Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Király
Forum: Techniques January 6th 16, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Király
27" road tubes?

Doug Landau wrote:
I put a new 700x18-25 tube in a new 27x1-1/4 tire yesterday and
inflated it 10 minutes later it went PFFssssssss. Did I stretch the
tube...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 16, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Király
Slicks versus a little tread

Doug Landau wrote:
Jobst would succinctly rip it to shreds.

I prefer treaded tires for all weather commuting, for the sole reason
that the thicker rubber gives better...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 15, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Király
Trek to sell Bicycles Online

sms wrote:
A big issue with Trek dealers (well dealers of all brands) has been
their lack of stock of less popular models and sizes and the reluctance
of customers...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 15, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Király
front wheel hub, put balls back on same side with the same cone

Emanuel Berg wrote:
Is this important? I've read you should do it as they
are worn together and if you don't put them on their
original side it all gets imbalanced and...
Forum: Techniques May 30th 15, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Király
School bans Curious George Book Because of George's Bicycling Technique,,

sms wrote:
The offending image is he
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4040/4505682067_6a4f03b1f0_z.jpg.

George also seems to have a rear wheel that is wince...
Forum: Techniques March 31st 15, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 146
Posted By Király
V-brake balancing screws.

AMuzi wrote:
I hope that was humor and not that your Ideal World looks
like North Korea.

If North Koreans could only have such freedoms - bicycles are banned
there. At...
Forum: Techniques March 14th 15, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Király
No Right Turn on Red

Joe Riel wrote:
I assume that the "No Right Turn on Red" signs that occasionally appear
on corners apply to cyclists (as well as cars). Seems a bit pointless
if there is a...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 15, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Király
rear wheel spoke tension

wrote:
imagine and draw a bridge way supported with angled steel pillars..as
with your dish.

No thanks to you.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
Forum: Techniques March 12th 15, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Király
rear wheel spoke tension

AMuzi wrote:
Yes, the specified tension is for right side rear.

Thanks to you.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
Forum: Techniques March 12th 15, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Király
rear wheel spoke tension

I built a rear wheel. The rim manufacturer specifies 1200N maximum spoke
tension. I tigtened up the drive side spokes to that much, and the
tension on the non-drive side is less to account for...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 14, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 161
Posted By Király
Frame Pump

Joe Riel wrote:
A year or two ago I replaced the Zefal hpx frame pump with a Topeak
Master Baster.

Isn't that a cooking utensil?

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
Forum: Techniques August 9th 14, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 65
Posted By Király
Loose back wheel bearing.

AMuzi wrote:
In bicycles, spindles turn, axles don't.

Does that go for pedal spindles too? Which part turns, the pedal or the
spindle? Hmmmm...

--
K.

Lang may your lum...
Forum: Techniques April 12th 14, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By Király
Backpack or pannier

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On another thread someone was looking for a new backpack to carry his
commuting gear in it. Many people suggested panniers instead.

I use a...
Forum: Techniques April 5th 14, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 95
Posted By Király
backpacks

Duane wrote:
Looking for something comfortable on a road bike with about 25km each way
commute.

wince Ooooh. The words "25km each way" and "backpack" and
"comfortable" do not...
Forum: General March 1st 14, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Király
Lights Question: Blinking Best ?

Bob wrote:
What do most folks do:

Rear Red Light set to Blink
Front White one on Steady

During the daytime I have my front white light set to blink. At night I
have...
Forum: Techniques January 7th 14, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Király
Black Diamond Bicycle Routes

sms wrote:
"The expert bikers don?t necessarily welcome beginners, kids and
out-of-shape visitors intruding on their terrain. Some even oppose
proposals for...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 13, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

James wrote:
Do you have any test data that shows that double eyelets are any
stronger or more durable?

No test data. Single eyelets spread the spoke load only among...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 13, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

wrote:
if you compared the two rims tell us about that...

sigh

Sun rim has single eyelets. DT has double.
Sun rim has pinned joint. DT has welded.
Sun rim is a little...
Forum: Techniques December 14th 13, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

Stephen Bauman wrote:
1. Tire pressure compresses rim and thereby decreases spoke tension.

Is it really true? I measured spoke tension before and after mounting
and inflating a...
Forum: Techniques December 14th 13, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

wrote:
K paid 2x for the same wheel....a question unanswered.

If you think a Sun Rhyno Lite and a DT TK540 are in any way comparable
you are completely misinformed. Or just...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 13, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

Stephen Bauman wrote:
Did you take your spoke tension measurements with the tire on (inflated
at full pressure) or off?

No tire. I've compared the pitch of a plucked spoke...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 13, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

Stephen Bauman wrote:
Is this a front or rear wheel. If rear wheel, which side?

Front. I've concluded that 70 kgf is too low if the max spec is 122
kgf. I'll go back to the shop...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 13, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

wrote:
why not 2.0 DT spokes with long nipples for long life...yours.... ?
what do you gain with 14 15 14 ?

Advantages of butted spokes according to Sheldon...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 13, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

Jay Beattie wrote:
I can state from experience that 122kgf will kill a DT 450.

Interesting - DT specs exactly that amount of spoke tension for that
rim....
Forum: Techniques December 11th 13, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Király
Spoke deflection - force

I built a wheel yesterday. Older 36H Shimano 105 hub, DT TK540 rim, DT
Competition spokes, butted 14/15/14. Will be used for commuting and
heavy loaded touring.

After truing and tensioning to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89