Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James Fitch
Forum: Rides August 17th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By James Fitch
Meeting a rider who is just finishing a cross country tour ..

The site is down for planned maintenance, and should be back up again on
Sunday.

"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By James Fitch
Looking for 58/110 BCD Crankset

The only one I am aware of in current production (sort of) is the Surly Mr.
Whirly, now delayed again until January 2008. I can't wait that long. I was
hoping that one of the TA Carmina spider...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 07, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By James Fitch
Looking for Specialties TA URL

"Marcus Coles" wrote in message
http://www.specialites-ta.com/

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Jim
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By James Fitch
Looking for Specialties TA URL

For some reason, I'm unable to find a URL for Specialties TA. I've been to
their website before, so I know it exists. At the moment, I'm baffled. can
anyone unbaffle me?

-Jim

Forum: Techniques July 29th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By James Fitch
happy ending

Carl,

Do you know whether Peter Spuij got his touring gear back, as well as the
bicycle?

-Jim

wrote in message
Forum: General May 22nd 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By James Fitch
Need Navigation Help in Portland

"Lynne Fitz" wrote in message
On which side of the river do you want to be? East or west?

I want to be on the...
Forum: Rides May 22nd 07, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc

"Lynne Fitz" wrote in message
On which side of the river do you want to be? East or west?

I want to be on the...
Forum: Rides May 21st 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By James Fitch
Need Navigation Help in Portland

I'll be riding through Portland in early August, headed south. If I come off
Highway 30 onto what looks like Business 30 (Columbia River Highway?), and
onto NW Vaughan Street (i.e. the STP route...
Forum: General May 21st 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By James Fitch
Need Navigation Help in Portland

I'll be riding through Portland in early August, headed south. If I come off
Highway 30 onto what looks like Business 30 (Columbia River Highway?), and
onto NW Vaughan Street (i.e. the STP route...
Forum: Rides May 12th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By James Fitch
Route Suggestions Vallejo to Sacramento CA

Are you looking for the most direct route, or a much more scenic (and
somewhat hillier) alternative that's only a few miles longer?

If you're referring to the frontage road (McGary Road, I think it...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By James Fitch
Protecting decals on new powder coat

The paint having suffered over the years, I've decided to have my old 1978
Trek 710 powder coated, before I rebuild it as a dedicated touring bike. I
have acquired original Trek and Reynolds 531...
Forum: Rides April 29th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By James Fitch
Route From Portland to the Coast SW of Portland

Great info! Thanks a lot.

-Jim

"Lynne Fitz" wrote in message
Many questions :-)

The RTB map isn't missing...
Forum: Rides April 28th 07, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By James Fitch
Route From Portland to the Coast SW of Portland

"Lynne Fitz" wrote in message
Hwy 18 and Hwy 99 are nasty, evil, and dangerous. Don't go there, at
least not...
Forum: Rides April 26th 07, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By James Fitch
Route From Portland to the Coast SW of Portland

I'm planning a ride from Bremerton to SF in August. I have only 11 days, so
I have to cover approx 100 miles per day. Fortunately, I won't be fully
loaded. En route, I have to visit OHSU (Oregon...
Forum: Techniques April 24th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By James Fitch
Taller Stem For Older Mtn Bike - Options?

"Rameni Noodlium" wrote in message

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
Forum: General April 24th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By James Fitch
Taller Stem For Older Mtn Bike - Options?

"Rameni Noodlium" wrote in message

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
Forum: Techniques March 20th 07, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By James Fitch
1W Luxeon Headlight

"James Fitch" jfitchatnapannetdotnet wrote in message

"Konstantin Shemyak" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques March 20th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By James Fitch
1W Luxeon Headlight

"Konstantin Shemyak" wrote in message

My self-made 3W Luxeon bike light:
Forum: Rides March 18th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By James Fitch
Route advice wanted: San Francisco to Donner Pass

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 8:02 am, "Rick" wrote:

As to a route...
Forum: Rides March 16th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By James Fitch
Touring with Dogs

"James Fitch" jfitchatnapannetdotnet wrote in message

"cmcanulty" wrote in message
Forum: Rides March 15th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By James Fitch
Touring with Dogs

"cmcanulty" wrote in message
Has anyone done a long tour self supported with their dog? I have a
7lb Yorkie...
Forum: Rides March 15th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By James Fitch
Route advice wanted: San Francisco to Donner Pass

"Rick" wrote in message
On Mar 14, 7:00 pm, "Ron Wallenfang" wrote:
I am planning...
Forum: General March 8th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By James Fitch
Knee problems, conflicting diagnosis, MRI

"Rich Clark" wrote in message

"James Fitch" jfitchatnapannetdotnet wrote in message
Forum: General March 7th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By James Fitch
Knee problems, conflicting diagnosis, MRI

"Rich Clark" wrote in message

Perfect positioning of your saddle is also an important factor in reducing
Forum: Techniques March 7th 07, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By James Fitch
Chain Ring Diameters

"JeffWills" wrote in message