Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 2.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Antti Salonen
Forum: Racing November 8th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Antti Salonen
new question

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Good news! Alcohol is prohibited only for in-competition use, and only
in a very restricted set of sports.

Indeed. This was discussed on a local forum...
Forum: UK October 26th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By Antti Salonen
Car Clubs - A Cool Idea

In rec.bicycles.misc Paul Myron Hobson wrote:

FlexCar seems to be picking up here in the States. Not sure about its
European counterparts, but Flex car has several...
Forum: General October 26th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By Antti Salonen
Car Clubs - A Cool Idea

In rec.bicycles.misc Paul Myron Hobson wrote:

FlexCar seems to be picking up here in the States. Not sure about its
European counterparts, but Flex car has several...
Forum: Racing October 20th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By Antti Salonen
bad news on the doorstep.......

Tom Kunich cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

It is my opinion that we were stuck going into Iraq one way or another
because of the threat of militant Islamasism.

If it was militant islamism you...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 07, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Antti Salonen
Cracks and spoke tension

wrote:

I just measured that the spoke tension was on DS very constantly 1400
N and on NDS it varied +-10% around 700 N.

1400 N sounds high for a rim like Reflex. I...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Antti Salonen
Cracks and spoke tension

jim beam wrote:

and most other rims weigh more. what about d.t. rims - they're
weight/feature/performance competitive. have you tried those?

I tried the DT RR...
Forum: General August 29th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Antti Salonen
KRYLION opinions?

In rec.bicycles.tech Hell and High Water wrote:

I currently have Michelin Carbon tires.

I've had very good luck with these tires, but I understand they are no
Forum: Techniques August 29th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Antti Salonen
KRYLION opinions?

In rec.bicycles.tech Hell and High Water wrote:

I currently have Michelin Carbon tires.

I've had very good luck with these tires, but I understand they are no
Forum: Techniques August 28th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Antti Salonen
Working with bladed spokes...

Jim Higson wrote:

I understand there is a special tool to stop the bladed spokes from turning.
Can anyone tell me what this looks like? I'd imaging a slot in a bit of
wood cut...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 07, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By Antti Salonen
CF Bike Shatters Top Tube and Down Tube after hitting a Road Divot

damyth wrote:

In the case of the OP's Scott CF bike, having the down tube break in
two places at the same time is akin to lightning striking the same
place...
Forum: General July 13th 07, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Antti Salonen
Female riders in the Tour???

wrote:

Again, I'm not denying there is a gap. I'm just contending that the
gap between the best men and the best women, considering that the most
important landscape features in...
Forum: General July 12th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Antti Salonen
Female riders in the Tour???

wrote:

I think she or any other top female competitor would have almost no
chance of beating the top men, but she wouldn't drop out and would
likely end higher on the GC than at...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Antti Salonen
carbon steerer

gillymon wrote:

I thought that might be the case since it just looked like a coating
layer but since it was my first carbon steerer I wasn't sure. Your
answer is...
Forum: Techniques June 20th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 116
Posted By Antti Salonen
Mavic introduces wheel with compression spokes

Gary Young wrote:

It was more rigid and at 1355 grams they are one of the
lighter wheel sets on the market (hey - the spokes only way five grams
each - versus an...
Forum: Techniques June 1st 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Antti Salonen
Cervelo R3 Info

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On one hand, an R3 is an absurdly dear bicycle. On the other hand, it's
priced competitively with other top-line carbon bikes. It's also a nice
strong...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Antti Salonen
Bill Baka -- Selected Quotes from a Genius

wrote:

Alas, there are complications. That I don't know how to fly a jet is
a minor one, but one I'd overcome. I think the big one is that "short
money"...
Forum: Racing May 18th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 146
Posted By Antti Salonen
has Lemond lost his damn mind?

Scott wrote:

Second, my reading comprehension is just fine, thank you. The only
way to conclude there's no way to turn the testimony against Lemond is
to BELIEVE...
Forum: Racing May 18th 07, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 146
Posted By Antti Salonen
has Lemond lost his damn mind?

Antti Salonen wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may18news

Also:...
Forum: Racing May 18th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 146
Posted By Antti Salonen
has Lemond lost his damn mind?

Scott wrote:

Now he's proclaiming that not only did Landis confess, but he was
sexually abused as a child? What's next, is he going on Oprah, too?

With all due...
Forum: Racing May 7th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Antti Salonen
Dealing with doping- A modest proposal

Tom Grosman wrote:

And as long as
a non-trivial percentage of winners dope, doping will continue to be seen as
being needed to win, and will be widespread within the...
Forum: General May 7th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Antti Salonen
Fitting cartridge BB - how to get it right

Bill wrote:

Whatever you guys do may be different than
the way I do it, but my bottom brackets have gotten a little loose and I
have tightened them 'just enough'. I...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Antti Salonen
Which V-?

Ned Mantei wrote:

For what it's worth: I couldn't stop XT front V-brakes from squealing
(It was actually a combination of a high squeal and a much lower tone
Forum: Techniques April 30th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Antti Salonen
Nokon cables

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Haven't tried to put
on the shifting set yet, but tried to do the brake set, only to find that
the brake cable was too big to fit inside the liner....
Forum: Techniques April 29th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Antti Salonen
Effect of 1cm frame size difference

Artoi wrote:

I am currently on a 53cm c-c seat tube (projected virtual horizontal top
tube) compact frame and is looking at a 54cm c-c seat tube traditional
frame. The...
Forum: Techniques April 29th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 540
Posted By Antti Salonen
Goodbye

In rec.bicycles.tech wrote:

To relegate the thread to BS is a rude ploy.

It doesn't really matter if it's bull**** or not, as long as it's in the
wrong place....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60