th 07, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
Analysis of Dual Pivot Brake

Joe Riel wrote:
Yes, it is getting boring, however I repeat my question because
despite having been asked it over half a dozen times, you have yet
to give any sort of answer that is...
Forum: Techniques November 20th 07, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article ,
jim beam...
Forum: Techniques November 19th 07, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Yes, it is getting boring, however I repeat my question because
despite having been...
Forum: Techniques November 19th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article ,
jim beam...
Forum: Techniques November 18th 07, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article ,
jim beam...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 07, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article ,
jim beam...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
If the ratio of the caliper as a whole is 2:1 as you say, the
force being...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
wrote:
Let me suggest once more that measuring the cable stroke vs. the
combined pad stroke is far more...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article ,
jim beam...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
How does the centering happen if not by transmitting a force
where the Y and C arms...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 07, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
This does not free you
from having to consider the interaction between the...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 07, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article ,
jim beam...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
just like avid's disk brake caliper is only activated from one side, the
effective ratio...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Luns Tee
rear rim seems to rub

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
2. caliper [single pivot shimano 600] is 51mm:55mm [center pivot to
center of cable...
Forum: Techniques November 10th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Luns Tee
dual pivot brake caliper toe progression

One more while I'm at it:

http://tinyurl.com/yobozb

This is the same single-pivot Shimano 600EX caliper in my previous
photos.

The lines drawn show the angle of the pads relative to the
pivots...
Forum: Techniques November 10th 07, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Luns Tee
dual pivot brake caliper toe progression

In article ,
Tim McNamara wrote:
Luns Tee wrote:
In article , Tim
Forum: Techniques November 10th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Luns Tee
dual pivot brake caliper toe progression

In article ,
jim beam wrote:
Now, you can call names all you want, but it doesn't make anything
that you've said or...
Forum: Techniques November 9th 07, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Luns Tee
dual pivot brake caliper toe progression

In article ,
Tim McNamara wrote:
It's difficult to tell from the photos, but it appears that there is an
eccentric motion...
Forum: Techniques November 7th 07, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Luns Tee
1903 bicycle wheel FEA

In article ,
wrote:
--"A Text Book on Roofs and Bridges," 5th ed., 1903, Merriman & Jacoby
p. 149-150

Forum: Techniques July 1st 07, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Luns Tee
Presta Tube in a Shrader-drilled rim

In article ,
Ozark Bicycle wrote:
On Jun 26, 7:17 pm, BCDrums wrote:
Do I...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 07, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 116
Posted By Luns Tee
Mavic introduces wheel with compression spokes

In article ,
Luns Tee wrote:
Consider a related experiment: moving the weight vertically
by a small distance, restraining it against...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 116
Posted By Luns Tee
Mavic introduces wheel with compression spokes

In article ,
A Muzi wrote:
-snip-
Luns Tee wrote:
I've made the spacings 2" and 1". I haven't verified the numbers for
bending...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 92