Vuelta vs. the Tour by OccasionalFlyer
I keep seeing that the TdF is treated as the best stage race each year. There is no way that the TdF requires as much as the Vuelta a Espana. I remember...
Today 11:26 AM
by Davey Crockett[_15_] Go to last post
1 30 Racing
Chicago: Minus one cyclist by AMuzi
https://maggionews.com/1-man-killed-12-wounded-in-chicago-shootings-saturday/ -- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1 April, 1971
by Sir Ridesalot Go to last post
17 64 Techniques
Peugeot PX-10 max cog size? by Joerg[_2_]
A friend has a vintage Peugeot PX-10, once upon a time nicely upgraded with Phil Woods axles and BB. He is heavily into MTB, home-made electric bikes and...
by John B. Slocomb Go to last post
43 132 Techniques
Cyclists waste petrol by Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc. So you *******s...
by The Peeler[_8_] Go to last post
781 1,400 UK
Uber to focus on bikes and scooters over cars for short trips by Bret Cahill
Chief executive Dara Khosrowshahi says short car journeys in inner cities during rush-hour traffic are "inefficient". ...
Today 09:26 AM
by Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] Go to last post
Rides by [email protected]
In another month I'll be 74. I got a copy of Joe Friel's "Fast Over 50". The story on fitness isn't very encouraging nor is it very accurate at least in my...
by John B. Slocomb Go to last post
18 93 Techniques
another Chicago cyclist by AMuzi
https://wbbm780.radio.com/dodge-charger-fatal-hit-run-bicycle-crash-pulaski-park -- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1 April, 1971
by John B. Slocomb Go to last post
13 33 Techniques
Interbike 2018 Report by sms
Headed up there yesterday, for the day. It's now in Reno, so from the Bay Area it's easier to drive than fly. The show has shrunk considerably from its...
by Joerg[_2_] Go to last post
21 103 Techniques
Cycle box death judge gets it right for once by [email protected]
QUOTE: Barry Northcott pulled into the zone which is designed to protect cyclists at a traffic lights in Whitechapel High Street and failed to spot Karla...
Continental Ultra Sport tires by Theodore Heise[_2_]
Hi all, I've used mostly Continental tires for over 20 years and nearly 100K miles of road riding. Recently I got a half dozen Ultra Sports (700c x 25),...
by Theodore Heise[_2_] Go to last post
20 140 Techniques
Yee Gods, Not a Dahon by [email protected]
On Tuesday I do a ride with 4,000 feet of climbing so I'm not In a hurry up any hills. But neither am I waiting around since I have to put in 600 feet of...
183.9mph by AMuzi
A new world record: https://www.bikeworldnews.com/2018/09/18/denise-mueller-korenek-smashes-world-paced-bicycle-speed-record/ -- Andrew Muzi ...